Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! - Vol. 12 Ch. 57 - Being Honest in Love

Group Leader
I would like to point out that, on other platforms, missing chapters are available that have not been uploaded here on mangadex.
For those interested, I recommend doing some research on other similar platforms.

For the piracy discourse on mangadex, my opinion is that if you like the work and it comes out in your country, the first thing to do is to "BUY" the volume as soon as it is available.

IMG-4456.jpg

If there were no mangascans, I think I would have really missed out on a lot of works that, alas, would never have come to my country.
I am also willing to read them in English, but certainly as soon as they arrive in my language I am the first to rush out and buy them.

In addition, you don't know how many Light Novels I would like to read in Italian but I have to resort to Yen Press eBooks (holy Amazon Kindle) in English to read them.

Dex-chan lover
I like the drama and the story but I'm so fucking done with this arc man. It's like reading a whole different manga. Where the actual fuck are the other characters?!
Again, i really really hope this arc ends quick. It's interesting but I'd rather know what the hell is happening with hime and yano!
At least it isn't as shit as Kase-san lmfao.
The next chap will probably have sumika swoop in eventually and it'll end on a cliffhanger. Then we'll see the rapi- i mean Goeido shed a tear at the end and go "oh i actually liked them" or some shit idfk this chapter just made me mad.

Dex-chan lover
I like the drama and the story but I'm so fucking done with this arc man. It's like reading a whole different manga. Where the actual fuck are the other characters?!
Again, i really really hope this arc ends quick. It's interesting but I'd rather know what the hell is happening with hime and yano!
At least it isn't as shit as Kase-san lmfao.
The next chap will probably have sumika swoop in eventually and it'll end on a cliffhanger. Then we'll see the rapi- i mean Goeido shed a tear at the end and go "oh i actually liked them" or some shit idfk this chapter just made me mad.
I'm more interested in knowing more about Mai than Hime and Yano, she had nothing so far.

Dex-chan lover
If you just wanna be a pirate and read manga for free, I'm pretty sure there's other ways for you to do that out there than pester somebody to retranslate literal years' worth of manga.
I actually buy the manga that I like, using MangaDex to find whether I like them. (The situation here makes that assessment awkward.)

No one here is pestering anyone else, except to the extent that your comment is pestering of a different sort; I was curious.

Fed-Kun's army
This arc just keeps getting more and more intense. We were honestly surprised how tense but not intrusive most of that chapter was. They're still finding ways to talk about Class-S relationships 12 volumes in. And then the last page hit. its what we were expecting the whole time but damn. Thanks for the Chapter.

Dex-chan lover
I still hate Kanako so much. I'm so over this Kanako/Sumika stuff. I do love Sumika but I'm tired of the side couple here. I want to get back to Hime and Yano already. This entire thing has been the main focus for like two and half volumes.
I obviously dislike Goeido with a passion but sorry Kanako is leaps and bounds worse than her in every way. I hope she drops the Hime feelings already and either gives up or sticks with Sumika who deserves so much more than shitty Kanako lol.

Thank you for the chapter really love this series hope it gets back to the other couple asap.
I’m in the contrary opinion. I love this side story, it has so much going on. It’s so so juicy I want to sink my teeth into it more. For me the whole Hime/Yano plot seems drawn to a natural conclusion and while it’s not end of story sort of deal. Unless this story spills over into their stories any sort of further development is going to feel flat.

Dex-chan lover
Well, contrary to the folklore of scanlation, scanlating only chapters not already in the target language provides no legal insulation, and the licensor or licensee have an incentive to go after scanlators of work soon to be published in the target language.

I understand scanlators who abandon scanlation after the work is licensed, and even scanlators who then delete their scanlations where they can. This case is different.

I get your point, I went to forbidden planet the other day and they had volumes one to ten in English. My head cannon for why they’re not scanlated is because those volumes are rubbish. It’s kind of unfortunate but without a proper antagonist like Goeidou it a plot you can unfortunately see from a mile away.

Dex-chan lover
I’m in the contrary opinion. I love this side story, it has so much going on. It’s so so juicy I want to sink my teeth into it more. For me the whole Hime/Yano plot seems drawn to a natural conclusion and while it’s not end of story sort of deal. Unless this story spills over into their stories any sort of further development is going to feel flat.
Yeah see I don't agree. "any sort of further development" would mean Hime actually realize she does love Yano and even did when they were kids because Yano accepted Hime for who she was which was basically a giant twat waffle. Hime is just too scared to love. I don't know if it's a "were both girls" thing or something deeper but I 'm pretty sure nothing has been explained on that front really.

Honestly if it was ANYONE even a dying beetle on the ground other than Kanako I'd probably be okay with the side story stuff. But god I just dislike her character so damn much and she's not some new kind of character she's just whiny indecisive and fucking annoying lol

Dex-chan lover
@Akiras789 I’m sorry you don’t like Kanako. Personally I’m not a fan of Yano either, she just too much a plain love interest. All I can say is that you should have faith, for this arc probably won’t go on for much longer and then it will likely switch back to being a generic Yuri story, which halfhearted goes on for a few more Tankōbons before wrapping up the story for good at volume 12 or 13. Unless the author does the unthinkable for a Yuri title, in which case all bets are off.

Supporter
Wow, that was really incredible what she has done. It may hurt for a long time. Thanks for the translation. THis chapter was outstanding

Dex-chan lover
I knew Goeidou was a terrible person and was supposed to be a terrible person.
I knew Goeidou had psychopathic tendencies and liked using people.
I knew her character had... INCREDIBLY UNHEALTHY ideals about love and relationships...

...But I had no idea this bitch was this fucking crazy.

Dex-chan lover
what the actual fuck and why are people defending goeido..

Because she’s the best character hands down. All the others are kind of one note. Especially Hime and Yano, like Hime dream is marrying someone rich and living an easy life of wealth. Now maybe Yano is super wealthy but there has been no indication that’s the case and as this is a Yuri manga so author isn’t going to add a rich male protagonist so that entire plot points is never going to be resolved.

Goeido on the other hand is something between a borderline sociopath and a sadist. It’s really hard to tell if she’s doing these things for her own twisted amusement or her ultimate goal is exactly as she has described but because she a sociopath she thinks what she is doing is best for everyone. Regardless of what she will ultimately end up being, it’s great reading which is why Goeido has many defenders/fans.

The greatest shame is that despite having an anime this season its chart placement both in the West and Japan is meh so it’s not going to get another season.

Because she’s the best character hands down. All the others are kind of one note. Especially Hime and Yano, like Hime dream is marrying someone rich and living an easy life of wealth. Now maybe Yano is super wealthy but there has been no indication that’s the case and as this is a Yuri manga so author isn’t going to add a rich male protagonist so that entire plot points is never going to be resolved.

Goeido on the other hand is something between a borderline sociopath and a sadist. It’s really hard to tell if she’s doing these things for her own twisted amusement or her ultimate goal is exactly as she has described but because she a sociopath she thinks what she is doing is best for everyone. Regardless of what she will ultimately end up being, it’s great reading which is why Goeido has many defenders/fans.

The greatest shame is that despite having an anime this season its chart placement both in the West and Japan is meh so it’s not going to get another season.
It's Passione. They gave another meh doing anime a second season recently. I can see them doing it for this, especially since all the spicy shit they love would be in that said second season. Along with the rumored Citrus S2

Dex-chan lover
It's Passione. They gave another meh doing anime a second season recently. I can see them doing it for this, especially since all the spicy shit they love would be in that said second season. Along with the rumored Citrus S2
Are you talking about Higurashi? Because as visual novels anime adaptations they tend to get way more leeway than other media adaptations. For manga adaptations it mostly relies upon increased manga sales numbers and in any case we won’t see a sequel 2026 at the earliest due to the monthly serialisation of Watashi no Yuri and the one to two years time frame for manga to anime adaptations. Look at full metal panic, the manga finished almost a decade ago but this anime is just past the halfway point.

Users who are viewing this thread