Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 40 - A Slightly Upset Anjou-san

Group Leader
I find it hilarious that a scanlator will yank their chapters just because someone else posts scanlated chapters of the same series they work on. It's as if they think they have exclusive rights to scanlate certain series, and if someone else encroaches on their "right," like silly kindergarteners, they take their ball and go home. I guess some people just can't deal with competition.

Aggregator gang
Kiss on the neck is just mark of owner is sign to tell other girl to fuck off.

> scanlator willingly uploads to an aggregate platform that allows them to pull their chapters
> scanlator eventually feels like the platform isn't worth dealing with anymore, and motions to pull their chapters
> readers: LOOL, WHAT A BUNCH OF KINDERGARTNERS.

Lets see. All of wowe's stuff was pulled (I helped fix a script so the owner could do that himself, was a fun time). Meraki's stuff is up to be pulled. Hati's stuff is up to be pulled.

I can't imagine why people might want to pull from the platform that lets redditors spread a bunch of crap about how Scanlation doesn't cost anything, and how bad "ebegging" is when all they did was put some methods to donate up and happened to be a bit slow.

That's not even getting into how sniping is enabled by uploading to this platform in the first place.

Without the first 36 chapters, you can't just upload 37, 38, 39, 40 and expect people to really notice. Not until some other aggregate that has all of the chapters rips those off mdex. Which could be quite a while depending on the aggregate.

I mean, if they really wanted to toss the toys out of the pram, they could upload all of the chapters on their site as a PDF or webp. Then even other aggregates wouldn't be able to rip their chapters via bots.

@fredfriendly

Contributor
LOL. Did Hatigarm pull their chapters? Good for you @monkeyvoodoo
I don't get the hate about this, but you're right, scanlation groups shouldn't be asking for other people to support their own hobby. If you enjoy scanlating, then do it because you want to. If you're trying to make money, there are better ways to go about it. I could almost, maybe, understand it if they had to pay for raws out of their own pocket, but the raws are apparently freely available. I would even support requests for donations if the group donated >50% back to the artist, but we all know this doesn't happen in all but a few rare cases.

I also don't understand Hatigarm. Another group criticizes them, so they pull their chapters off Mangadex? How does that help them? Abandoning their readers because a completely unrelated group of people hurt their feelings?

@TheOneWhoSighs
>All of wowe's stuff was pulled
Oh no! Whatever could we do without trash korean manwha! Good riddance. The site is called *Manga*Dex not Manwhadex. I've been wanting for the longest time a filter to hide all Korean works but hell if the scammers themselves do it lucky me.
> Meraki's stuff is up to be pulled.
More gook trash who cares.
>Hati's stuff is up to be pulled.
Literally who?

>I mean, if they really wanted to toss the toys out of the pram, they could upload all of the chapters on their site as a PDF or webp. Then even other aggregates wouldn't be able to rip their chapters via bots.

Who cares. Another group will fill in the spot they leave. This isn't rocket science. Also you keep acting like these scans belong to groups when at the end of the day they're just using the mangaka's IP to enrich their pockets.

Group Leader
@seekermoc
...maybe, understand it if they had to pay for raws out of their own pocket, but the raws are apparently freely available.
Please show me where I can get each new, weekly original raw Japanese chapter of Koi Inu without having to pay for it and I will be eternally indebted to you. If you can't, then I suggest you retract your statement since it is blatantly false. I have been paying for the raw chapters of Koi Inu out of my own pocket since 2016, scanlating them with help from translators, then uploading where people like you can read them absolutely free. Let me say that again: people like you can read them absolutely free. I know that a lot of the series I read are also only available since the scanlators themselves pay for the tankobons, magazines or get the raws from paid-to-read websites which they subscribe to.

As for scanlators yanking their scans, like I said before, it seems silly to me but, on the flip side, did you (and I don't mean just you, seekermoc) buy the tankobon, magazine or subscribe to a website and provide the scanlators with the raws? Do you ever pay for any of the series you read on-line?

Contributor
@FredFriendly

I apologize if you misunderstood, but I was only speaking to this specific manga, not raws in general. I was saying I can understand, almost, if a group asks for money because they need to buy raws, but this one doesn't, at least not for Anjo or ToDaG.

Edit: It would also only be understandable if said group only accepted enough to cover the raws, and not more. If you take money beyond what you pay for RAWs, and you don't pass more than half of it back to the author, then you're profiting off their work, which you have no right to do.

I'm also wondering why you feel the need to get personal and say things like "people like you." I'd like to know what you mean by that. You don't know me, or anything about me. I've donated to mangadex to cover their costs of hosting the scanlations. I also contribute back to the community by proofreading and occasionally cleaning for a scanlation group. One that uses available raws, and asks for nothing in return. I've also temporarily helped other groups with proofreading if I see they're having problems.

Dex-chan lover
i dont get it y is there still contents after the "(chapter) end" statement?? im seeing this in some other series too...

Group Leader
Wow. I'm really glad you decided to do this and turn Anjou-san into a total shitshow when there was nothing wrong with the scans coming out before.
Wait, no I'm not.

BRUUUUHHHH!!! i never just laugh out loud at things , but when the girls turned the corner and seen him mounted on the other dude. .. i fucking lost it , projectile spit at my screen i laughed so hard , god i need that

Aggregator gang
The drama happening on this comment section is better than this new chapter sadly

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@lonefire
Racist terminology is against Rule 5.1.1. Please do not use such terminology in the future.

You can find our rules here: https://mangadex.org/rules

Thanks,

Zeph

This whole thing was just a jerk thing to do. It's no wonder that the other group would remove their uploads when a group like this acts all hostile for no good reason. It also doesn't come as a surprise that they would try to defend themselves with the typical crap "hurr durr it was for the lulz".

@Bainhardt Thanks, we really appreciate the positive feedback! We did this because we knew it would produce our yearly requirement of salt, but we really got even more wonderful salt than we expected!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KquFZYi6L0

Aggregator gang
please snipe Shonan Seven and Watari Kun cause you guys are really cool

Users who are viewing this thread