Watari-kun no ×× ga Houkai Sunzen - Vol. 15 Ch. 84 - Why We Came to The Beach

Dex-chan lover
Well damn. Last chapter I was happy that Tokui was a decent, normal person with his head on straight. He wasn't waiting around to be paired with one of the MC's spares, he's got his own romance to pursue that has nothing to do with anyone else's drama.

Turns out he's just as screwed up as everyone else, if not more.

Dex-chan lover
I already expecting that they can't go back together but its unexpected that i thought she's still with her ex, just to discover that she found her mr. Right guy or her true love with the help of tokui's words before they broke up.

Its bitter sweet but this made tokui have his closure in a good way.
But im wondering whats gonna be for ishihara next.

Dex-chan lover
I can totally get how Tokui feels. Think we all wonder how an ex we really loved (well, at least most of the men I know are like that, most women seem to move on far easier in my experience, but that is just anecdotal). I also kinda feel like... man, Aki made some big mistakes in life, but at least she got something she loved from it (a daughter) and seems to be doing well, that is good. Hope Tokui can find someone too. Personally hope it won't be Ishihara. Given the story, would feel very weird.

Thanks for the chapter :p look forward to when you get 85 and 86 up, but no rush imo.

Dex-chan lover
Well damn. Last chapter I was happy that Tokui was a decent, normal person with his head on straight. He wasn't waiting around to be paired with one of the MC's spares, he's got his own romance to pursue that has nothing to do with anyone else's drama.

Turns out he's just as screwed up as everyone else, if not more.
I do love the writing of this series where characters have lives outside of the friend group too, but it comes into play in it. And it doesn't feel like opposite sex people in the friend group just have to pair up just cause they are bigger characters in the story like most would, feels more grounded that way

MD@Home
He can handle almost every character in the series, but thing doesn't work on himself 🥲

Screenshot-2023-04-22-13-23-05-699-com-chrome-dev.png

Big guy deserve big hug 😇

Dex-chan lover
That hurts man, but well... At least he can move forward now. But I don't know how the author want to pair two secondary MCs together without it being kinda forced. But who knows, author can make a flip again and give Ishihara (? I kinda forgot her name) new man in friend circle, who knows?

Dex-chan lover
Fuck man... Ngl, I wasn't expecting this chapter to make me tear up. I get how Tokui feels to an extent and it's nice to see him get closure.

Contributor
Good, Naoto wasn't fooled by the pregnancy scare. Tokui got much needed development here with the exposition of his backstory. And we get a bittersweet closure for Tokui's first love. Sucks that his ex had to raise her daughter alone for a few years, but good thing she found a new, kind boyfriend who's also willing to be her daughter's stepdad. I hear single parents tend to have difficulties finding a marriage partner.

On pg. 34: Miura is usually a family name, I've never seen it be a female given name until now; So I checked my notes and saw Mio as Yukari's mother's name. But I don't know the kanji. Or maybe Miura was her maiden name before she got married to Mr. Ishihara? But Tokui wouldn't know that, would he? Come to think of it, where is Yukari's father...? I don't even remember if her mother was divorced or single.

Also on the same page "I could be a father to her if she wanted." I guess what he wanted to say here is "I could be a father to her kid if she wanted"?

Dex-chan lover
The only thing I dislike about this chapter is that parts of Tokui's story weren't woven in more often towards this conclusion. I've always loved his character. The bread crumbs about him and FCup's Mom were always ambiguous, and turned out to be a misdirection, which is interesting. I just wish he'd got more screen time and this wasn't all packed into one chapter.

Really enjoyed the chapter though. Also, the meme at the end is how I've imagined Costarican One Man Scan in my head this entire time, not just for this chapter lol.

Users who are viewing this thread