Yofukashi no Uta - Vol. 5 Ch. 41 - When I become an adult

Love chapters like these where people just spend time thinking.

Supporter
@justforthelulz Kou better stay on this path of rejecting his humanity or I will be very disappointed in this non-payoff.

Actually no, I would feel that if he has properly considered the cons far outweighing the pros, rejecting the idea of becoming a vampire shows a lot more character development rather than single-mindedly heading to the dark. In all honesty, Nazuna talks big about freedom at the start when it turns out she's the most trapped, being someone that'll become a feral monster if she doesn't keep her tasty blood bag on hand.

@Tamerlane i see, but there is one question that come to my mind. Will Kou want to bear the responsibility? That promise to turn the OL and possibly Akira is as far as I remember is just kind of "spontaneous" from him.
But now that he know what the risk of becoming a vampire, will he still hold that promise?

Well anyway, I really like this development.

Yes
This is the kind of shit more manga need to do
Actually look at the shit their MC is trying to accomplish and ask themselves why they really want this and if it's even worth going through with it

Immortality, having around a cute chick that plays games with you and have fun 12/7....
That sounds like a perfect un-life for me

Contributor
Only, pros of this chapter is Kou questioning himself, cons - it started through bullcrap that "vampire-hunter detective" is filled his friend!
Just think: if pour teacher is not_vampire she would commit crime, via killing him!
His mad_monster cuz he attack Akira? Jokes on you, you don't need to be vampire to do so - he can be just robber that wanted to steal something, some kind of pervert-maniac that gets off from "school" thematic - and boom! there is school-girl!, in school!, at night!!! = You can rape to you heart content! And robb her and her friends after killing them - prety "mad_monstrish" in detective-chan words! And if she kill him = jail. But his "vampire", so killing is 👌.
Tricking others? Getting something out of them without they consent(blood here)? Honestly, many people do it too.
They called.. criminals bands! You don't kill them on spot, you don't live with fear of them(if you don't have direct contact with them, except for tv and news). Ordinary people don't make a big deal out of them.
Honestly, in this story you can change "vampires" into "criminals" and?.. nothing changes!
But than detective-chan turned out to be super fishy - you discover dangerous "people" and what? Hunt them down? Is it doing of some sort of "revenger"? Madman, who don't go into police(maybe journalist here) and instead chase and kill them by herself. I smell something personal! May be revenge for steeled lover?
So all this pretext "vampires is bad, don't go after them" is bullsrap. Humans can be bad too.
P.S.: all this "why i want to be vampire if i can be just me" turns story into "coming of age" drama - give me back my vampire mystery and get away this crap!
@VarkAndDjelyl @Twia @MonsieurQuack

Great wholesome chapter, I'm pleased with the direction it's taking. The hook of an edgelord 14 year old wanting to be a vampire was interesting, but it was getting a bit boring. Questioning the premise is a good turning point to make the story higher stakes.

Aggregator gang
@MonsieurQuack Kou has made a promise to woman who is down in the dumps and once he changes into a vampire he in turn will do the same for her to spare her from the dull miserable life she is having right now. @Tamerlane said it best quote "He wants to turn into a vampire to turn other people into vampires who are living miserable lives. This notion was demonstrated with the office lady and to a lesser extent Akira, when he promised the former that he would turn her into one and the latter that he would protect her from the vampires in a year..." end quote. That itself is a good enough reason to go through in become a vampire and even has persuaded someone into becoming a vampire just to save him from his bad circumstances and begin a new life where he can be better than before. For Kou decision we need more story and character development to make it not an asspull and bad story writing.

The pros of being one outweigh the cons in my opinion, based on everything we've seen.

Aggregator gang
@nyaasar
Code:
So, seven more chapters for this manga to finish?
nope. this manga won't end any time soon. what I meant by ``41/48`` is that there´re 7 chapters left to reach the raws........

Dex-chan lover
Nice nice they're addressing how shallow his decision was before he met others like him.

This series is so good.
Although I can’t really relate to this emotionally stunted MC who seems to just autopilot his life.
This manga keeps it real and fun at the same time

reu

Dex-chan lover
@Spoonikle
That weird, most people who are into manga are emotionally stunted
Hence the big eyes and colorful expressions
This also applies to reading in general though there, given it's not visual media, what's big and colorful is the way drama and emotions are described

Users who are viewing this thread