Yande Kita Mahou Shoujo no Nichijou - Ch. 12 - A Certain Teacher's Story...

Dex-chan lover
Damn, this is actually a very nuanced depiction of this topic.

The teacher did try to do something about it, but everyone, even the victim herself kept telling her to leave it as it is, refusing any outside help.

I honestly would not be sure what I would have done to help her myself in a similar situation.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, this is actually a very nuanced depiction of this topic.

The teacher did try to do something about it, but everyone, even the victim herself kept telling her to leave it as it is, refusing any outside help.

I honestly would not be sure what I would have done to help her myself in a similar situation.
Only thing I can see is check with her parent(s)… but honestly what is else is there to do? The other kids don’t like her and you can’t force that, that would be another type of bad.

Dex-chan lover
I think some ppl would rather be ignored than directly bullied, tho sucks for the 'loner' types that are actually more relaxed being alone and forced into a group setting, you'd think japan overall wouldn't be that extroverted as a culture, other than like drinking culture

Dex-chan lover
I don't think anyone can actually help her, she may learn to handle herself to live in society if she looks for profesional help but I don't think she can be "fixed".
All of this stress on her is multiplicated by the magical girl mafia treating her like a military soldier in a war, with not so subtle implications that they will kill her or a loved one if she tries to say anything about it.

Her life fucking sucks.

Supporter
This chapter wouldve been good If we didnt see an adult being lectured by a middle schooler about the nuances of social relationships in the most scientifical way possible
Like i simply could not take this chapter seriously because It felt like i was reading a reddit discussion with some severe usage of gaslight through complex words

Dex-chan lover
This chapter wouldve been good If we didnt see an adult being lectured by a middle schooler about the nuances of social relationships in the most scientifical way possible
Like i simply could not take this chapter seriously because It felt like i was reading a reddit discussion with some severe usage of gaslight through complex words
yeah even if a student was that eloquent and 'emotionally intelligent/mature' enough, even if they were in the 'right' i can imagine some teachers would've wanted to just punish them for talking back if not outright smacking them but it would be interesting if their own parents actually did have a psych degree versus a more teenager-y/simple way of saying things like "you can't be friends with everyone", if not her being forced to join an after-school club or like, putting it on the 'student president's' shoulders or so versus someone that was 'acquainted' with her

The way these kids talk is scarily articulate and savvy.
probably because it's written by an adult lol, tho who knows, some kids might be smarter than expected, i feel like i saw a 7 year old talk to a friend at the park that's like "i'm sorry if this sounds rude, but--" while other kids that age still might not be able to tie their shoes (although there might be 'genius' kids like some "14 year old geniuses" but you think of them being book-smart, not someone that'd be like that age and like a social savant that can keep up with a conversation between adults as opposed to 'the popular kid' or so lol). if not the author just lecturing the audience or just parroting stuff that's been told to them before lol

yea that was pretty stupid

Dex-chan lover
Only thing I can see is check with her parent(s)… but honestly what is else is there to do? The other kids don’t like her and you can’t force that, that would be another type of bad.
there's also the fact that the mom's too busy for a meeting and she was like "nevermind" when they tried to talk earlier so i assume she doesn't want her mom knowing about any 'issues' anyways (and i assume the dad's dead/outta the picture)

Dex-chan lover
I guess the middle schooler hasn't yet learned that even if you're right, it doesn't mean you have the right to be a cunt about it.

If you were right, but made someone feel like they're a nuisance to everyone just by existing, you probably acted like a cunt about it. And judging by her tone with the teacher, my money's on her being the type to show absolutely no tact and feel completely justified. And just because you didn't say the exact words "I hate you," doesn't mean whatever you said was fine. It's not just what you say, but how you say it as well.

If you have no obligation to show tact, then no one has any obligation to take your shit either.

And not feeling the need to show even a little bit of tact to someone who, at the very least, used to be your friend, shows a lot about how much of a cunt you are.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The teacher absorbed enough of the depression from the kid that she drinks her problems away lol.
i'd think a lot of teachers would wanna drink unless they teach like, preschool or so (tho if the problem isn't the kids i can imagine some PTA type parents/members that'd make you wanna strangle them lol)

Dex-chan lover
Well, she's a teacher, not a child psychologist, so... hard to blame her for quitting after the "regular" approach failed in such spectacular fashion, twice
Yeah no there's no way to blame this teacher. On the contrary, I feel terrible for her. Being unable to help yourself is one thing, but being unable to help a child that's suffering in front of you? That's just horrid. On top of that, she had to feel that helplessness every single day for a whole school year.

If there's one thing I think I'd have done in her place, is to teach that student that communication is always a two-way street. Most times, it's not your fault alone when an interaction doesn't go well, especially when you have no ill intentions. So there's no need to always put 100% of the blame on yourself when an interaction goes wrong. A lot of times, even when you do everything relatively correctly, an interaction can still go wrong. It's good to be self-aware and want to improve, but there's no need to feel paranoid about every single thing you do and say.

Users who are viewing this thread