Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! - Vol. 12 Ch. 60 - The Lovers' Night

every time I tune in to a new chapter I leave with a headache....but I still come back every time. is this what an unhealthy addiction feels like? thank you for the TLs op

Supporter
Omg, that was such an emotional chapter. Konoko is hurting so much and feelings of guilt is overwhelming her. She tells Sumika the truth and throws herself upon her and I am so happy to see Sumika handle this extreme care and gentleness. I hope they both begin to heal and I know it will take some time for Konoko to heal from her infactuation with Hime and now her relationship with Sumika. Also this shows the Author's skill and how good of a writer she is to put this together in such a way that it moves us. Thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
Both deserve slightly better than they currently have. Sumika needs to understand that her crush is 1 sided and should be reciprocated for them to have a healthy relationship and realize that Nene was always there so they get together. Kanoko needs to be with someone who makes her actually happy to be with since, honestly what she pulled was disgusting, we have seen that this whole arc has been her suffering under someone else's instructions since she wanted to be able to be with someone who will make her happy and she very clearly knows even if Sumika is there for her it doesn't help since she wanted a friend who was never there because it was always Sumika's love.

Dex-chan lover
Well, as I thought, nothing happened to Kanoko, Goeido is only interested in Sumika
But, look... who got assaulted by who. 😳

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah. I'm weirded out that I brushed passed that.

In my opinion, it's definitely not justifiable, but I can see why she did it. She's probably been replaying that moment since it happened, reliving the fear and powerlessness. Doing it to Sumika was probably a twisted, desperate attempt to escape those replays- to exert power where before she was powerless. It could also be her taking that bitch's "lesson" to heart. I can see both ways, but in either case it's still a fucked thing to do.

Again, I'm not sure if Sumika did the best thing here, but she's decided to stay with Kanoko. I hope Sumika can teach her what a healthy realationship with healthy boundaries looks like. Otherwise, I hope Sumika can find the will to cut Kanoko off if she can't change or, worse, starts to resemble that bitch
Nah, I think Kanoko wanted to do it because she still thinks "it's not a big deal". She's still in denial that something meaninful happened between Yano and Hime, so she wanted to give her body to Sumika to prove to herself that kiss meant nothing.

Sumika was a total angel this chapter. When she thought Kanoko was assaulted, she even searched what to do to help her heal.
The way I see it, we have two total opposites here: Sumika, whose driving force in recent events has been her mostly selfless love towards Kanoko, and Kanoko herself whose driving force has been her selfish love for Hime.

I'm sure those two will end up together, I hope we get a redemption arc for Kanoko where she realizes her toxic behavior, just like Nene did, and changes for the best. But I still wouldn't hate it if we get a surprise heroine that comes out of nowhere and snatches Sumika away, this time with straightforward love instead of the selfishness she suffered from Nene and now Kanoko.
You could say Sumika has really bad luck when it comes to the ladies haha.

Dex-chan lover
By the end it really feel like they just broke up their roles as Lovers…but it does seem they reached an understanding as friends/sisters.

Let’s hope they can both keep their traumas in check…
Who am I kidding? Things will probably take a turn for the worse, none of these girls know how to adapt to different relationships.

Group Leader
Sumika's love for Kanoko as someone has already said I see it as "one-way."
What Kanoko feels for Sumika is not love, but remorse for never respecting the girl rather being a burden to her and always asking.
As evidence was the forced kiss to see for herself whether it is pricey for her or not but coincidentally always thinking of Hime.
Her feelings at the moment are clear, but she is confused and shortly Sumika will understand that the affection between the two is not the romantic thing she wanted.

Then, if the author thinks otherwise and in the later chapters it turns in favor of the Sumika/Kanoko couple, personally let him do it quickly and go back to Hime.... but then enough of Kanoko's fixation on her friend! To continue would no longer make sense.

In fact....it would take a volume just to find out Hime's reaction toward Kanoko for the betrayal of having "revealed" to someone else about her façade and the latter's manipulations in addition to rejecting Kanoko outright.

Will they end up as friends ? Very likely, but it will not be the same as before.

Dex-chan lover
Omg, that was such an emotional chapter. Konoko is hurting so much and feelings of guilt is overwhelming her. She tells Sumika the truth and throws herself upon her and I am so happy to see Sumika handle this extreme care and gentleness. I hope they both begin to heal and I know it will take some time for Konoko to heal from her infactuation with Hime and now her relationship with Sumika. Also this shows the Author's skill and how good of a writer she is to put this together in such a way that it moves us. Thanks for the translation

I get the feeling from the latest chapter that Konoko has put aside her feelings for Hime and accepted Sumika as her girlfriend since Sumika has shown her true love.

Dex-chan lover
honestly i still feel something more happened with kanoko but guess it'll either come up somewhere else later on or then nothing more than what we saw is all that happened

even still again Sumika is a tough one tbh because even after hearing all that shit she didnt just tell kanoko to just fuck off and be done with her

in the end still feel bad for Sumika cause no matter what seems she always gets the bads and the lies but somehow always forgives in some way or another and its so annoying

with that said am looking forward to next ch see where things goes from here

Dex-chan lover
Wasn't this series monthly?
Did they switch to weekly publishing or we just have a backlog of untranslated chapters and TLs are catching up?

Group Leader
Wasn't this series monthly?
Did they switch to weekly publishing or we just have a backlog of untranslated chapters and TLs are catching up?

In Japan, volume 12 came out on May 17, 2023, and it contains up to chapter 61 + extras (chapter 61.5) and that is why they are coming out so fast.

yuri_vl_12.jpg

シフト、 57 - 恋に素直に
シフト、 58 - 守りたいもの
シフト、 59 - それぞれの傷心
シフト、 60 - 恋人たちの夜。
シフト、 61 - あたしたちの夜
シフト、 61.5 - 陽芽の憂いはお仕事です!
あとがき
Shift, 57 - Be True to Your Love
Shift, 58 - What I want to protect
Shift, 59 - Each Heartbreak
Shift, 60 - Lovers' Night.
Shift, 61 - Our Night.
Shift, 61.5 - Youmei's sorrow is work!
Postscript

I have no idea when volume 13 or the individual chapters from 62 onward will come out.

Last edited:
Kanoko is really complicated Girl.

She thinks it's fine First Kiss or S** but she is afraid at Episode 59.
She is afraid got assault but now she is fine give her body to Sumika.

Aggregator gang
Can we please just skip to the part where Nene and Sumika end together

I can’t be the only one who theorizes that Kanoko doesn’t actually have romantic feelings for Hime. I purely think that she is confusing platonic and romantic love. At the beginning of the series, Hime was her only friend. The feelings of jealousy she has may not be because she wants to be with Hime romantically, but it could just be that she’s scared of her best friend leaving her.

Either way, I don’t think Kanoko has a good grasp on what relationships are supposed to be, both platonically and romantically.

I personally like Kanoko and Sumika, I think their relationship has a lot of potential. However, it needs work. Not all relationships are perfect from the start, it’s incredibly rare for them to be. These two just need a bit more work right from the start.

Dex-chan lover
I can’t be the only one who theorizes that Kanoko doesn’t actually have romantic feelings for Hime.

It pretty clear she has just obsessive possessive feelings for Hime and that she has a yandere/psycho bitch nature. Probably not full if I can’t have her no one can. But she would spread malicious rumours and in such to make Hime brake up with her partners.

Users who are viewing this thread