Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu!

Dex-chan lover
This manga has really good Drama.
Not so much for comedy part.

Not entirely sure what stopped people translating it when it's available on Yurihime magz.

Dex-chan lover
Didn’t someone just post two chapters lol

Hit me up 👀

Group Leader
This is a licensed manga, prolly why all the new chapter got deleted.

Double-page supporter
The thirteen posted chapters weren't even some old pre-license translation, they were straight up scans of the official Kodansha Comics release and would have gotten the website DCMA'd in no time.

The uploader first tried to upload them as translations belonging to a scanlation group, then tried to re-upload them again as an "ex-license". Just so we're clear, this is a still ongoing series it's been Kodansha's flagship yuri release for some time now and English volume releases are very close in time frame to Japanese ones. No way in hell is this an "ex-license".

Power Uploader
The chapters posted (and removed) are from the official translation, which is not allowed.
The manga being licensed is not a problem, the source of translation is.
@Ashabel I thought it was a honest mistake from someone not familiar with the site. So the uploader knew what they were doing and trying to disguise the chapters under "ex-license" label? I say it's worthy of a ban if that's the case. Shit like that can cause real troubles. I still remember the colored Boruto incident.

Double-page supporter
@youdontknowwho I won't be making any guesses regarding the uploader's intentions. I did check their profile and this was far from their first upload, so presumably they knew what they were doing. What I can tell you is that the chapters were first uploaded with J2 Translations listed as a group, deleted on account of being reported, then almost immediately reuploaded but now with the group marked as "Kodansha (Ex-Licenses)". Judge that behavior as you will.

For those who enjoyed the chapters, I honestly recommend that you just check out the official release. It's been around for a while, can be found on most digital manga stores (I personally get it from BookWalker) and is remarkably high quality. They even include a glossary of all the major slang and terms pertaining to the yuri genre, if only because Yuri Is My Job is unusual in that characters in it are familiar with yuri as a genre and make a living by running a cafe themed after Maria-sama ga Miiteru,

Dex-chan lover
@Hobnobs
Not really, it is a slice of life drama. (considering it was only fan translated up to 2 chapter its obvious people would be mocking this)
Just you know the case was similar to Bloom Into You.

The story is a build-up towards the MC. The early chapter looks boring (until the ending of volume one) but I swore that after volume 5, this manga had the best Blush I've ever seen including the tension between dramas.

There is reason why you shouldn't judge very early in a slow-paced story.

Aggregator gang
@Xaelath I read up to the point where
the MC reconciles with her elementary school classmate.
Yeah she still has trauma but it wouldn't be a bad time to end it there. After that arc it looks like the story is going to deal with her
obsessive stalker-esque friend
After that point if it's still ongoing then it seems like it's just going to manufacture drama just to keep pumping out chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@Hobnobs
That's why sometimes if you can't stomach yuri drama, you do better find the one with just fluff with minimal drama such as Whispering you into a Love song.

This manga awkwardly ran towards Drama despite having fluffy Art.

Try reading more, I found the story much amusing than any Yuri I read though, I can't deny this Cave de Liebe sounds dumb as hell on the first volume
Later
We'll get an explanation about them being closer than just being best friends after the past event that caused both to break up

Heavy spoiler below if you do not plan to read further
In Volume 3 the story explains Kanoko Mamiya's background and her reasoning for being the only one that Hime needs while she was keeping her feelings for Her all this time. Volume 3 will mix between her and Hime + upcoming Election events.

In volume 4 we got Sumika Background following her seeing Kanoko and Ayano trying to bring "Love" into the cafe. Her reasoning was they may end up breaking down (because of one-sided love) and quitting the job (that she tries to avoid in the past).
Later after she pushed Kanoko to not bringing her personal issues to Cafe. She eventually feels strong sympathy following Kanoko opening her hearts to her. Now Sumika also wanted how it feels to fall in love (Which likely being Kanoko)
In the next few chapters, we got Sumika asking Kanoko to become Schwestern (Sisters).

In volume 5 we finally return to Hime and Ayano story where drama towards finale begins. It starts where their Birthday events in the cafe. Later Hime gave a special "something" to each person and that person was Ayanokouji and Kanoko.
Ayano still feels guilty about her past with Hime.
Kanoko noticed Ayano's feelings for Hime as Hime herself acting differently around Ayano.
Hime now having feelings towards Ayano although she doesn't fully realize it yet.
With this a "Love Triangle" begin, do mention before calling it garbage, something like Yagate is also a love triangle between Sayaka, Yuu, and Touko. Their case is awkwardly similar.
The gift that Hime give during the birthday events now being called back to back because Ayano rejected Hime calling her personality was just a disguise.
Ayano though Hime has other Motive for getting closer to her.

Volume 6-7 even more HEAVY SPOILERS (Not released yet in english) DO NOT READ OR OPEN IT UNLESS YOU JUST HAPPEN TO DROP IT AND HAVE NO REASON TO PICK IT UP
I don't remember what happened as I don't own some part of raws but it seems Ayano fell sick after the event's of rejection (considering it was raining)
To put it simply following the event above, Hime finally made up her mind that she isn't going to lie anymore and worked up for a confession (Her monologue was "if she can't get through her she will give up on her").
She paid a visit to Ayano and talked about her Motive that there wasn't one.
Ayano herself feels she didn't deserve it(being her number one and she wasn't doing the right thing as her Sister) and she denied herself that she wasn't a kind person.
Then Hime literally confessed there while reading a really tear-jerking letter about her Happy life for staying beside her in Cafe de Liebe.
After making up they talked about Liking each other and mutually having no motive over the past events. (But Ayano haven't answered Hime confessions yet at least PROPERLY)
Yet, when Hime about to leave, Hime talked about liking, and Ayano replied that she also liked Hime in the same way then Kissed her.

From there, more Drama will happen as Ayano wasn't properly replying to Hime's confession.
Here Ayano acting soo happy in Cafe while Hime feels timid as her feeling wasn't properly replied.
Then Hime quit Liebe which shocked everyone. They brought Ayano into the matter,
Hime's best friend which is Kanoko talked to Ayano about Hime acting out of place as Hime tends to be Happy go Lucky or use a fad to cover her face.
Moments later Ayano told Kanoko that Hime confessed to her. She was confused about why she quite Liebe and where did she do wrong and that was because Ayano hasn't fully answer Hime's feelings.
Ayano also told Kanoko that she also got that One Special Gift from Hime then she got slapped by Kanoko for not getting it right after all this event's and hurting Hime in the process (do mention Kanoko still has a feeling towards Hime).

The next chapter was about Ayano working up the courage to answer Hime confession which is the latest raw.

dVCMJ7p.png
The manga was long because it has like 2/3 of it being a serious drama, 1/3 being extras, and Cafe de Nonsense.
It seems going to end in volume 7/8.

Aggregator gang
do mention before calling it garbage, something like Yagate is also a love triangle between Sayaka, Yuu, and Touko. Their case is awkwardly similar.

Ugh, that's exactly why I actually stopped reading Yagate.
I don't like having to sit through knowing that one character is fated to get burned hard, some stories can actually succeed in this by having one of the characters develop & find someone else they cherish instead but most of the time if it isn't some cop-out harem end, 1 character is just going to get burned by the author which only exists solely to add a bit o' drama. Seriously, how many Japanese romance genre stories are there where they introduce the MC, their love interest and childhood friend and here comes new girl™ let's have a love triangle hurr durr and best girl always loses.

Users who are viewing this thread