Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 4 Ch. 51 - I Don't Get Chita-san

Dex-chan lover
Chita-san is easy to understand, she wants what the reader wants:
JUST. FUCK. ALREADY.

VIP
a caring but not annoying heroine friend? what sorcery is this?

Double-page supporter
Chita is still my favorite from this series. I can't remember any appearances that I disliked.

Dex-chan lover
Shit, I don't get how it became 2/3. Isn't it 1/2 since the middle one is not picked? It's either left side or right side, so that's 50% isn't it!? Disregarding the sweet is actually middle of course.

Dex-chan lover
She is a good friend, she is the voice of the fandom, so just follow her advice Seto... pounce on Anjou or better yet let her pounce on you.

Dex-chan lover
It's been so long that I dont care if this is a filler, I'm just happy to read new chapter of one of my favorite gal girls)
Thx for the update

Dex-chan lover
@Xystus this is actually a pretty well known paradox of statistics. But what it essentially boils down to is your first choice is made with 3 options. Then it’s paired down to 2 options. Your first choice will have a 1/3rd chance to be right, while your second choice is 1/2 to be right.

There was a pretty old British game show that had this choice system, but when it comes down to it, most people won’t change their first choice but the better chance is to switch at the second chance.

Dex-chan lover
@Curccoll I get what you say so far but how did Seto end up with 2/3? Like you said the second choice is already down to only 2 options so how can it be 2/3?

@Xystus
So, I can sort of explain the Monty Hall problem better than the manga did.

1. There are two bitter gumballs and one sweet gumball. Chita asks Seto to pick one, and stops him before he eats it. She then reveals that one of the other two are bitter, and asks him if he wants to pick a different one.
2. Seto has a 1/3 chance of picking the sweet gumball initially, and a 2/3 chance of picking a bitter gumball.
3. If Seto picks the sweet gumball initially, Chita must reveal where one of the bitter gumballs is. Both of the other gumballs are bitter in this case, so she picks randomly.
4. However, if Seto picks a bitter gumball initially, Chita will reveal where the one remaining bitter gumball is.

Using this logic, revealing the location of one of the two bitter gumballs doesn't eliminate it from the game. Instead, Seto already had a 2/3 chance of initially choosing a bitter gumball. Since the other remaining gumball will be revealed to Seto 2/3 times each time he plays the same game, he is more likely to get the sweet gumball if he switches from his initial choice.

I hope that makes sense. 🤔

@Xystus The Monty Hall Problem is basically just fluffing around with probability and perceived odds with a false manipulation of choice. The main thing It never really becomes 1/2, it's still a 1/3 choice from the start granted you can switch midway and just seems like 1/2 at that point. The premise is that you have more chance of picking the bad item (2/3) and less chance of picking the good item. So when the opportunity arrives to switch you're 2 thirds of the time picked the bad item, then the host must then reveal the only remaining bad item. So switching in this situation (two thirds of the time this situation occurring) is the most preferable option and you get the good item; thus it's 66% chance with that method as opposed to staying with your first choice which is just a 33%.

@Xystus When you pick a gum ball, it has a 1/3 chance of being sweet. You are then told that one of the other balls is bitter. The ball that was revealed as bitter can never have been sweet. The ball you picked still has the 1/3 of being sweet in terms of the whole situation, where as the bitter ball now has no chance of being sweet, giving the other unknown ball a 2/3 chance of being sweet.

The mistake people make is discounting the bitter ball once it is revealed, whereas what happens is that it's chance of being sweet is given to the other ball not initially chosen by you.

Fed-Kun's army
@Ketsujo

Methinks you fail Probability 101. The central concept here is conditional probabilities, aka probability of an event given that another event has happened.

This concept does not influence the probability oof picking a sour drop if ALL of the gums are sour, else it most certainly will.

Users who are viewing this thread