Wan Mu - Ch. 39 - Why Did You Leave?

Dex-chan lover
This is a sad reality that not many can choose who they love. Not everyone is as fortunate.
I think my main issue is that the message right now is one of hopelessness, like at some degree sure its saying you should keep trying to convince them until they accept, but more-so its saying keep begging, pleading, endlessly, grovel for decades and you still won't convince them but keep doing so. It's a message of hopelessness to make a better situation, a message to accept just outright suffering and hate. Right here the manhua isn't just saying "here's how life is", its saying "this is what you should do, this is what's best". If it was just describing how life was, then sure, it'd be pretty accurate, but its trying to impart a message at the same time that this situation should be accepted, and that if your gay you should just suffer, get into a het relationship, and submit fully to the society that hates you.

If the last few chapters turn and paint Wanwan's words not as a message the story is saying but as a tragedy of succumbing to the pressures of society, then sure, that'd work. But right now, with the fact that she somehow magically convinced her friend to go plead to her parents, it doesn't seem like that's the case, and it's just being the opposite of aspirational. The issue isn't that it's depicting a sad reality that many face, but that it accepts that and doesn't try to push for change or hope.

Dex-chan lover
Ok maybe I’m from a homophobic country where homosexuality doesn’t even exist (and its the biggest sin) so i kind understand whats happening here..

First, a lot of y’all hating on this and especially that wanwan married a man (chose a dick like you’re saying) and forgetting that a lot of countries and society still dont accept homosexuality, which leads to marrying someone else you dont like just to fit in. Thats literally a part of gays history which why PRIDE MONTH EXIST! The queers fought all these years for us to be able to love who we want, but shitting on closeted gays still isnt acceptable! A lot of us living this reality whether we like it or not, and those people are gays and valid just like you and me..

The message of gays being afraid of society, hiding because of their parents, letting go of each other or fight for each other.. all of that still exist and real, even a lvl 100 homosexual can face these if they were in a bad society like this, and believe me its not Something that easy to ignore and just be with someone you like..

Saying wanwan chose a dick where in reality She was forced (and mumu was the one pushing this) and had to live with a man she doesn’t like isnt funny👍🏻 a lot of lesbians are facing this and i find it extremely disrespectful to be called this..
The manhwa also showed mumu’s mothers who even if they’re married, they still had to hid and face difficulties, which is a good point to focus on our gay fellows in those societies..

The thing that i didnt like is the way the writer tried to show that its ok if your parents hated you for being gay, you still have to fight to gain their accepts..
While i agree on fighting for your family and i know it changes a lot to have their support. I still think that sometimes not all parents deserve to destroy your love life for them..
Accept who you are and find who truly loves you.. and be safe y’all💙
Im not saying toxic thing like man on the above... But i just wanna said something, u said "Wanwan married a man because of Mumu". That's not that simple, Mumu forced to make that decision cuz Wanwan cant make her mother understand about her relationship. U can see that Wanwan want to have both family and lover (Mumu). But Mumu knows, Wanwan mother wont accept it no matter what. Mumu know how it feels to get isolated from family by seeing both her parents. And she didnt want that happen to Wanwan, and thats why she make that decision.

Ok maybe I’m from a homophobic country where homosexuality doesn’t even exist (and its the biggest sin) so i kind understand whats happening here..

First, a lot of y’all hating on this and especially that wanwan married a man (chose a dick like you’re saying) and forgetting that a lot of countries and society still dont accept homosexuality, which leads to marrying someone else you dont like just to fit in. Thats literally a part of gays history which why PRIDE MONTH EXIST! The queers fought all these years for us to be able to love who we want, but shitting on closeted gays still isnt acceptable! A lot of us living this reality whether we like it or not, and those people are gays and valid just like you and me..

The message of gays being afraid of society, hiding because of their parents, letting go of each other or fight for each other.. all of that still exist and real, even a lvl 100 homosexual can face these if they were in a bad society like this, and believe me its not Something that easy to ignore and just be with someone you like..

Saying wanwan chose a dick where in reality She was forced (and mumu was the one pushing this) and had to live with a man she doesn’t like isnt funny👍🏻 a lot of lesbians are facing this and i find it extremely disrespectful to be called this..
The manhwa also showed mumu’s mothers who even if they’re married, they still had to hid and face difficulties, which is a good point to focus on our gay fellows in those societies..

The thing that i didnt like is the way the writer tried to show that its ok if your parents hated you for being gay, you still have to fight to gain their accepts..
While i agree on fighting for your family and i know it changes a lot to have their support. I still think that sometimes not all parents deserve to destroy your love life for them..
Accept who you are and find who truly loves you.. and be safe y’all💙

Yeah and this isn't even the worst of it. Imagine if this took place in a country where you had to hide it lest you be literally killed.

Im not saying toxic thing like man on the above... But i just wanna said something, u said "Wanwan married a man because of Mumu". That's not that simple, Mumu forced to make that decision cuz Wanwan cant make her mother understand about her relationship. U can see that Wanwan want to have both family and lover (Mumu). But Mumu knows, Wanwan mother wont accept it no matter what. Mumu know how it feels to get isolated from family by seeing both her parents. And she didnt want that happen to Wanwan, and thats why she make that decision.
Exactly! Wanwan wants to have both family and love (which is valid, but not that possible in this kind of society) and that put pressure on mumu.. she needed to make a sacrifice if she wanted to choose love, and i think mumu wouldnt want that.. so i totally agree with you..
I just wanted to say that there’s a lot like wanwan in the lgbt+ community, and having this story is a perfect example of these who are in that situation.. i just cant hate them for how the story went and find it disrespectful to say that wanwan “enjoyed giving her hole to a man and liked the dick”

Yeah and this isn't even the worst of it. Imagine if this took place in a country where you had to hide it lest you be literally killed.
Help i was born in that type of country so i understand😭
Luckily I’m in another one now where they support gay people..

Users who are viewing this thread