Yande Kita Mahou Shoujo no Nichijou - Ch. 12 - A Certain Teacher's Story...

Dex-chan lover
Well, she's a teacher, not a child psychologist, so... hard to blame her for quitting after the "regular" approach failed in such spectacular fashion, twice
If only there were psychologists that you could send the child to or recommend the parent to go there with their kid :thonk:
Oh well, gotta :aquadrink::aquadrink:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I guess the middle schooler hasn't learned that even if you're right, it doesn't mean you have the right to be a cunt about it.
What exactly did she do wrong and how else should she have acted? Can you tell me more about it please? I'm intrigued :meguu:

Dex-chan lover
The author is cooking and the viewers get cooked :aquadrink::aquadrink:
It only gets downhill from hill now that the teacher has gave up!:meguusmug:

But don't worry magical girl! For I alone!

Dex-chan lover
What exactly did she do wrong and how else should she have acted? Can you tell me more about it please? I'm intrigued :meguu:
Not that guy, but putting the reason into words before stating her intention to distance herself from the magical girl should be good enough. Spare the other person from having to think too deeply and wreck themselves over it. Especially since she seemed like she knew how the magical girl would react to the situation. Had she'd been ignorant of the magical girl's personality, being blunt would be fine. It's a dick move otherwise.

Contributor
Try as they might to explain it away with it being the way she is. At the end of the day the teacher gave up cause she felt it was too difficult to solve, and instead chose to ignore it. A tactic not uncommon mind you, but still a failure of her professional duty.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The grade leader had that line of questioning that I really hate,similar vain of as the senior magical girl who now works in management,but he did actually provide a good reason.

The system for mental health is severly lacking in most nations,more so one as terrible as Japan,even more so for a child,and now you can pile life saving responsibilities on top of those insecurities that she really can't tell to anyone out of the loop.

And those who care end up taking on a big vice just to dull the senses once the pressure exceeds their limits.

Here's hoping her lil' helper can find the path and guide her down it,he...she...it?...'s doing the lords' work in here.

Dex-chan lover
Not that guy, but putting the reason into words before stating her intention to distance herself from the magical girl should be good enough. Spare the other person from having to think too deeply and wreck themselves over it. Especially since she seemed like she knew how the magical girl would react to the situation. Had she'd been ignorant of the magical girl's personality, being blunt would be fine. It's a dick move otherwise.
Exactly. Like, it's especially because they used to be friends that I can't excuse the complete lack of tact (it's bad enough to do that to a stranger, lol). And as you said, judging by the way she talked, she seemed to have known the magical girl's personality very well. Yet, despite all that, she just bluntly told the magical girl to basically fuck off. She did that to a girl who had no ill intentions whatsoever. Her displeasure was enough justification to her to be a total cunt to the magical girl.

Dex-chan lover
At the end of the day the teacher gave up cause she felt it was too difficult to solve, and instead chose to ignore it. A tactic not uncommon mind you, but still a failure of her professional duty.
It was impossible to solve. There were no culprits, no victims, no immediate ill effects, and the girl was 'fine' as she said herself. With no way to get through to her, and no help from anyone, it was only a waiting game until the girl recognizes she has a problem and allows others to help her - which never happened. At this point bullying would've been easier to deal with.
And I don't agree that the teacher ignored it when she was the one who tried the hardest, and she's the one still bothered by this failure.

Contributor
It was impossible to solve. There were no culprits, no victims, no immediate ill effects, and the girl was 'fine' as she said herself. With no way to get through to her, and no help from anyone, it was only a waiting game until the girl recognizes she has a problem and allows others to help her - which never happened. At this point bullying would've been easier to deal with.
And I don't agree that the teacher ignored it when she was the one who tried the hardest, and she's the one still bothered by this failure.
You dont know if it was impossible to solve since the teacher gave up before even trying. She "tried the hardest" but still only talked with her once, and a classmate of her once. That is hardly trying imo. She may have been bothered about it on the inside for a long time but that doesnt change anything if she doesnt act on it.
Teacher did not try reaching out to her parents. Didn't try sending her to the school curator. Didn't try talking with her regularly. Didn't try reporting her to the child welfare bureu. Didn't try any of the dozens or so ways a teacher can try and help a student in their care.
Just because a student says they're fine, doesn't mean they actually are, and a teacher just choosing to ignore things after having a talk with them once, IS a failure of duty, no matter how you spin it.

Dex-chan lover
Certainly if you're not qualified for the job it is impossible to solve :pacman:
You dont know if it was impossible to solve since the teacher gave up before even trying. She "tried the hardest" but still only talked with her once, and a classmate of her once. That is hardly trying imo. She may have been bothered about it on the inside for a long time but that doesnt change anything if she doesnt act on it.
Teacher did not try reaching out to her parents. Didn't try sending her to the school curator. Didn't try talking with her regularly. Didn't try reporting her to the child welfare bureu. Didn't try any of the dozens or so ways a teacher can try and help a student in their care.
Just because a student says they're fine, doesn't mean they actually are, and a teacher just choosing to ignore things after having a talk with them once, IS a failure of duty, no matter how you spin it.
Of course this is a failure and there are things she could have done better, but at the same time she was outright rejected by literally every person she approached.

Plus, this isn't an education system any of us live in. The way these things are treated and how seriously they're taken are both completely different. Plus, there's Japan's culture to think about as well.

But yes, there is a lot to improve on her part... For one, her biggest problem is not even being able to give a proper retort to friggin' middleschoolers ._. This teacher is wayyy too god damn meek, but hey, she's a Japanese woman, and knowing Japanese culture... It's not very surprising.

I just can't really blame her and I feel bad. And as we can see, she's still very hung up on that failure.

Dex-chan lover
Certainly if you're not qualified for the job it is impossible to solve :pacman:
Oh and btw, how about you stop acting like a condescending, disrespectful smartass?

Every message, reply and reaction from you reeks of mockery.

Dex-chan lover
Because it is. 🙃
Yeah, and I'm saying stop being a condescending douche. It doesn't make you look smart, it just makes you look like a jackass.

You're not adding anything to the discussion, you're just being unpleasant. Your contribution is less than worthless.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, and I'm saying stop being a condescending douche. It doesn't make you look smart, it just makes you look like a jackass.

You're not adding anything to the discussion, you're just being unpleasant. Your contribution is less than worthless.
He called my contribution worthless even though I didn't give any to let others solve it themselves!
Help! I'm being bullied in a comment section of a manga about... Well it's not really manga about bullying is it... Oh well, nothing new I guess just same ol' day :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
Teacher did not try reaching out to her parents
Huh. Looking back, I must've misread the part where I thought that was addressed. So I guess this was an option indeed. Though it's still difficult to help someone who doesn't want any help. And it's impossible to force stubborn people to just get along (I've been there).
The part that caught my attention is how things never got worse: kids were able to function normally on formal level, the girl chose to be invisible 'for other people's sake' and others respected that invisibility, grades weren't affected, and there was no bullying. If things had gone any worse, there would be a reason to intervene, otherwise not ruining this delicate equilibrium must've seemed good enough.

Dex-chan lover
He called my contribution worthless even though I didn't give any to let others solve it themselves!
Help! I'm being bullied in a comment section of a manga about... Well it's not really manga about bullying is it... Oh well, nothing new I guess just same ol' day :aquadrink:
And this is what we call a cry-bully. Acts like a total asshole to others, but then plays victim when some of the shit gets thrown back at them, lmao.

Dex-chan lover
The mental health thing is complex enough without the magical girl bullshit making everything worse. Remember, for her parents nothing is wrong because her mascot is keeping the illusion of everything being fine.

Users who are viewing this thread