Watashitachi wa Moto Joshi desu - Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
They probably wanted to show that, as a man, she began to be intensely attracted to women because of the “features of the male brain.” Well, SCIENCE! and so on.
The flashback on page 18 shows that Senpai was attracted to women before their sex change disorder. I think the point is to show that Senpai has an intense and undeserved shame coupled with their dysphoria and sexuality.

Wow, that's crazy

comment-your-best-limbus-company-reaction-images-gifs-v0-tc7x9lxmpntc1.png

Dex-chan lover
Multiple comments expecting conflict, but after a scientific chapter everyone was cool so far. That gives me hope, even if people engage with trolls later.

The realism about hormones grounded some things that were unclear about the scenario. From this point, there's much less allegories people can read into Miho's identity because the story is a personal journey in a large and well-realized world. Basically ours, with many decisions, traumas, and body horrors validated.

Usually it's a bad move to delay explaining parts of a premise that are common knowledge, but this is a case where it turned out really clever. The author artificially pumped up the confusion and discomfort in early chapters in a way that felt unique and broadly relatable. Explaining the science of short-term treatment straight up would have been a relief for the reader by giving Miho a place in the process, now we know Miho well enough to see the explanation only moderately helped.

Double-page supporter
They were already shown in one of the previous chapters. Also they turn heat of the shower up to 11, so it's likely self-inflicted because remember, sex drive is evil, and men have a sex drive, therefore men are evil, or whatever dumb-ass point is this manga trying to make
TBH I don't think that the manga is trying to say male sex drive is bad, just that senpai doesn't have a healthy view of sexuality on account of always being attracted to women even when they were biologically female. It seems like they've generalized the idea "same-gender attraction = bad" into "sex = bad" while having normal teenage sexual thoughts.

Also, those scars are in a really awkward place to self-harm at. How can you get straight-line cuts across your back? And I can't really think of any way to get those round scars on senpai's upper back outside of acne scarring or physical abuse (or weird science experiments, but I doubt that's gonna be a part of this story.)

Fed-Kun's army
Now I know what the mental process of a diehard yuri fanboy looks like when he finally admits that he is a male.
I know it's a joke but the fact that he was into girls before the gender swap makes that whole fantasy sequence really complex imo!

Dex-chan lover
I know it's a joke but the fact that he was into girls before the gender swap makes that whole fantasy sequence really complex imo!
Well, it's really difficult to decide on your sexuality when you haven't decided on your gender yet.

Dex-chan lover
Cool chapter. Will be funny to see the hijinks Minorin gets into when they go to that party. Would be fucking hilarious if he starts fetishizing all the girls at the party LOL. Imagine if he gets a hard on and the jig is exposed to everyone. Can't wait.

Dex-chan lover
The flashback on page 18 shows that Senpai was attracted to women before their sex change disorder. I think the point is to show that Senpai has an intense and undeserved shame coupled with their dysphoria and sexuality.
Including. But yeah, I wrote this before I figured out the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Do find it funny that after this bomb of a chapter people are just talking about heat and fainting in the bath lol.

On the chapter I liked that start and how it showed the supportiveness of the doctors and how they want to monitor first and help with the decision.

On that last bit wow. I hope they didn't actually rape anyone and that they just thought they did as if they did then they are the villain then lol.

Fed-Kun's army
Do find it funny that after this bomb of a chapter people are just talking about heat and fainting in the bath lol.

On the chapter I liked that start and how it showed the supportiveness of the doctors and how they want to monitor first and help with the decision.

On that last bit wow. I hope they didn't actually rape anyone and that they just thought they did as if they did then they are the villain then lol.
Oh no, it really sounded like Senpai just equates fantasizing about a crush to assault. I assume it's due to their shame over same-sex attraction when they were still female, which has grown into shame over sexuality in general.

Dex-chan lover
I've never gotten light headed in a bath or sauna in my life but according to manga it's a daily occurrence for Japanese peeps.
Low blood pressure and also it gets really hot in Japanese showers and baths since they can usually choose to determine how hot something gets.

Dex-chan lover
Nice, I think this chapter addressed a lot of the concerns around the science portrayed in the manga. It still feels a bit like they are conflating hormone therapy with GAS, as if the former entails the latter, which is a bit strange, but otherwise this chapter seemed to deconstruct the typical gender essentialism common to gender bender manga. Feeling pretty optimistic about this manga again. Excited to see where it goes.

They probably wanted to show that, as a man, she began to be intensely attracted to women because of the “features of the male brain.” Well, SCIENCE! and so on.
i think that it's pretty explicitly showing that he was attracted to women even before the genderswap disorder. also brain gender doesn't exist lol

Dex-chan lover

bruh.​

you gotta use cold water to rinse that shit otherwise it'll coagulate and take forever to wash off :kek:

Dex-chan lover
So I'm guessing senpai was born female and liked girls which she viewed as wrong due to internal homophobia. But when they had the gender change they had the mind set that them liking girls is normal so they didn't seek help and push the thought of being a girl deep down. But now he seems to not like himself as a man but still trying to portray as being a "normal" male to feel normal even though inside they are suffering.

Users who are viewing this thread