Wistoria: Wand and Sword - Vol. 9 Ch. 33 - No More Being Downcast, He Said

Dex-chan lover
I'm assuming the key here is the electrical shock to suppress dwarves, because it seems superfluous otherwise, considering it does nothing to Will. I'm assuming he's gonna get out of this predicament by learning how to harness elemental energy itself, not just magic cast by mages, so he'll basically attack one of these snakes, eat its lightning attack, and then hit it back with a lightning attack of his own that counts as "low level magic" to defeat it.

Dex-chan lover
Okay but why didn't Will use <<Courage>>? That's his magic, he goes Super Saiyan. Can he not activate it at will (lol)? Does he have to be more desperate? That's an annoying unanswered question.

Also Principal-kun needs to have his stupid face caved in.
His only actual power is the ability to be infused with magic, him going super saiyan during the festival was a result of him taking in Finn's power after Finn imbued the sword.

"Courage" isn't going super saiyan, it's just people saying he's courageous and that's what makes him strong (basically "friendship is magic", but with courage). Or, if it is actually the name of an actual magic, it doesn't matter because he (at this point) is unable to use it by himself, which is what the mages are getting at.

Double-page supporter
Brah the dude that was testing will is so pathetic. Mans gonna get his ass BEAT

Dex-chan lover
For all those saying Elfi is useless or playing didn't you notice that every time she's about to open her mouth/make a decision someone tells her to shut up or interupt her ? She clearly has 0 power and is basically a puppet leader.
Yeah, we noticed... That's why we're calling her useless. Getting shut down every time you so much as open your mouth and being prevented from actually doing anything is like the textbook definition of "useless".

Dex-chan lover
Elfi got that authority but can never use it as she wish. So what's the damn point in being a Magia Wende then? Istg even Danmachi isn't this annoying.

And I hope you're not dropping this because of the hate people gave in these recent chapters. But then again, with how the story is going rn, pretty sure I won't miss a lot.

Dex-chan lover
This is the first manga that I can confidently say deserves American localizers.

Preferably 4kids.
It's long since been licensed for U.S. distribution and localization by Kodansha, so it's in probably the best hands imaginable (the "worst" would be Seven Seas).

At any rate, I don't think this is the worst development in writing. At the very least, I can't muster the ire that the rest of you can.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Imagine if MC just had enough of their shits and leaves the town and join the enemy's side and slay mages instead. Gosh it would be so satisfying to see these fked up faces when they regret treating him like shit

Dex-chan lover
Imagine if MC just had enough of their shits and leaves the town and join the enemy's side and slay mages instead. Gosh it would be so satisfying to see these fked up faces when they regret treating him like shit
as we have seen the author having the "greatest" writting skills known to man, he probably will fight in the future another "sword" that actually got tired of their shit or got experimented by people like glasses.

Dex-chan lover
as we have seen the author having the "greatest" writting skills known to man, he probably will fight in the future another "sword" that actually got tired of their shit or got experimented by people like glasses.
I fucking love "I'm you but sick of the world's shit" characters. If this is the case then i can bet big fucking cash that everyone's gonna be glazing the Will's counterpart.

Dex-chan lover
This just feels like padding.
Biggest padding known to man. Feels like it only exists to point out just how afraid the mages are of dwarves that they would build a monster specifically meant to suppress them but we already knew that considering how the dwarves are treated

Dex-chan lover
Will should just challenge that wand. He is useless since as we learned, all the wands are basically an overglorified barrier that can't actually hurt any of their enemies

I'm assuming the key here is the electrical shock to suppress dwarves, because it seems superfluous otherwise, considering it does nothing to Will. I'm assuming he's gonna get out of this predicament by learning how to harness elemental energy itself, not just magic cast by mages, so he'll basically attack one of these snakes, eat its lightning attack, and then hit it back with a lightning attack of his own that counts as "low level magic" to defeat it.
I hope it works like that. If he can defeat the mages' weapon against dwarves, and he can defeat mages and anti-mages, he'll have an edge on all of them. That sounds like a better place to be if he wants to end the system that discriminates against his people, or even walk away.

Users who are viewing this thread