WataMote: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! - Vol. 13 Ch. 129 - Because I'm Not Popular, I'll Tell You

Dex-chan lover
No, imo this is the best direction Watamote could have gone. All the earlier things are paying off now, there's actual character and plot development, and seriously the author writes good characters and I always enjoy seeing them grow as well. I highly doubt I would have read 129 chapters of a gag manga that never developed, but now I'm ranking this as one of the best mangas I've read and I'm seriously invested in this manga, especially as the author has shown that they can write serious situations well and have realistic developments while still keeping things hilarious.

@Ambrosine -

exactly! couldn't have said it better.

the bread and butter of watamote has always been character interaction(even in the early manga). weither it's with tomoko and her family, randoms or yuu, that content has always been the best part of watamote.

and to guys saying it's turned into "normie manga" that's some hardcore BS and you know it.

if you ignored the first 60-70+ch of watamote(which you shouldn't because that's dumb)(like seriously, that's like pretending that the golden age arc of berserk didn't happen)and have it start after the Kyoto arc, then it would probably be a pretty basic-ass sol manga, but Because it had those first 60-70+ch that showed the struggles of a socially awkward high school student to give context to the later half of the manga, the context is completely different. the most mundane of story beats in a SOL manga/anime would have me yawning nonstop the whole way through(cafe dates, school trips, parties, school events, etc), but here? their like massive events used to celebrate the progression of tomoko as a socially aware person, and they always have me excited at all the juicy and hilarious character interaction that will come from it.

unlike other sol manga/anime, watamote earns it's SOL element's and makes them league's more interesting than other sol anime by contrasting itself with the early part of its manga.

you know, it kinda feels like yuri doesn't trust mako as much anymore(probably after what happened on the kyoto trip) and has started to drift more toward tomoko, which makes sense because of their personalities. it's just something about how she just let go of mako so easily when before she was really hurt by what she did. either she's become more understanding or she's come to a realization that tomoko is more her speed as a bestie. (That would also explain why she get so pissed when Nemo gets close to tomoko seeing as how it mirrors how Minami stole mako from her.)

Dex-chan lover
Re-reading the whole thing again and I just noticed that Yuri briefly took off her bunny ear and even tried to hide it when Ucchi party came to reclaim her. It's small detail like this that make this manga so great!

I think Yuri realizes that Makocchi is nice to her, but not considerate like Tomoko is to her. The way Makocchi goes after Fang is either compulsive niceness or pity, and Yuri's self-conscious enough to worry if Makocchi's friendly to her for those reasons too.

If Makocchi were considerate of Yuri's feelings, she would have told Fang to become an isekai protagonist, or at least tell her off for being a badmouthing jerk instead of partnering up.

@EcchiT Thanks for this sumarization I was kinda lost in Mako x Yuri relationship... but Makocchi was not there when Fang was badmouthing people so she would not have a reason to tell her to fuck off, no?

Users who are viewing this thread