Yoku Wakaranai Keredo Isekai ni Tensei Shiteita You Desu - Vol. 8 Ch. 37 - I Don't Really Get It But, knowledge seems to help me.

You should align dialogue in the center horizontally, rather than aligning on the left. Don't let words spill over onto other lines unless it's absolutely necessary, in which case use a hyphen.
I'm not a typesetter, but here is an example of how you could make your pages more legible, even with the same script.
Thank you for the tips. Will try to implement them on the next chapter.

Well, if u have the raws, i am bored enough to do the typesetting if u want ( i wont go as far as i do the redraw tho ) @PriestOfSanguine

Edit: probably would be smarter to dm him, no idea how we dm people tho :worry:.
The raws are directly taken from rawkuma (Install an adblocker if you go on there)

Click their profile then "start conversation", but unfortunately they need to create a forum profile first, separate but linked to their primary MD profile, and they have not done so yet.

As for PriestOfSanguine: Actually not terrible job, here. As was mentioned, the word-wrap was poorly done with the first few pages, because it broke words badly, but you obviously hit a stride later on that did a much better job of typesetting. There were only those two lines (that Daipinchi above retranslated for you) that were badly off and not understandable, so good first shot at it. Looking forward to the rest of what you do as you continue to skill up at it!

Was this a v1 that was changed less than 10 minutes from your posting? Because every single line just has "she" in relation to Toriela in the chapter I read.
Thanks for the words, I'll try to improve from here on out. Was my first full chapter I did. As for the pronouns I actually fcked up a bit since I started on the first few pages some months back (yes, there was no other TL since then) and just finished the job yesterday but was too lazy to rework the first few. From the next chapter onwards, I'll try to be consistent tho.

Well as I've said, I'm a total noob at this. But you say it is on other sites? I'd like to know which ones, since I wouldn't need to continue this then. I haven't found anything after Chapter 36 in english but the raws go up to 90.
Please do not upload this garbage. There is a reason it is on other manga sites and not this one. It's worse than MTL garbage with the worst typesetting I've ever seen. As much as I would love more chapters of this manga I'd be better off holding my phone with google image translate up to the raws than trying to read this garbage.

Well as I've said, I'm a total noob at this. But you say it is on other sites? I'd like to know which ones, since I wouldn't need to continue this then. I haven't found anything after Chapter 36 in english but the raws go up to 90.
I also haven't seen any translations past 36, also thank you for tl i think translators don't hear it enough but thank you for taking the time out of your day to translate!

Dex-chan lover
Because it has an official release. So groups stopped translating it or slowed down
This sucks, since I went on mangakalot and it was some awful mtl that made this one look professional by comparison

Double-page supporter
This sucks, since I went on mangakalot and it was some awful mtl that made this one look professional by comparison
i use that site as a stepping stone to locate interesting manga/manhwa/manhua. other than using it for that, that site is total trash run by bots and the only real work done on it is when they need to change the domain

Dex-chan lover
Please do not upload this garbage. There is a reason it is on other manga sites and not this one. It's worse than MTL garbage with the worst typesetting I've ever seen. As much as I would love more chapters of this manga I'd be better off holding my phone with google image translate up to the raws than trying to read this garbage.
That's uncalled for. I have seen so much worse on this site, to the point where the sentences were complete and utter word salad. These might not be completely accurate but the sentences make sense, that's something.

Dex-chan lover
well that's the problem when you're fedoff bad MTL, is that even decent MTL feel readable and people don't see the problem in it.

Thanks for the chapter. Translation was pretty decent, and I've seen far FAR worse for this series alone.
Hope you keep it up!

Dex-chan lover
It's even on the same side as her sword arm. It couldn't be more useless.
Well, not so sure about that. If you're using a single sword without a shield, you're going to have the sword arm forward, and that's what you want to armour.

But the problem with that is that she's using her sword mainly two-handed, and she has an inconsistent grip. In just three different panels I saw three different grips, so it's hard to tell what would benefit her the most.

Bracers are also not exactly the first piece of armour you'd pick, since they add weight where you want as little weight as possible. And knee protection is only useful if you sit on your knees enough for it to matter. For armour it's one of the least useful pieces in a full set.

I mean, what she's got is still largely pointless any way you cut it.

Power Uploader
Was this a v1 that was changed less than 10 minutes from your posting? Because every single line just has "she" in relation to Toriela in the chapter I read.
No, the pronoun mistakes are still there.

Page 5, top panel: She went to ... to test what the had learned...

Page 5, bottom panel: Her income that day ... the highest amount he'd ever earned.

Page 6, top panel: "The Torielas..." as if she's plural. TBF this may be referring to her party, but it's not very clear on that point, and is very awkward phrasing if true.

Power Uploader
Well, not so sure about that. If you're using a single sword without a shield, you're going to have the sword arm forward, and that's what you want to armour.
Not really. It'd be easier to protect your sword-hand side than your off-side. Even if you stood sideways in a single-handed fencer-style stance, you'd be unarmored on your flank / blind spot, and you can't assume enemies would only come from the front.

Though I agree the topic is largely pointless as her style is too inconsistent and female armor in manga is more a fashion accessory than anything intended to be functional.

Users who are viewing this thread