What you need to know about the recent MangaDex data breach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@sterven
I checked and, the last ""important"" email I received was from 4 months ago, so it's not really important.

@Plykiya also when are you going to send mass emails to inform people of this breach ?
most of the daily users already know but the others don't, especially since their emails are going to be leaked.
at least as a temporary solution you should replace the ad banner with a big RED banner telling people to change their password and to expect email spams.
i had to give instructions to the people i know all day to change their passwords and various things just to be sure.

Oh noooooo. More potential spam emails to be eaten my account filters. Not like a ton of major companies haven’t already sold our emails to spam corps. XD

Anyways, thank you for all you do, MD team. Hopefully this asshole hacker gets his karmic justice and y’all keep trucking along so we can continue to enjoy fine Japanese entertainment.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm so screwed. My dirty sick fetishes, and comments are all going to be exposed to the world. My public IP literally has pinpoint accuracy onto my house.

Everyone will know.... DAMN. Time to move, time to emigrate to China. I really should have bought that $10 lifetime VPN but I just didn't have $10.

Perhaps I can just convince everyone, it was my cat who followed all those futa hentai and also rated them so highly. Yes, I can do that. It was my cat that sick sick cat.

Edit: O god, this account uses my personal email address with my full name as the actual email with my birthday ending it basically SteveSmith2685@ I'm such a fool! AHHHH

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Zeroisloco if the site barely functions when users are trying to access it, it's not going to work out if we try to send 3 million emails. We'll do it when the errors die down.

Are there thoughts to disable remembering tokens for all admin accounts? As part of the burden of leadership.

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
@Yeh Atm the slowness is mostly due to us wiping data caches, which hurts the database quite a bit.

It will continuously get faster over the next hours as they fill back up, and should be back to normal in something like half a day.

Well everything attached to this email has a 2 step verification active even the email itself so that hacker just created themselves a headache

the moment I read breach, I immediately change my password and activate 2FA... but damn.. could this be why my genshin got hack? nah~ it can't be right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread