Welcome to the site! (MangaRock refugee thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
3. Does MangaDex have more content than other aggregators?
MangaDex is pro-scanlator. This means that while scan groups are free to upload their content to their site, they are also free to remove it. For this reason, you may not find certain series if the group has chosen to not upload to the site.

the only reason why I still prefer MR

Dex-chan lover
about the crappy app of manga-c0ck , i heard that they dare to charge 100 $ daily from innocent people so they can read stolen manga on manga-c0ck app . the stolen manga-s that are available everywhere for free . the nerve of some people .

the meme page below is from this comic , lol : https://www.amazon.com/Superior-Iron-Man-Vol-Infamous/dp/0785192492/

https://----[! URL is only accessible to you. !]----/t7oAArV143h8y894nc0sDWSbczsHrJBuEmcWUDDTGSTHV5_tu8RucRgdNukeetoxT41eK8r9zI1YG2TLIcsIB9SBRTsBeRABNzq57PT0jrgV84-XscnAVstsMZpO3oBFhtJIqVvB6vcdYe3jctm3OSDhBGjxyP3-ykDQXCzcGpM4mRvLLyaiVzcez0XjofjZ1vuYcYIEOAu3seFhOSE1KigavPDyBrUjjxNVJg8DR3OvQVsSDZSpJ3y0p4ldW3rracQb-xdvkRCHEuiS1q7Q2m3DOAwO-yUJ_iaN5g2VlimOsDplXQVstpJswi49z6Aox6-CSG97k-HD_OJcu3OlRq99DFNnObbeJJfa74zU0s2E9709k3gov9lm0uoU55YAm1ij2y_F817wG4P0if6I9RenS0nUfx_q8rt0Sr32kLZTwTqCPaoD4BYGGFoWs6P_NbsDph9w-FsWliOv7Sbjggct75UARDsftfKok4vH9VWnL0wEaajI9uIQ-ZGrIn1XSzjL0irJOHRIp86iQKsYmln0Rpygi9T5JIaKxonBTNQ8Li-NyfNFtTbXi5Fee3Ffcaon7eaBvYG08DiQoYC9skZt1ikGvcqcO3nvt_4I512bjlC5fq2p0CcEKoMRkGC-AhZGoXyKoG8f11rEJOe2WXguwQKm3Ell4pv2BDikGlNomYIZpnN0ZQA=w1395-h885-no

For some reason I used this site on my phone and then Manga Rock on my iPad, and now it seems to be all coming together. Thanks for having me, and thank you so much for working hard on giving us manga to read!

Group Leader
fool, "heard" about something but don't want to clarify it? at least don't be fooled like that smh

edit: and they are still up. what kind of fake news is this?

Group Leader
@plykiya I didn’t realize that Safari had a 500MB storage limit (I assumed it was too small for caching manga chapters) but there are still some limitations, such as the fact that the web app needs to be running to cache chapters (no grabbing the latest followed chapters in the background so that the web app works when the user pulls their phone out in the subway), and you can’t tell the difference between a wifi and cellular connection, possibly causing a user to blow past their data cap by downloading chapters that the user may not read over their cellular connection rather than only updating when they’re on wifi.

As far as I know, the only way to do that with a web app is to wrap the web app in an application shell so that you can write native code to handle the device integration that isn’t exposed to the browser. At which point, from the user’s perspective, you’ve got a proper app and not a web app.

@Guspaz Actually, web apps are a lot more advanced than you think:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/NetworkInformation/type

It's also possible to pre-cache things, you could even use a service worker to have seamless perfect caching running in the background, even if the website isn't open:

https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/primers/service-workers/

https://developers.google.com/web/ilt/pwa/caching-files-with-service-worker

Welcome to the future. It ain't 1995 anymore.

Dex-chan lover
lol yall have to go back and favorite all your favorites again by scratch that sounds like one major pain in the ass glad we had support for the bato.to exodus.

@Accelerator48 @Guspaz
Tachiyomi on Android has an extension for MD
ic_launcher.png

Also, sorry @sanjaylord, didn't read you ^^'

Fed-Kun's army
I'm sad to see MR go, but I what makes me even sadder is to know that I'll have to transfer my 170+ favorites one by one! 😭

Dex-chan lover
Welcome one and all. Hopefully we get along. If not, that's fine too, I guess. So long as we're polite about it.

I’ll just clarify that Mangarock is only going to be removed from the App Store, (or any official downloading application), and will actually still be functioning normally. So if you delete the app, you can still redownload it through the cloud, but people who have never downloaded it before won’t be able to download it ever.

And yes, your manga series and downloaded series will be kept intact, and updated till the end as long as the app still has support.

PM me if you want the link/s to their announcement about this, and their (MR creation story cause why not).

Heads up for those migrating their manga lists from MangaRock to MangaDex:

I was going through my Favorites list on MangaRock one at a time to see if they were on MangaDex. After I finished, I remembered a couple of series that didn't show up on my list. It turns out that some series have already begun do disappear from MangaRock, and they won't show up on your favorites if they got purged/errored out already. So be careful and try to remember what you were following carefully.

Dex-chan lover
Guys, I need suggestions about rss readers you guys use please? For Pc and Mobile... I got feeder.ico, is there another Better?

Thanks!

Fed-Kun's army
I love how I was only just a few weeks ago complaining in the support thread about Mangadex getting dmca'd off the front page of google, but how other websites like Mangarock remain. Ironic.

But seriously, does anyone know specifically what has killed them? As Plykiya said earlier it seems that they got called out on twitter for their admittedly dodgy practices towards the Manga industry, but considering how Mangarock has been operating over the years I find it hard to believe that they have suddenly had such a change of heart and decided to go legit for the good of the industry. Has someone finally taken substantial legal action against them or is it something else?

Group Leader
@eins Yes, absolutely. That's why Mangadex doesn't want to release an app
@P3n6m4t1x Highly likely there is undiclosed legal meddling between MR and the publishers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread