Vinland Saga - Vol. 25 Ch. 176 - Sailing West Part 10

Dex-chan lover
Actually a good chap. I thought we were gonna see Leif on his deathbed with them all standing around him. Well, there's still time for that, I guess.

Fed-Kun's army
its ending soon isnt it
bruh imagine thinking this is boring
this has the most character development you'll ever see
people really like edge upon edge with no substance huh

Dex-chan lover
Here in 2020 Nova Scotia, we have racist non-indigenous fishermen harassing/threatening Mi'kmaq lobster fishermen over their right to a moderate livelihood....this series is so hopeful by comparison.

Bruh, if this ends right after landing in VInland then fuck this gay earth.
This needs a part 2.

Don't know if it comes from translation mistake or is like this to be easier to understand, but Oslo had the name Ánslo during the Viking era. It didn't get its modern name till 1925 (before that, it had a period where it was called Christiania). This has to be the only time I reacted to something in a negative way in the story, and it ain't even a problem due to being easier for most to understand where the dude buys his farm.

Group Leader
@ScarredSceptile Good point! The Japanse text does say Oslo (Osuro), which is odd like you say. Mostly because Yukimura has been using period accurate names for the entirety of the series (Miklagard instead of Constantinople etc.). I'm guessing this is just an oversight that will be fixed in the volume release.

Seeing Leif that old, man, that hurts, I've read this since the beginning, so I saw everything they had to go through. Leif was almost a second father to Thorfinn, spending the rest of his days searching for him when he went with Askellad.
Love this manga.

Dex-chan lover
Leif did not age too well, didn't recognize him for quite some pages.

How many years its been since we saw Lief tell the story to Thorfinn ? I dont think its been 20 years, its definitely been like 15 years only and either way Leif aged horribly he looks 80 years old wtf

Users who are viewing this thread