Yeon Lok Heun

correct me if iā€™m wrong about what has happened thus far if youā€™ve read chapter 34.

so the emperor falls for a woman simply because sheā€™s beautiful. that woman is yeon lok heun, but sheā€™s been using the face changing arts, so he isn't even looking at her real face. YLK also falls for him because ?? he saved her? i dunno. but then she realized the man sheā€™s infatuated with is the emperor, iā€™m assuming she will continue to hide her identity. so we already know that the emperor got a sign from that dragon sword that YLK is his destined empress (this happened before she went to the lair of demons. but i thought he seemed to realize YLK was a woman from that scene? i could be wrong.
Code:
(edit: i reread ch. 9 and basically any woman who can control the blood dragon sword is supposedly the destined empress, but because the emperor didnā€™t know YLK is a woman, he doesnā€™t know sheā€™s the destined empress. the blood dragon says that YLK can stay by the emperorā€™s side as two pillars over the country, but that can be interpreted as a strong military ruler, as YLK is now)
). so this sessy time with mystery YLK and the emperor is what causes YLKā€™s empress fate right? how the hell is the emperor gonna fall for a YLK simply because of a face that isnā€™t even her real face, and then happily end up with YLK with her actual face.

the scene was beautiful, but after remembering that he canā€™t actually see her real face it lost its luster for me.

I thought her girly face was her real face. Lol but the comments say otherwise. I got the impression that she is not used to seeing her real face when she dressed up as a maid.

Yeah, same as what others had said I assumed this face was her real face as she was used to changing it to be more of a man's face.

It seems that some are confused about the face changing ki arts so I thought I would clarify (what I understand anyways)

Lok-heun uses the face changing ki arts to look like a man. When she was in the lair of demons, the one who taught her the arts said that if she wanted to keep pretending to be a man she might as well learn it (as it was obvious that she was a woman and it would be harder to look like a guy as she grows up) so after she exits the lair, it is shown that she uses the arts to make her appearance more manly. And due to the fact that her FC ki-arts are almost always active (during her first mission, it looks like she doesnā€™t use it when she goes to sleep?), she is not familiar with her normal face. So her face (when sheā€™s a woman) is her real face.

Although I do agree that the development is a bit sudden and
the raws are already up until chap 71 and nobody knows that yeon and yeon lok-heun are one and the same

Omg thank you soooo much for the continuous update the story keeps on getting better and better. I am so excited to see the. Next chapter

Ahhhhh. This is one of my all time fav comics. Im so glad its updating so regularly. Thank you translators šŸ˜

@Lollipops thank you šŸ™šŸ¾ i thought she used the face changing arts to make a fake woman face, so i was upset that the emperor fell for a fake woman, but now i get it ā˜ŗļø

@coeurs yeaaa. usually in comics the female simple dresses like a boy and everyone thinks she is one, so i assumed that she was using her real face as YLK, and started face changing with yeon, but i realized that i got it backwards

Dex-chan lover
no spoiler but the romance progression is... disappointing on the male lead part. wheres the build up buddy

Here is My (could be far fetch) possible explanation for their romance development.

[/code]
Even though the emperor consciously thought that he never met her before and it's love as first sight, he subconsciously has always found her presence (as boy or girl) pleasant and familiar. It went as far back as when they were younger, he met her in the temple after she called him a celestial maid (ch.16), and when he took her in and trained her before Lair of Demon. They were also in understanding that they have both lost their loved ones (ch.16). All of their interaction left in his subconscious mind a peaceful and familiar impression about her that carried on even if she disguised herself with FC art or not, adding to the fact that she is extremely beautiful in her true face led him to fall for her. Falling in love with a complete stranger without any interaction before really doesn't follow his character development.

I can see how YLH falls for him. He was probably the only young attractive man she was in close contact with since a kid (he made her blushed quite a handful of time), and that he saved her and her family's life, though development is quite rushed (which is why it's a favorite manhwa anyway since it's direct and there is no filler). Hopefully The novel Would go into more detail of it.

This is probably far fetch impression but hey, it's super satisfying that they are in love.

Users who are viewing this thread