Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! - Vol. 13 Ch. 66 - A Well-Trodden Staircase

Dex-chan lover
Let the author take as much time as they think is necessary, as the story has been masterfully crafted/written so far. The relationships we have in this story are deeper and more complex than the majority of series, at least in my opinion.

By the way, Volume 13 will be out in Japan in less than three weeks. Let's support the manga by buying it.

Thanks for the chapter, as always.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I can't do this. lol Seeing Kanoko not even excited to get invited by HIme. Bruh her only source of solace is also pure angst. I'm not reading this shit right now. For once I'm gonna agree with the Hime cryers, we need to move away from this girl for now. I will read this next year. (yes that was a dad joke)

Dex-chan lover
Let the author take as much time as they think is necessary, as the story has been masterfully crafted/written so far. The relationships we have in this story are deeper and more complex than the majority of series, at least in my opinion.

By the way, Volume 13 will be out in Japan in less than three weeks. Let's support the manga by buying it.

Thanks for the chapter, as always.
Really don't think one could call these relationships "deeper and more complex than the majority of series"- that just is disingenuous and factually wrong. Kanoko inherently is a pretty shallow character, her whole existence is angst because of lesbian feelings for hime.. That is it. She did not develop or grow or deepen. There was nothing more to her. We just now went full circle these past chapters with two slight additions; she is a bit more confident and absolutely annoying in being that repetitive. Sumika on the other hand is a splendid character that could be described as complex and deep, I guess.

Also, that is a whole arc pretty much wasted. I learned nothing apart from: holy shit is Kanoko one annoying and infinitely selfish piece of s! That alone makes this just not deeper and more complex than MANY (majority..) other great series out there- it most certainly can not be masterful with a whole arc wasted...

So Kanako's journey ended with her in basically the same place she was in but a bit more confident now? I don't know. I'm mostly happy we got a full chp of Hime.
Yeah I actually kinda feel the same way. I really love this Manga and Kanako is my favorite character but this chapter is kinda underwhelming. Not entirely sure how to feel about it. Part of it is just designed to reignite the status quo and put hime and kanako on less awkward terms and Kanako feels like she can be a little more honest with Hime now. But still feels like she has to hide things from Hime, but if they're both chasing after each other instead of completely repressing those thoughts, those hidden thoughts won't tear apart their relationship. Maybe after a few more chapters if their dynamic actually changes or maybe after a volume re-read I'll feel more positive about this chapter.

I think Hime knows, it would be a grate way to close the Kanoko arc by Hime just saying that she knows and she doesn't have to be like this around her and what not. Also I see so many ppl angry bout the slow pace the mangaka is giving to this arc but I actualy really like this slower style since it gives a better understanding of why Kanoko acts the way she does and why she is so afraid to move a peace. Thanks for the translation and happy holidays everyone!!

MD@Home
Really don't think one could call these relationships "deeper and more complex than the majority of series"- that just is disingenuous and factually wrong. Kanoko inherently is a pretty shallow character, her whole existence is angst because of lesbian feelings for hime.. That is it. She did not develop or grow or deepen. There was nothing more to her. We just now went full circle these past chapters with two slight additions; she is a bit more confident and absolutely annoying in being that repetitive. Sumika on the other hand is a splendid character that could be described as complex and deep, I guess.

Also, that is a whole arc pretty much wasted. I learned nothing apart from: holy shit is Kanoko one annoying and infinitely selfish piece of s! That alone makes this just not deeper and more complex than MANY (majority..) other great series out there- it most certainly can not be masterful with a whole arc wasted...
I mean, the arc wasn't wasted cause it resolve Sumika and Nene's arc. On it way to resolve Sumika and Kanoko's relationship, Sumika growth as a character, same with giving Nene's story a closure.

The reason, I'm spitballing here, why the author won't let her confessed because we already see Hime's reaction to Yano confessing to her, so if they do it, it gonna be a repeat of the ending of that (with even a bigger shock for Hime because she believe that Kanoko never hide anything from her), and the triangle relationship between Hime/Yano/Kanoko, which I'm sure is the end game of this manga so that gonna be it own storyline after we resolve the relationship of Sumika and Kanoko.

They go slow i think because they don't want it to get too messy, imagine a storyline where they have to juggle the triagle relationship + Sumika's feeling for Kanoko + Nene watching the whole thing happen, that would be an even bigger mess.

Like, I understand people have their ship that they want to see progress, but I like that the author still working on cleaning up all the plot thread and storyline they lay out. People can hate a character and it's fine, but Yano whole existence is also angst because lesbian feelings for Hime, and she been holding to that angst even longer than Kanoko. and Kanoko was teached to be this selfish by Hime, the most selfish character of this whole series (regarding relationship) so you can't even put that on Kanoko.

Users who are viewing this thread