Website is slow

@Lepper Thank you. I was reading @90bear's replies and was like what the hell is this guy even talking about.

But yeh, I had a feeling that the servers were essentially getting slammed really flippin' hard. Usually the images loading weren't that bad, but today, and especially tonight, had been especially bad. Thankfully I have the time and patience to just wait it out or do something different in the mean time. Though I shoulda figured that a Friday night would get hit pretty good xD

Dex-chan lover
I can confirm that this website is slow AF in the USA. (Both the site itself, and the images)

Trying to country hop with a VPN isn't a viable solution as I need to browse other sites at the same time that are restricted to this region.

I've given up reading manga here and started looking for them elsewhere. It's no good when I can read 10+ chapters on another site in less time than it takes to load 3 pages here. It's really sad that it has come to this because I would much rather be reading here.

using vpn makes site perform well, so don't think it's load. suspect issue might be related to ddos protection throttling connection to certain regions.

Double-page supporter
@90bear Absolutely none of your advice is relevant or correct when it comes to dealing with mangadex being slow on their end, It's the entire site and the only one anyone including myself is having problems with.

If it was a windows problem we would be having troubles with other sites as well.

Well 5 min in that way, thats sad, i cant read a ...
yktDSIk.png

@sebee1 I use nordvpn. I've played with setting it to servers from a few different regions, and the hongkong ones make the site work as if there's nothing wrong at all.

me too, both phone and laptop, nothing works! are they on maintenance again? its been a few days

Dex-chan lover
Desktop PC user here, it's been slower for certain series, and others it works fine, for a while of course before it catches up to the delay.
Mostly for the newer series, like that one about the elves and their village getting destroyed, which should load really fast due to each part being at most two pages.
Unless we're getting people loading stuff in excessively high resolutions, or the servers are being bombarded more than they can keep up with.
It's more than likely the second, as with many online service during this current period of time, but I try to see if there might be another cause to it as well.

As an aside, has Linux have a recent revival or something, I've been hearing it a lot more frequently this past week than I have for years.
Also, can anyone translate what 90bear said into English?

Dex-chan lover
What just changed in the past day or two? Before the pages were painfully slow to load, but the site itself was fine. Now even loading this forum thread took a long time.
I hope this can be fixed soon. I've got a backlog of chapters building up because it just takes so long to read anything that I can't keep up with all the series I follow. It takes as long to read one chapter as it used to take to read a volume.

Dex-chan lover
Same here. Forget images taking a million years to load, even the rest of the site is really slow now. It took a minute just to load the forums trying to post this.

Enjoying the retro image quality filter the site has had recently.
fR8fNUN.png

Can we petition for this to be a toggleable feature?

It’s not even loading for me, I just keep getting failed to load messages for each panel 😢

Contributor
@Kzcle
That would be a great contest: Guess the manga from these pixelated pages! /But seriously, which series is that in your post?

Group Leader
I go to load a page, then flip to work on something else for a minute. Sometimes the new page is loaded when I get back, sometimes not.

Not only that, but the control that used to be at the bottom of the page for selecting other pages and for showing the preload status of later pages is no longer there.

Users who are viewing this thread