What are the most savage/neurotic songs by your favorite bands?

Fed-Kun's army
What songs or albums by your favorite bands are the most (uncharacteristically) savage and neurotic? Some examples are Daisy by Brand New, The Wall by Pink Floyd, Everybody Is Going To Heaven by Citizen, Home Like Noplace Is There by The Hotelier, and In Utero by Nirvana. I'm looking for the musical equivalent of the quiet kid losing his shit in class. Thanks for your submissions.

Dex-chan lover
Technically, "I'm going slightly mad" by Queen is the most literal example.

"I am the Walrus" by the Beatles if you want a more casual insanity.

"21st Century Schzoid Man" by King Crimson, "Manic Depression," "Voodoo Child," and "Freedom" by Jimi Hendrix have similar vibes though not lyrics, and "Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne for obvious reasons

Basically half of Iron Maiden's track record, especially Seventh Son of A Seventh Son, Killers, and Brave New World as albums and "Still Life, "Number of the Beast, and"Back in the Village"

Ironically, "Sea of Madness" isn't as crazy-soundings as you'd think.

Also, I'm assuming you mean "The Wall" as an Album, in which case I'd recommend "When the Tigers Broke Free" because it feels like a song that should have been on it @Nick_Asano

Dex-chan lover
RHCP-Frusciante is already a different artist than Solo-Frusciante but Almost-Die-From-Drugs-Frusciante is definitely the most out there of him as seen in his album Smile From the Street You Hold.
I'm so happy he survived that, his Solo-Discogs are different than each other and it really fun to see how much he progress as musician.
His Early-2000's Era is my favorite and his 2004 Era where he made lots of albums and projects is amazing too, especially when he does that together with Josh Klinghoffer

Group Leader
I saw "savage/neurotic" and was just going to recommend Death Grips wholesale, but tbh pretty much their entire discography is like that so it wouldn't qualify as uncharacteristic or a departure from the norm. Idk how important that is to these recommendations. Maybe try the songs Blood Creepin or Full Moon (Death Classic) as a couple that come mind.

I'm with you on Daisy, though. Great album. Love Brand New.

Users who are viewing this thread