We Shall Now Begin Ethics - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Necktie and Me

Dex-chan lover
Wait..... He rejected his top fans gyaru student because he is a widower who is sick of having another marriage. And suddenly, BAM !! his past life but not directly telling the cause of his problem. But the next chapter is back to present with new students ?

I want more about his relationship with Kikukawa (his ex-wife)

I don't think, "but isn't Japan a conservative country?" is a good excuse. There's this "genderless fashion" in Japan which is not that weird if the author wants to raise the issue up (besides the LGBTQ+ stuff). The country is progressing... slowly though.

Back to the story, somehow at least (I'm hoping) Aizawa will reappear again (even though she said she had enough of it).

Dex-chan lover
I think many of you miss the point, it's not mainly about the LGBTQQQQ whatever, it's about the rule of society and how being "different" doesn't mean you have the right to broke the rule, indeed you can break the rule, be different, be the special snowflake, but then that does not mean people will tolerate or accept it unless you do something about it, even small things like petition and finding like-minded people to have your voice heard.

Even then when you try to change the rule, it still does not mean that you have the right to break the pre-established rule and make it inconvenient for everyone else, one must adapt and make or change the rule into the one that where the people are not harmed or at loss due to the new rule that you make, something that many did not think about when they make some sort of movement or protest, and thus many movements or protest are doomed to fail because, in the end, most of the movement is not really about benefiting society in general, but more about benefiting those that are involved in the movement itself.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk

Double-page supporter
i came in here to say trans rights. fuck gender indeed, amen.

MD@Home
Every time Takayanagi says "we shall now begin ethics", he's being so cool I always imagine a huge random explosion behind him. It's hilarious. XD

Fed-Kun's army
@Akikako careful how you phrase that, lest you be accused of discrimination...

Discrimination is now one of those things not accepted within the so-called polite society, and much as this chapter presents, disagreeing with society's rules does not mean you can freely ignore them.

If you notice closely..some of the girls are wearing neckties and one of the other guys isn't wearing one.

The petition was a success?

Fed-Kun's army
I like the fact that this manga will be cycling through students a lot. It captures that feeling of transience this manga specializes in really well.

Also, I hope that this arc with the crossdressing kid doesn't simply coddle him and enable his issue, and knows how to distinguish between fetish and mental illness. Given that this is a Japanese production and not a Western one, however, I think it'll probably be fine. It's not uncommon to see homosexuality used as merely a device for exploring social abnormality in anime and manga, so it'll probably just end up being that.

Fed-Kun's army
@MagicTime
Perhaps "fetish" wouldn't have been the best word, since it implies something of a strictly sexual nature, but the kid undoubtedly has an interest (likely begotten of his shitty relationship with his father) in appearing like a woman to others as a result of some internal complex that is not a part of his personality in a fundamental sense.

...wew, I was sure we were close to the ending and we would have like a conclusion chapter, volume or something. I really liked this development. Now we'll meet again at the time of ethics.

Dex-chan lover
wow here we go again. although i hope we haven't heard the last of aizawa. i'd hate for our last moments of our cheerful puppy-thot was of her crying her eyes out.

Whew I miss the old class but I am glad to see this story is still going!

Users who are viewing this thread