We Shall Now Begin Ethics - Vol. 8 Ch. 37 - My Friends Are Always There

Dex-chan lover
Pretty light hearted and charming chapter. Nice read. Thanks for translating it.

And got a chuckle out of me, it seems like the girl has a good grasp on ethics despite finding the books a hard read, haha... I mean, she's self aware, she understands the problem is not HER but simply a condition of her surroundings, she does her best to fit in as much as she can without rejecting her self, and since she has had problems due to being too close to teachers in the past, she tries to avoid it, and this is the important bit, with honesty and respect towards the teacher. And thankfully said teacher is Taka, so he fully understands.

Is this a flashback sequence or the next school the sensei moved on to ?
This is a new school.

As someone who couldn't control the volume of my voice whenever I was excited about something, I can really relate with Hirea.
I'm also very interested what will happen to her during this arc.
Between how this manga seems to go, how the past students were adressed and interacted with, but not exactly had a closed arc, and with what I said up above, I wouldn't hold my breath. We've had people who had more troublesome situations than her that didn't have an arc as much as chapters with them reflecting on their situation. Given how she is fine and doing fine? I think that might've just been it.

Dex-chan lover
This may be just me but the vibes of this new class seem very on edge compared to the others.

I guess it’s because just 1 student bothered to speak.

Also: “if you don’t know, then shut up…”, “if you already know, then shut up.” There’s no winning lol

Fed-Kun's army
A interesting school, to say at least - Seems the teachers developed a 'head down, don't cause a scene' kind of atmosphere and let the school kids do their own thing while they run down the topic on their classes, whenever the kids are willing to learn or not. And likely most go with the latter, as mentioned at the end of the chapter that a lot need to attend cram school.

Makes me wonder whenever it was caused by a incident or that the headmaster has pushed for such a policy.
After all, if the class falls through the tests, it was not due to the teacher their lessons - It was because the schoolkids did not pay attention.

Users who are viewing this thread