Watashi ga 15-sai de wa Nakunatte mo.

ez3

The interaction between the characters felt fairly realistic and the story could have had a lot of themes to explore.
Sadly realism is not something that is very popular.
The irony that it ended with an unrealistic (and very cheap) ending is sad.

Fed-Kun's army
Had some intresting elements, but unfortunately, not worth reading in the end.
Was gonna point out this, Is like at times wants to get into deep issues of Japan's modern society. The husband with a mid life crisis, the housewife who is unappreciated and doesn't have a life outsider her marriage, the unwanted child of a single mother, etc. but at the end ends up being some sort of fantasy for a sexist dude.

One of the things that seems most unrealistic and almost "self insert fantasy" of the manga, is the part that the girl wants to have sex with the father of her bully as a "gotcha".
Like... She could've just blackmailed him, and then falsely announce him. Why the hell would she want to have sex with him and argue it was for money, when at the first episode she was okay with blackmailing him.
I think the only satisfactory part is that the wife left him and doesn't want him back.

Fed-Kun's army
I think the only realistic part of the manga is that the guy gets arrested for having sex with a minor, and then ends up with no jail time, and living under a bridge with said minor.
Cause sadly, is pretty common in Japan for people who abuse minors to end with mo repercussions, just look at the author of Toriko, or Rurouni Kenshin.

so uhhh... im kinda new to the manga scene and this has got to be the most fucked up manga ive read thus far... but im also the type of person who finishes whatever ive started so i want to know if anyone's currently translating this coz if nobody is then im just gonna remove this off my list.
the translation is complete now

I didn't like the ending. In the end, the father was left alone, he couldn't vindicate himself and the damn daughter got recognition, being a streamer, but recognition in the end, and money. The poor girl was the one who suffered the most, but at least it was noted that she got a "happy ending."
welcome to real life, everyone except the father got off easy tho, and the father shoulve suffered more

Its decent enough, I do agree the end is kinda weird paced, specially the
vengeance against the bully and all of that
, Im
glad
tomoko, the mother,
got her glow up and looks stunning now
, and that the daughter
found success in her own way
, I only wish the father
got even more consequences for his actions, I feel like loosing his family wasnt enough for what he did, specially since he left the girl as a single mother at 15
, I facepalmed almost every chapter with every decision, but there are real life adults who take shitty decisions like that so I cant complain, I feel the manga tried too hard to make you feel sympathy for the mc at some points,
which may lead some readers to expect him to redeem himself, but I knew it was over the moment he had all the intentions to rape her in their first go at a love hotel, before his consciousness kicked in
I honestly think the manga shouldve explored more the relationship between the father and daughter (but we can guess he probably was a physically present but emotionally unavailable father) and more between the relationship between the girl and her mother, hell, the relationship of the mc with his parents wouldve also been good, but I guess japan is not ready yet for the generational trauma plot trope.

Overall a decent manga, its a quick read so I think its worth it, (a few chapters longer and it wouldnt) I recommend it if you like short tragic stories with bittersweet ends.

P.D: Tomoko is the best girl but the mc was too blinded by his middle life crisis to see it

Was gonna point out this, Is like at times wants to get into deep issues of Japan's modern society. The husband with a mid life crisis, the housewife who is unappreciated and doesn't have a life outsider her marriage, the unwanted child of a single mother, etc. but at the end ends up being some sort of fantasy for a sexist dude.

One of the things that seems most unrealistic and almost "self insert fantasy" of the manga, is the part that the girl wants to have sex with the father of her bully as a "gotcha".
Like... She could've just blackmailed him, and then falsely announce him. Why the hell would she want to have sex with him and argue it was for money, when at the first episode she was okay with blackmailing him.
I think the only satisfactory part is that the wife left him and doesn't want him back.
I feel like the manga never made up its mind if the mc is supposed to be a shitty person trying to justify himself, or if he was genuinely capable of redemption, the manga would be better if it made up his mind if we should feel bad for him and hope for his comeback, or if we should wait for his downfall.

Im on the side that the mc was a shitty person justifying himself and that shouldve fallen harder btw.

I dont know what to make of this manga, it was interesting but it felt like the author had no idea what kind of ending to go for. Made it seem like the MC was gonna try and fix his broken family but hes still not on speaking terms with his daughter and his wife levelled up without him lol. I can understand why it would be best if he stepped out his 1st daughters life since she got a strong father complex and ruined her life for him but hes not even looking after the 2nd one either. He didnt deserve a happy ending but this was such a half assed conclusion.

I liked the way how the manga showed everyone's flaws and kind of sets every character a redemption but I guess not all of them deserved it. Putting your hands on a 15-yr old JK is probably a unredeemable sin that a man can do, not being a foundation for his family to lean on and just overall not being there for them emotionally. The daughter stabbing Shiina, bullying her, overall being mean to her before any of the mess happened. Tomoko being on his husband's neck most of the time and Shiina's sudden torment to Kokoa at the love hotel.

I am surprised and glad with how well the daughter managed to bounce back after the time leap. Tomoko being able to love herself again and still have a connection to her daughter. Most importantly, Shiina. She have a early on existential crisis that further pushed her to prove her worth by getting affirmations to dirty old men, her being a single mother at such a young age. But having her daughter by side gave her a reason to keep living on. I am glad is she doing well with her child considering her situation.

The bastard mc deserved getting rejected by his family and also leaving a 15 yr old all the responsibility that he is pretty much also accountable for. Despite all of that. I still wanted a "Happy Ending". Perhaps one day being able to reconnect to his family or taking responsibility for his and Shiina's child. The author built this suspense of downfall with the sense of redemption not just for the mc but for everyone else. But that is just my wishful thinking. The ending is pretty much close to reality. But still despite everyshiz I said. I still wanted a "Happy ending" despite him not deserving one.

Now I have to find a cheerfy manga after reading this one.

Man this was a ride. My overall impression: solid 7/10 because I love how unique it is and the first half really hit the ground running. Idk how much control the author had in regards to the length bc I feel like they should've made the second half more fleshed out but I still think they did their best in only two volumes.
It goes without saying that this is one of those manga where it's hard to really 'like' any of the characters. I will say, my favorite character is Shiina and the whole time I was just rooting for her hoping she'd get a relatively good end.
MC is pretty trashy and it's understandable why. The feeling of not being loved really makes you feel like you can't give love either and he clearly wasn't sure how to resolve his problems, even till the end which was so disappointing. I was hoping he'd end things with his family and focus on being a better man to Shiina and their daughter but for some reason he loves to gaslight himself into thinking he still belongs with his ex wife and daughter.
The wife and kokoa aren't any better. I'm actually displeased that kokoa seems to be in a good place (at least for the time being bc let's be honest, a YouTube couple that got together at juvie really ain't gonna last and she has the 'landmine' girl look). I'm really hoping things go south bc imo everything got set in motion and started going south the moment she decided to expose Shiinas past and bully her. Unforgivable. The wife's glow up was actually insane lol but it's good to see her doing better I guess. I wish we got to see more about how MC and her ended up in a dead end marriage. Her line in the end implies that she didn't feel special anymore but I also wanna know if she was making an effort as well or if she just gave up immediately on the marriage after the love died out, since we do see her be somewhat regretful during the Atami trip.
Finding out the truth behind Shiinas parents was so heartbreaking. I can't imagine what it must've been like for her mother to live after having gone through that and having to deal with the consequences. I hope she's doing better.
I know Shiina also was egging MC on because she really wanted an escape but considering how sh*t her life had been bc of others, I'm gonna back her up. The scene where she gets revenge on Kokoa was satisfying albeit in a weird way.
Lastly, I'm sooo glad Aoi is such a cinnamon roll. Her love for her mom is literally the only thing that keeps Shiina going and I hope it lasts forever. I really wanna be wrong about this but the author is making it seem like MC has basically abandoned her and Aoi and for that, shame on him. I wish Shiina all the best and hope Aoi and her continue to have a good life like we saw in the last couple pages. Must protecc at all costs.

lol it is sooo realll, the only one who got happy ending/ success in life is the bully and the EVIL.... such masterpiece depicting a real world !

this is real world, the one who got rewarded in life is the bully and the evil one, if u are just piece of shit, kind hearted ppl well just accept your life is shit and hell

What a bad ending, and it's all the fault of the protagonist, the only uninteresting character. I really hate passive Mc's, who only react to what the plot throws at them as if it only existed as a nucleus that moves the story forward, not because they have anything relevant to contribute as a character.

Users who are viewing this thread