Who Made Me a Princess - Vol. 2 Ch. 62

AHHHHHHHHHH figure it out already you goober. I just want father/dauther fluffiness, not this weird quasi-NTR father stealing.

Dex-chan lover
What I find interesting are the headaches: it reminds of when, in the original world, while Claude was suffering he desperately called for Jennette. Is it possible that in the original world he suffered headaches and other ailments that only Jennette (since she's a child made from dark magic) could soothe?

Like, Jennette sucked Claude's strength and life and the only reason it wasn't too obvious was because in the original Claude had his magic that limited the effects of Jennette's presence?

I was just remembering "Fiancee's observation log of a self-proclaimed Villainess" and thinking it could be a similar effect to the Heroine's bird, turning people into mindless drug addicts that wanted nothing more than to be with her.

@icekatze

Keep in mind that from all we know, she was a manufactured weapon by her sperm donor (the older brother to the Emperor and the ex-emperor) and mummy to drain the powers from the Emperor for his evil(-ish) oppa. So, it isn't unreasonable to see this magical bioweapon as not-quite all-right.

Remember the flashforward sequence of "after-game" when Claude has his powers sapped, the brother's eyes magically are at full power (as Claude's fade and Claude writhes in pain) as he drags his daughter off and she follows obediently like some kind of mindless doll rather than the loving daughter she seemingly was up until then? It plays off like something out of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and related series with Ouroboros.

Are we sure that she's entirely human or is she messed with? Will she despise herself and break free of "dear old Dad's" control? Will she hurt her cousin? Will she get destroyed by her cousin's boyfriend?

There are so many unanswered questions that could alter matters.

I don't think her "lack" of characterization is without intention.

I suggest rereading and focus on the subtle nuances of Jeannette and her evil sperm donor. Especially, the foreshadowing and hints. Much is given away (if you know what to look for).

I posted on this earlier but it's worth noting again—Jeanette appears to be a bioweapon designed to steal Claude's magic for his brother who was always jealous and angry because he never had it. The Fates seemed to want them to work together, but instead, the brother used the darkest of magics to create Jeannette while also somehow surviving his own impending death by Claude (unlike Claude's ex/Jeannette's mother). As such, Jeannette is an unusual (and largely tragic) character whose purpose is more like an elaborate A.I. doll. She's designed to get close to Claude, unlike Claude's true daughter.

However, Claude & Jeannette's story changed due to the Fates dragging the MC into the story and changing her role. Suddenly the real/true daughter is in the mix and in a meaningful way, thus making a stylistic contrast to the strangely fake/clingy bioweapon cousin. We don't know yet if her sperm donor Daddy has some kind of "switch" that turns her obedient evil or something else once the yandere gets his brother's magic.

Unfortunately for the brother's machinations, Claude incidentally gave his real daughter (the MC) a great deal of his powers in order to save her (in the process of doing so). Now, she's more powerful than him and thus is either weak to Jeannette's powers or has by definition weakened Claude's powers enough to screw up his brother's plans.

More is here and more I yet explained.

Try rereading it with this in mind and then look at the contrasts between Jeannette and her cousin. How does it play out? Do she lack characterization out of poor writing or on purpose? Is she doll-like precisely because that is what she is—not quite fully human (or, at the very least, being raised as a weapon w/ those impulses). She's dangerous & old Claude (prior to memory loss, feared that she was going to do something like that & kept Jeannette at a distance. Now, he's lost his memories (possibly due intentionally from the brother's actions to attempt to kill Athy resulting in Claude trying to save Athy), yet having Athy reminds him of her mother (and more drama).

Anyhow, I hope this helps clear up some stuff.

Dex-chan lover
@TheDragonLord
For whatever reasons, I didn't read Jennette like that on the first go, and it seems the earlier chapters are missing now? So I'm not sure I'll get the chance to double check.

When I said that the unwillingness to provide characterization for Jennette was strange, I meant it more along the lines of being suspicious rather than showing ineptitude. Having said that, it's hard to relate to or get engaged with a robot puppet who has no agency. If that interpretation is true, I hope the scenes with Jennette will be short.

i'm so sick of jennette.... she's so stupid..... she can only get close to claude now bc athy is out of the way how can she be happy about that??

Double-page supporter
Oh look - her father actually does feel a smidgen of guilt.

She, without hesitation betrayed her own friend, or her so-called sister. A hypocrite. I can't wait for Claude and Athy reunited and Lucas to kick Jennette butt

Double-page supporter
saw an earlier comment about the not wanting the "quasi father ntr" thing thats happening and HOO BOI couldnt FKING AGREE MORE AKDJKZ omg... jennette.. first u try and steal claude and then ur taking all the panels... omg orz

What's up with the amount of hate on Jennette? From what I see, she is merely a child starving for affection.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, so she hasn't visited her loyal maid even once even though she can just roam about literally everywhere without getting caught?

That's heartless!

Where's my wmmap!jennette protection squad?! The slander in the comments, I'm like, we're reading the same thing, right?

Dex-chan lover
@okaydokeys Yea, I honestly feel sorry for her. She doesn't seem to know what type of a fucked up situation she is in. I can't help being afraid that she might be the one in most danger here out of all rather than Athanasia because she can adapt and protect herself and she is an adult inside.

I really can't stop being anxious till Lucas gets here. WHERE IS THAT BASTARD ANYWAY!! (Anyway, Athanasia X Lucas is the best ship cause they both have the bodies of children but are adults inside...except Lucas probably doesn't know that about her. I hope he finds out. They'll be hell of an immortal power couple.)

fuck i know that janette doesnt do anything wrong or whatever but i cant like her lmao

Why do they show Jeanette so much? I am tired of her constant neediness from everyone be it Kiel,Athy or Claude. She constantly needs someone's validation. Meanwhile, Athanasia who's the real MC is nowhere to be seen in recent chapters. I am so tired of this arc and hope it ends soon because it's becoming increasingly frustrating to see both Athy and Claude suffering.

Double-page supporter
@icekatze I agree, she's a child. I don't really expect much from a kid except to rely on the adults around her and want love and family. She's sheltered so how would she know to distrust the man her guardian trusts to live in her own home? She also has never been burned or told of fire so why would she fear it?

Users who are viewing this thread