Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru.: Monologue

re: 50 - I knew the anime version did Zaimokuza dirty at the race, but I didn't know the manga did too. It was one of his best scenes in the series, in the LN - a real character moment.

this still receiving updates?
don't mean to press, but I really like this series. gives me something to read. :) thank you for the good work.

Though the manga is still running, the anime will conclude with the season 3!
Though enjoyed both!

MD@Home
Everything is so overblown and dramatic.
Oh no, she's relying on you, if she wants to become an adult she needs to be independent and give up on stuff!
And that's and argument... how?

Adults have to rely on each other, it's how society is form. It's so ridiculous that the author decided that this would be the last challenge these kids would face.
Not adulting, but bullshit.

Their last challenge is dealing with bullshit.

It's even more ridiculous that basically the antagonist of this series is a Karen.

No prom for you, it's indecent.

jfc.

is this just going to be another boring manga with no romantic development and just some overblown drama taking the spotlight all the time instead ?

I mean, Kudos for the team working on the Chapter 50-60 scans...
You guys update them so fast, even though the chapters are so long...

And for those who cannot get the philosophy of this manga/story, it is the fact that never uttering the word "love" and struggling to show it makes this an extremely authentic representation of High School life.

Can't wait to read the end when the chapters come out gradually...

@xorcross this fandom gets a ton of people who are either on the spectrum or way too young/lacking the life experience to make sense of it. It's the story of a low-status guy who grows into his own and has to learn to discard the comforting cynical delusions he built up around himself to protect him through the worst parts of his adolescence. It's not really that complex of a story; the character-writing is where it shines, and that's the area where autists and kids are going to be least able to connect to what the author was trying to do with them. It's fun to see him wield his bitterness and resentments against the world, especially when it seems to work out for him. The theme of the story only really comes through when it turns out that this behavior isn't actually working out at all and is just unnecessarily holding him back from having the kind of life he actually aspires to. Reconciling the lessons he learned from his time as a rejected loser with the potential he has to do real good in the world is the ultimate point of it all. The romance is just in service of that arc.

@purplespring senpai noticed you. Short answer is yes, but it's still fun anyways. There's an embarrassment of riches on this platform when it comes to waifu-baiting romcom trash, so it's not like you have far to reach for that if that's all you're after. Stick with it though. The developments you're interested in are a slow-burn, but it gets there in bits and pieces.

does the translator really hate to use honofiric?? Kinda weird to see komachi adressing yukino and yuigahama without san to it.

I remember trying to get into this ages ago and hated the characters intensely. Now, trying to get into again and I have to say I want to use a flamethrower on all of them, so I guess nothing has changed? Then I think the comedy tag is a misnomer, so far I haven't found this funny in any way shape or form. I am only at chapter 3 so I will give it a go at least try for 10 or 20.

Going to go read some Yotsubato now to restore my faith in humanity and laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread