What kind of manga do you like?

Fed-Kun's army
Gimme dat ACTION! and Horror and Adventure and War/Martial Arts!
But most of all, gimme some well-written plot and interaction between the characters.
So I guess that means Psychological and Tragedy. Don't forget Historical! That's a kicker.
If it was really good, I could even try to read Josei, although I've never seen a reason to.

Dont have any preference tbh, i just read the pilot chapter and see if its going to "click" with me.

Everthing, as long as it's not Yaoi/ Yuri/Hentai/Adult/Ecchi/Isekai

But for my personal references, as I grew older (now in the mid-20s). My taste can change depending on the mood.

I really love seinen.
Especially :
1) Historical (whether it is fiction or non-fiction), for example : Napoleon, Vagabond, Imuri etc.
2) Something that inspires/self-reflection/realistic/heavy stuff, for example : Yomawari Sensei, 3-gatsu no Lion etc
3) Something light with slice of life, for example : Yotsuba, Azumanga Dioh etc.

Then josei, shounen, romance, fantasy and many more.
I'm good as long as it is not cheap, trash story, childish.
I can't really explain it because each series presents different vibes. Sometimes I feel comfortable, interested, curious, and so on.

I give a chance to read it, if I think is good then it's good and bad is bad. Simple as that. I'm quite observant but not elite myself. I'm just enjoy which is interesting and has amazing story.

I really like the normal, adventure and action stuff, and sometimes I dig romance (like Horimiya) as well.
Smart or awesome main characters are way better than the dense and stupid ones.

blood/ecchi/murder/weird manga (for example dead tube) is very nais to btw

Got hooked to romance manga recently

I also like hentai for other reasons

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
I personally prefer romantic comedies with a slight element of seriousness to them.

josei, romance, comedy with a sprinkle of drama?
and i love a sadistic male lead

Dex-chan lover
I think my favorite ones are the ones when the Mc starts weak as fuck. Complete beta mode. No girls no alpha pure trash Mc.

Then the Mc finds something he wants to do, anything fucking sports or martial arts w. E. The fuck Mc wants to do.

As the Mc develops his character over a period of time he gains confidence and friends along the way. Of course that one girl that has been watching over the Mc all this time falls for the Mc and then boom party time.

They start a relationship while both continue to progress in whatever it is they do.

Of course they fuck, the fuck u think I am?

Group Leader
Probably a bit of a niche, but something like fairy tales. Simple but flavorful dialogues, nice worldbuilding, some character developments and the bittersweet resolutions, those are always nice together. Stuff like SSR, Totsukuni, Kuro (the cat one), Kuro (the coffin-carrying one), Samenai Machi and others.

Oh, and wholesome stuff, like Obaa-chan to Game, My Girl, Sumikko no Sora-san and obviously Yotsuba.

Group Leader
Generally, I like all genres of manga. Of course, there will always be some manga in each genre I won't like, but generally I try to keep an open mind.

I usually enjoy fantasy manga and recently I've been reading https://mangazuki.me/brawling-go/ It's not exactly a manga but a manhwa. Pretty good story tho. I like manga similar to that TBH

Mostly Rom-com and Slice-of-life. Preferably paired up together. Setting is usually school life. More recently(since bato.to died), I have started reading fantasy/isekai with decent character development or world building.
Absolutely nothing with the main theme of terror, mystery, cross-dressing, or yaoi. Gender bender is OK as long as it is somewhat serious, or permanent. Kokoro connect for instance, or isekai where the MC is reincarnated as the other gender.
I enjoy moe yuri from time to time as well, but its not easy to get a decent story with that. Happy Sugar Life does a decent job at that (No terror here, just two happy girls who will do anything for each-other).
Examples of what I like can be found in my user-profile.

Users who are viewing this thread