WataMote: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!

Group Leader
@DRYHij843g

The whole point of the manga is to show how Tomoko transforms from a walking cringe compilation to a decent human being capable of basic concept of emotion.

Plus, the series gets better (or worse, depending if you can take the cringe/self-loathing attacks through relation and association) with each re-read. You can see that the author has planned the series way ahead of its time with how the background characters that are there from the start begins interacting and is interacted by Tomoko.

Now it's borderline a shoujo-ai/yuri harem, but knowing the genre of the story it's par for the course.

@DRYHij843g

i dont know if you should call the art declining in quality, its more like adjusted to look simpler (dem more characters) and more comfortable to read. as for the plot/comedy, i think it's fine considering you know every character's personality, how they behave in certain atmosphere, how they react and engage in a dialogue. and these are what i think to set this manga apart from the other. it delivers drama without being overdramatic while retaining the awkward and silly things happening around the protag's world. to me the first chapters have those oregairu vibes about a kid hating every single soul in the school and i doubt it's anything special. sure its more relatable and vulgar here but thats about it. yes the cringy parts has its own place. so, not saying early chapters are bad, but most of the fanbase aggreed that the changes were great.

@Kipsta
hmm.. why does this makes me sad... oh yeah im only following 5 manga with this included. hope it gets a sequel about college arc or something. and pls dont turn to be a yuri,,,,,

Dex-chan lover
Such a good change. Our Lil' Tomoko is more and more popular these days, she can talk with almost everyone without overthinking - not hold a normal conversation, just simple talking.

I guess this feeling is pride in someone else.

I've read watamote when it before get anime adaption, but i only read few chapters. i cant torture myself to read because of cringes, pity and stupid antic of tomoko, i mean i can relate few things when i'm embarrass myself. So i put on hold watamote and read it when i'm ready to read. I'm surprised how the manga is getting more good like before the manga only focus to tomoko but now focus around tomoko, relations etc.

I'm not into yuri genre, but i can accept yuri joke in this manga. Still shounen comedy genre :D

I re read this manga 4 times because its too good.

Yuri : "I'm not really a pervert"... so it is mean she is a pervert
Tomoko development is really interesting to see and still that pervert side of her do not change it.

Group Leader
Tomoko going divine diety levels of unpopular now; summer comes because of her unpopularity.

It took 164 chapters but someone finally understands her as the walking garbage she is!

I miss this series being a beacon to all those people who were just too messed up to interact with others in any way besides awkward, stilted internet typing.

... I mean, I'm older now and I learned to act human in short bursts, but I'd kind of like something to read whenever I have an off-day.

I feel that. It does help that Tomoko's development as a character coincided with one's personal growth. And I really like where we are right now on the series, but the first leg of this is special .

It looks like 167 has been out for a while but World Three is apparently dealing with some shit that leaves them unable to translate. This sucks.

Fed-Kun's army
@lolmassdriver
yea, and even chapter 168 is around the corner

fortunately, someone posted a translation for 167 on watamote reddit and this is the imgur link from there:
https://m.imgur.com/a/h8y1OV9

a bit of a shame that the anime didnt show the full potential of this manga. The manga probably didn't reached that point yet while the anime is airing i guess

Users who are viewing this thread