Vtuber General Thread

Contributor
I was momentarily confused by the new nomenclature, so I made this handy reference to help others:

map.png

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@pandascepter
I am not qualified, but I don't care lol.

From what I understand from 2 minutes of scrolling through reddit, Coco and some other vtuber were reading where most of their views come from through youtube's analytics system, they found out that most of them come from the region of Taiwan (the island), then China, Japan, Hong Kong, etc. People who don't understand that the analytics refer to geographical regions are mad because they think Taiwan (the country) is numba 1 when it is supposed to be China numba wan, only China.

Skip

Coco and that other vtuber received a suspension to appease their CCP overlords... or something like that, all because ching chongs got angry over nothing (As far as i know, Taiwan isn't recognized by the US, so youtube wouldn't recognize it as a country either).

Contributor
@pandascepter
Adding to Richman answer, it appears that VTubers have done this before (reading where their views come from), but only now that Taiwan was NUMBAH 1 is that the chinese are mad. Which is funny, because some other comments suggest that most chinese weebs use Taiwan proxies to be able to see japanese content.

In unrelated news, I just noticed how weird the word their is.

Dex-chan lover
This would be both fucking hilarious and sad if true. Hilarious because of how stupid people are, and sad because of how stupid people are.

@Richman
all because [REDACTED] got angry over nothing
WOAH WOAH WOAH MAN YOU CAN'T SAY THAT. As someone who isn't Chinese, but gets offended for the sake of others (who didn't ask me to), I'm going to have to ask you to retract that slur you used. Or else.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Just don't read them The words said before were never written.

Dex-chan lover
Would be funny if WW3 started over 2 anime girls. I don't like politics previously but now I wanna see CCP out of power. HoloMoments should also be burned to the ground.

Hololive Moments is created and helped by thousands of fans from Bilibili, those creators are our most important partners, and we value them more than anything else, even over the VTubers themselves.
If they try to pretend nothing happened after all this has blown over then I'm spamming their quote in their comments

Contributor
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN
Hololive Moments is created and helped by thousands of fans from Bilibili, those creators are our most important partners,
and we value them more than anything else, even over the VTubers themselves.
Wait, isn't Hololive Moments a completely unaffiliated unofficial channel in the first place? What the actual fuck is this?

Contributor
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN
I'mma be honest with you, I kind of just read, "I hope they lose all their subscribers", which still encapsulates much of the same anger and wish for their downfall.

Dex-chan lover
Holomoments issued a false copyright warning against another translator and now covercorp (hololive branch?) has been notified and is investigating.

edit: I am also now of the opinion that Coco did not show the analytics graph to intentionally take heat off Haato. I think it was just a coincidence.

Dex-chan lover
Hololive Moments has lost over 60k subscribers for being a CCP shill and now they're at 200k.

Wfdj8QH_d.webp

Users who are viewing this thread