What you need to know about the recent MangaDex data breach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
heres to hoping nothing happens and a RIP to god only knows how many cookies i havent deleted in so long

Contributor
Some hackers are sad pathetic small pp.
Targeting what is basically a hobby site.
Lame AF.

Go hack some sjw, financial, social, government, evil corp. Not MD.

Dex-chan lover
I shall join the "Thank you for your hard work and clarity" crowd. *thumbsup

what a weird hacker yelling "HOMBREEE" and "Bow Before Me, I am the Eternal Master!" if anything he probably is chunni

if it ain't one thing, it's another with this site...
only thing they could of got from me was a password i'm no longer using anywhere, comments that where public anyway and my email address.

All I could think about when I heard md had been hacked was how bad I feel for the mangadex team. You guys have been working so hard to accommodate all new users, orphans from sites that got taken down... and then this :') Proud of you guys!

Thank you for the announcement and quick actions to fix this and prevent this from happening.

I have a question only:

the hacker was able to use the session codes stored in the db when you hit "remember me" to bypass any password and 2FA requirements, as these are stored for a couple of months

I don't have any developer skills or in knowledge however, is this (sessions codes stored for a few months) something normal? I though that by anyone using 2FA, only they would be able to access an account on any website. Only other thing I could think of is using the same session_id/cookie saved locally on the web browser if there is any.

Don't shoot me if I said something dumb though. Just trying to understand more.

What a piece of shit , okay i will change passwords and etc , if you need money you guys should put adds on to avoid this again.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread