Whisper Me a Love Song - Ch. 47 - The Aquarium, A Date, And Then...

Banned
Gonna reread the manga now, because i need to freshen up my memory since this chapter feels like it's a candidate for top 3 best chapters. It had everything. Especially a big fan of not them kissing unless they both are romantically ready for it.

Dex-chan lover
I really like shiho .. I knew this might be the end of their arc.. who knows ? But I want to see how Shiho will do just to make Aki fall for hee you know? Like making Aki more giddy and all ? ... ya know? :headpat:

Dex-chan lover
The real question is why Aki didn't fall in love with Shiho earlier, when they were in the band together.

Dex-chan lover
They're finally together and on the same page! If only more yuri girls where that upfront from the beginning and avoided entire chapters of internal monologue to never voice out things...
glance over the entire arc where Shiho wasn't upfront about her feelings.

Dex-chan lover
What’s with lesbians and aquariums

Overly serious answer: There's two big reasons. 1.) Japan has, IIRC, and as you might expect for one of the world's most populated island nations, the most aquariums of any nation on Earth. Basically no matter where you go in Japan, you're likely to have reasonable access to a decent aquarium, making them popular date locations in general almost by default. And 2.) they're also generally dark and moody and have lots of reasonably obscure corners, making it easy for gay couples in particular to cuddle up without drawing a ton of public attention.

Dex-chan lover
The real question is why Aki didn't fall in love with Shiho earlier, when they were in the band together.
Shiho was too scared to make the push back then, and then backed down once she realized Aki was crushing on someone else. If she had made Aki look at her in a different light, things could have been a bit different but who knows. Timing is everything and sometimes it just isn't the time for it. Aki is in a different place mentally than she was back then, and so is Shiho. So it's a bit different.

Group Leader
Now that the festival arc is over I'm curious what author is going to come up with. I have a feeling this will end soon and now author is tying loose ends. Hope I'm wrong.

Dex-chan lover
FINALLY!!! I just finished and had no other yuris to read thank you (can we focus on yori and himari now??)

Dex-chan lover
So can this finally be the end of this arc? I've already said why I think them becoming a couple is bad for their characters and the story at large, But also, it's dragged on for way too long. I feel like more than half the chapters in this manga was spent on these two, and being honest here, when it became clear that the author was going to make them a couple, neither Shiho nor Aki were still interesting enough to invest a spinoffs worth of screentime on them.

Dex-chan lover
Don't know if I'm missing something or misreading something. But, Aki asks Shiho if she wants to start dating (which is what Shiho wants right?) and Shiho get mad with her. Why's that? Did she already think they were dating? Then the bit about finding another lover. Does Shiho know Aki doesn't feel the same as her already? It just struck me as weird.

Shiho has loved Aki for quite long, and her feelings are quite intense. Aki is now casually asking Shiho if they should try dating, without confessing her own feelings. This makes Shiho feel like Aki is treating her feelings too lightly. And to Shiho this proposal is an uncertain middle ground between Aki rejecting her, and confessing for real. She doesn't want to get her hopes up. All of that is why Shiho says "don't play around with my feelings".

Aki brings up the possibility that she might date someone else in the future, and asks if Shiho could still be her friend even then. With this, I think she argues that if Shiho's feelings are as strong as they are, then the two of them are not risking their friendship by starting to date now any more than by waiting. I think she's trying to say that it's better to give it a try now than to regret not trying it later.

Shiho was too scared to make the push back then, and then backed down once she realized Aki was crushing on someone else. If she had made Aki look at her in a different light, things could have been a bit different but who knows. Timing is everything and sometimes it just isn't the time for it. Aki is in a different place mentally than she was back then, and so is Shiho. So it's a bit different.

It's also important that Aki fell in love with Yori at first sight. And Shiho was fairly unassertive back then, compared to the more cool Yori, so their relationship started from a place where Aki felt protective of Shiho. Shiho is also the first girl who has confesssed to Aki, so I think it makes sense that Aki's feelings take a different path with her.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread