Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Ch. 175 - Flight Response Scramble

Group Leader
Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Ok so Inuyama's mom is the new bestest girl of the series, noted

Dex-chan lover
tl;dr version:

source: trust me bro

Also, they're lying to you, and you're a gullible moron: https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/newsbrief/index.html?record=4672
yeah man you get that strawman, show him who's boss! you got this man there's no way he'll be able to beat your arguments

especially that chris guy, you totally have more insight into the details of the translation than him, go get his ass by making shit up and lying, nobody can beat that

On a less sarcastic note, why is it that ignorant opinionated liars crawl out of the woodwork whenever anything about AI crops up? Or, I suppose, in a related case, why is it that ignorant opinionated liars randomly accuse things of being AI? Mass formation psychosis like this doesn't show up out of nowhere. There's always a source, but I've never been able to track down what the origin is.

Dex-chan lover
Why are the Japanese pressuring kids to pick their career when they're still teens? Teenagers are stupid and fickle, they don't know the significance of the choice they're making.
Doesn't everyone? You pretty much decide your fate by picking what education to get after high school.

Dex-chan lover
I don't disagree with that, and I ain't saying AI is the best thing ever, just that current day localizer brought it on themselves by bastardising works they were supposed to translate but decided to impose their views and opinions on it...
Maybe it will serve as a wake-up call to get more serious people doing the job correctly, that would be the best thing
Can't believe such a fallacious comment got so much positive attention.

I don't disagree with that, and I ain't saying AI is the best thing ever

Starts with this, then proceeds to defend AI like someone who actually thinks AI is the best thing ever

current day localizer brought it on themselves by bastardising works

This is on pretty bad faith, you are acting like translators shoehorning their views into translations is the norm rather than the exception,you just don't hear about the decent translations because those are the norm.
Not to mention, this completely glosses over the fact that translation it's never a 1:1 endeavor as AI bros seem to think, there is plenty of nuance that is lost in the process of translation due to cultural differences and the like that just not exist in the target language. Part of the work in translating is making sure you manage to get across all the subtleties that are not being explicitly stated.

Maybe it will serve as a wake-up call to get more serious people doing the job correctly,

As stated before, most of translators do their "job" correctly, they don't need a wake up call for something they are doing correctly.

As a quick reminder, this got licensed… by an AI manga translation startup

Normally I’d say to support the official release, and the author tweeted that they checked with Emaqi Orange and they're using a human translator, but… I trust them as much as I can throw them
I am 2000000 billion % against AI TL, anyone who does that shit deserves to burn in hell for eternity.

Dex-chan lover
I just love it when the side couple and main couple are both great
Yeah, this manga has been killing it for so long, and has no signs of slowing down. A breath of fresh air compared to some recently ending rom coms that ended in an underwhelming fashion

Users who are viewing this thread