Wakamono no Kuro Mahou Hanare ga Shinkoku desu ga, Shuushoku shite Mitara Taiguu Iishi, Shachou mo Tsukaima mo Kawaikute Saikou desu! - Vol. 3 Ch. 16…

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@Dead-chan
Watch out or you'll get snipped. :v

πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€

So this is a pretty good manga but I might nope out if it's constant meme translations(like Room 402), bad discord screenshots, and people trying to insert radical politics in muh softcore hentai mangas lol.

So the translator making meme translations was one of those types.
Like pottery.

@DrWhoCares
So when are you blowing up a federal building?

Fuck off with your politics pages. Take your immigrants and go die in a fire.

Dex-chan lover
I am just going to ask this once, Was it really needed/worth doing it so?.

Imagine thinking you're not racist by wanting immigrants to come here and work low wage jobs for you. Leftists need to stop trying to use immigrants as cheap slave labor.

Dex-chan lover
@Zephyrus Agreed. It's wrong to use your authority as a scanlator or translator to add your own information at the beginning or end of your work. It's unprofessional at best and irresponsible at worst to insert your own politics or ideology into a piece that is not yours and that you are merely trying to allow a foreign audience to consume. Very much just trying to start shit which I disagree with

@DrWhoCares How does it feel to not have your ideas engaged with as someone cherry picks quotes out of context to try and smear you? I'd assume it's fine because you didn't actually say anything that bad or necessarily bigoted, but it would be an interesting philosophical or political argument to have. Unfortunately, I don't think you could have it without simply being labeled a certain way and smeared for it.

Group Leader
It warms my heart to see pushback against the politics on that last page. Too many people like that are in a bubble and think it's impossible for anyone to disagree with them.

I agree with @CptBst , discord drama belongs in discord. Now this comments section is gonna become yet another politics thread. -_-

Dex-chan lover
I don’t understand the whole end credits page. Is it meant to make a statement? If there is an issue on different political views there is a politics thread in the forums. That way there’s a place where you can discuss your views on issues.

Hopefully the comments just stay on track. Let’s just leave politics at the appropriate place not here.

Power Uploader
unknown.png

Group Leader
@Tamerlane
To be honest, those messages aren't very cherry picked. It's actually most of the conversation, minus anything he said.
If you really want, I could provide full context, but basically the idea originally stemmed from him saying that US border policies are "ass-backwards" and that immigration should be entirely open, other than a simple check for any outstanding extradition warrants.
I explained my side of the argument, saying that completely free and open immigration like that is a logistical nightmare for governments to handle, along with a number of other issues seen in the screen shots. My entire point is simple, "completely open borders is a bad idea". Could the border policies be a bit more lax? Probably. But as I said in discord, I can't comment on the US's policies directly, because I don't know them personally. I'd have to do some research first.

The quotes are somewhat out of context, but they aren't fully out of context, since he basically screenshotted everything.
I'm just overly disappointed that he still has yet to actually go back to giving any explanation, reasoning, or argument to defend his points. He shut down rather quickly and started posting links to wikipedia pages on Cultural Racism and Redlining, along with quotes like the white image in the credits. You can see me asking for him to explain his points in the middle of the collage.

Overall, I don't really care that he decided to make any of this public, because it's not altered information, and it's not arranged in some way that shines my views in poor light (at least not entirely, since it's mostly not out of context). I think it's dumb that he put it in his credits page, but that's his choice.

3 "They can't drive" so apparently it's not cool to dislike them based on something that can likely cause manslaughter?

whoever "them" may be, given that the rest didnt seem worth reading after that

Double-page supporter
@DrWhoCares
kinda surprised he didn't insta-ban you, you know for having a opinion that disagrees with his. πŸ˜‰

but i suppose an attempt at a shitty smear job is still within the confines of the extreme left's way of doing thing.

Dex-chan lover
God forbid you ever use a third person plural pronoun when referring to a diverse group of people from varying backgrounds collectively, lest you commit the "us" and "them" false dichotomy...

(That's Sarcasm if you can't tell)
@deltarayedge

Group Leader
@loshi1505
It was on the mangadex discord. Neither of us have any power there.
Brave doesn't either, since he's not a discord mod. I think. Might be wrong on that. Either way, he's already stated he's not touching any of this because it would be a conflict of interest.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator

Ok folks, if you can't keep your discussion to topics related to the chapter (and, unfortunately, the drama page) and NOT on barely related politics that don't belong in chapter comment threads, I'll be locking it.​

Users who are viewing this thread