Website is slow

Miku best girl
Admin
@rpapo

screenshot the control that's no longer there?

try clearing your cache to see if it fixes it,

these day i still using Hsdpa+ or in my country known as H+.
not 4G 😆 be gratteful if u can use 4G

Group Leader
@Holo - Clearing the browser cache restored the control. And at the moment, the site is responding decently.

@Holo
I fear that we will continue to be in situation for a while and you have addressed the why it is happening, but no solutions has been given. Has there been any talks to fix it such as the below:

1. Optimize performance
Earlier we saw how overwhelming traffic cause overwhelming database requests. So part of your strategy should be identifying heavy database requests and then limiting the number, size, and complexity of those requests. There are many ways to build performance into your website. Some ideas include:

Use a content distribution network (CDN), which responds to browser requests for your static pages, like your Contact Us or Privacy Policy pages, freeing up your servers to focus on dynamic content, like your checkout pages.
Compress images and upload them at their intended display size. Use lazy loading to load media on demand, rather than all at once. According to Google, visitors perceive sites that load this way as faster, even if the actual load times are comparatively slow.
Minimize the use of plugins where possible. They can quickly become out of date, and may not always maintain compatibility with your CMS or ecommerce platform.

2. Downgrade the user experience
If you’re expecting a surge in online traffic, you can identify processes on your website that aren’t critical and either temporarily remove them or scale them back.

For example, in lieu of an advanced, CPU-heavy search function, you can use a simpler search function in order to free up the database for business-critical purposes.

Just as others stated, can barely read much, website is consistently slow. Guess we just have to wait and be patient.

Having the same problem, clearing cache and trying other browsers does not work. Takes minutes to load a single page both desktop and mobile.

Double-page supporter
Same here as well. Wasn't there some new server biz announcement a few days ago that's supposed to take effect this week?

either way it's understandable the issue but man does it suck

@Admins is there a specific time when server load is lowest? My reading method is to download off the site using FMD and then import it into a Komga server running in a Docker container and then read through Tachiyomi connected to my own server. I normally download from 5am to 10am UTC @ 1req/30s from the NA/EU Servers (although I don't download much so usually it's done before 6:00am UTC). Is there a "best time" to do this to reduce peak load for y'all?

Just adding my two cent for whatever is worth. If you know the name of the scalation team that is uploading the manga you want to read, chances are they have a website where they upload the chapters too, so try to read them there. If many people do this, the overload issue should be alleviated a little, I hope.

Im also having the same issue, its only downloading at rate of 25-50kB/sec.

yesterday it was kinda fine, around 300-600kB/sec (it still feels really slow)

using a VPN did fixed it though (peaking to 15-20mB/sec). as usual here us in SEA really get the end of the stick.

It seems like there's at least two issues going on.

One is the images being slow to download.

The other one seems to be something with the JavaScript interface. For some reason, even when images have been downloaded, switching between pages takes forever.

I'm not a front-end dev, so I'm pretty much useless to troubleshoot it. Any JavaScript gurus have ideas?

I might die without reading.

My brain keeps searching for anything to read, even a book!

@nickandnacks You could always find a site with translated light novels. People are always commenting in the comments that the light novels are better than the manga.

Miku best girl
Admin
Javascript issues may be resolved by clearing cache.

Website is so slow it's not really usable

Edit: I mean the loading of manga pages, website in itself is alright.

Yeah when it takes like an hour just to read a chapter, you might as well shut the whole site down til you can get it fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread