Watashi no Shounen

This manga is disturbing. There's no excuse for a 30 something year old adult (man or woman) in love with a child.

at the very least it's well written, very interesting and always remains realistic (which is important for a manga of its nature). To not at least give it a try would be a disservice to yourself.

as much as i love the relationship between mashu + satoko, even before the interview this was doomed to fail (which i'm semi-sad about, but there's a lot of moral shit going on that hurts my head).
my guess is mashu ends up with his school friend (as satoko is foreshadowing she will be supporting) and satoko will be stuck with her resolve to cheer him on as he grows up.

as gross as it is to think about the age-gap, i think i'm the same as some people here where story-wise i REALLY wish they would get together; but if you're thinking about this IRL then it's a definite no-go.

@FluffyTwilight The manga originally ran on the Monthly Action magazine by Futabasha vol 1-4, then shifted over to Weekly Young Magazine by Kodansha vol 5 onwards or in mid 2018 (due to vol 4 chapters being released in 4Q17 and vol 5 chapters in 2H18). Hitomi has been releasing chapters periodically likewise once every 4th or 5th Monday to stay in the 'monthly series' type instead of the usual weekly or semi-monthly series.

I'm not sure why she couldn't go to the monthly young magazine kodansha has, guess more circulation the weekly one has and yet she releases it once a month. /shrug

@Ciaohello Thanks for pointing that out captain obvious. You even read the chapters?? Satoko knows she's in the wrong for doing the actions she's doing and the entire story is about her dealing with the morals of this story. What are you going to say next? Water is wet?

Giving it low rating because author him/herself said those 2 will never get into relationship fk this author

i kept reading this and tbh im confused right now. they deserves their happiness. however, the age gap is too wide that its not even funny for a 32 y.o. lady to be with a 14 y.o. boy.
satoko could be his mother lol. but but but its not fair not to let them to be together!
as i read it, and think what if it's a relationship between a 32 y.o. man and 14 y.o. girl? eww thats scary. but when u think about it, when the girl reach adulthood which is 21y.o. then.. it's not weird anymore? i mean its quite accepted in the society tbh. but reversed? i mean in regards with the condition in this manga? it is still not right.

UGHHHHHHHH. IM SAD. i want them to be together! :(((((((((((( BUT BUT BUT.... GAH. i cant read this any longer.

I read these comments and now I'm sad they are not going to be together at the end,but I shipped them.Can someone change the mind of the author? pls anyone because I really shipped them

Double-page supporter
@burmn123 Last I heard from Hot Chocolate Scans, from their Beastars threads on 4chan, the typesetter for Watashi no Shounen has been waylaid by health and personal problems. It's the reason why there have not been any new releases despite the Japanese releases of new chapters. Hot Chocolate Scans being busy with their other projects such as Beastars and D-Frag! has also not helped.

Wait, wait, wait....... I almost missed out andddddd Mashuu grew up healthy and handsome!
I have two hunches that are difficult to side with.
I have heard the author assure that there is no special relationship between Kotoko and Mashuu, and Mashuu might end up with his classmates. But I think this is also unfair because the author always gives strong signs of psychological closeness. It's clear there is something between them. Kotoko is not stupid enough to always be cheated to feel comfortable around him, even more than that, even if a little. They are floating not making any progress. They just don't make it work.
I even don't think Mashuu is playing around about his feelings. He is honest with his complexity to monopolize like a little kid do: this is what makes me wonder if this will shift the potential end of the story. If in the end their strong bond was only a realization for Mashuu and Kotoko only became a desirable parent figure for him, then the little girl was clearly his true partner.

Based on the reading the description, I would personally want the mother-son type of storyline due to the age gap. She can legit be his mother, especially lacking of parent figures

So this is gonna be like "After the Rain" but switched? I`M DOWN LET`S GO FOR ANOTHER GOOD STORY AND ANOTHER HEARTBREAK.

also what happened to the translations why did they stop?

Is anyone keeping up with raw? Just wondering how old Mashuu is by volume 8... high schooler?

Double-page supporter
@quantine
I have been keeping up with the recent/current chapter RAWs, from what I was able to glean it seems that there was another 2 year time skip after Volume 7 and Mashuu is apparently a high school Freshman/1st Year, 16 years old. Which is really cutting close to going against what Hitomi Takano said in her 2018 ITMedia interview about keeping Mashuu a "kid" for the rest of the story.

Buying all the volumes. The character conflicts are great and I'm in the ride whether they end up together or not. LET'S GO!

Users who are viewing this thread