Yoku Wakaranai Keredo Isekai ni Tensei Shiteita You Desu - Vol. 9 Ch. 39 - I Don't Really Get It But, It Seems Things Were Like This

Dex-chan lover
While i agree with you, the fact they connect "black haired cat girl" with "Kuro" is the main point.
It would be an extremely low chance if she was just randomly given the name without its background significance.

And the only once we know who would logically make that connection is the MC unless you make the argument that everyone in this story speak Japanese.
Which to be fair is not an impossible leap of logic as it prevents language barriers in the writing.
"Kuro" just means "black". It's like naming a black dog "Blackie" because it's all black; she was an orphan (pet at the pound), she had strikingly black hair, so she got (nick?)named Kuro (plus the in-joke for readers of the animal association with the name). The manga is written for a Japanese audience, and while the reading and writing system of the world is intended to be different, speech mannerisms and concepts are going to be Japanese-based in origin because it's simple to do. This is why you see so many manga that use Japanese honorifics in other worlds that are supposed to have other languages (besides what a linguist would acknowledge is a common history of honorifics in almost if not every language, with modern English's discarding of honorifics to be a very notable outlier; still it remains that it uses the Japanese system specifically, and of course is written IN Japanese, too); it's also known as "Write what you know". It takes an exceptional writer to NOT do that, and have the Isekai'd person stumble with the differences they need to adapt to. A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court is an English work actually plays on this quite well, for example (though has a number of ahistorical concepts and situations, Hank's influence aside; Clemens, aka Twain, was a bitter man with a deep hatred for the romanticization of medieval era knighthood et al).

Fed-Kun's army
Ren only got her memories back after the wagon attack so who named her Kuro?
The novel establishes early on that the actual language of this world is Japanese, which is why Ren has no trouble reading and writing after she gets her memories back. That being the case, the name 'Kuro' isn't terribly unusual.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting that Ren's general personality seemed to have been the same even before she got her memories from her previous life, minus the whole "was a guy and is now super horny all the time" thing.
according to the first chapter, she might be super horny girl even before the memories came back.

Dex-chan lover
Basically Cain is a normal dude that is god at fights and smarter than most but still considered an idiot because those girls are morons...
Getting really sick of these stories forgetting their main premise, Ren now is an old guy and if he has the memories from Ren's infancy he should understand what was happening and not hate Cain like that anymore, just see it for what it was.
Also the way the "boys" were portrait does not make sense, it would be one thing to have the younger boys be asirheads since they are just minions but Cain was shown to be responsable and level headed when not related to Ren but he is also shown acting like an idiot instead of prioratizing...
I already knew the story was very misandristic, even though it technically has a male lead, but it is already going into ridicule with it.

This story already was not good but it is getting worse.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
whenever a chapter in a lot of mangas end that way, the next few chapter are bound to be no good, as in something bad will probably happen

Thank you for the chapter! Personally, I like Toriela more. Triela just doesn't seem right in my mind, but it's not really that much of a bother. You do you.

Dex-chan lover
What kind of person named the black haired catperson Kuro? If it wasn’t Ren it must have been some other isekai’ed person som Japan.
Author has really bad imagination. Half of all black cat people are named Kuro. Well, not really, but too many.

She just had to slip up.
Some things are just inevitable. Secrets are social creatures. They want to talk with as many people as they can.

I also really like this flashback scene where the reader finds out Ren has essentially always been Ren.
Yeah, it's nice to see.

the villainess stops being a jerk, the lazy good-for-nothing starts being productive, the angry and bitter orphan calms down and learns delayed gratification, etc. In these stories, memory heavily modifies personality.
It's usually less that the memory modifies their personality and more that they just become their previous self and the other self just disappears into the ether, as if it's a complete personality take-over. Which is often the actual case, but just as often the practical result even when it's not supposed to be.

just adding that both triela and toriella feel fine to me, i'm just glad someone is translating this.
I don't recall seeing either as a real name specifically, but they're both constructed like real names.

I get that most of the boys are idiots, but prioritizing buying better equipment sounded a lot better than a more expensive place to rent.
I agree. Saving money for a better place to live only works if the upkeep isn't higher, just the acquisition cost. If the upkeep is higher, you need a better stable income, since you can't (usually) save up for something you have to continually pay for. And if that equipment is necessary to maintain their income, that's something they need to prioritise.

Dex-chan lover
The art feels pretty different from what I remembered.
Basing this purely off memory, it's gone through a couple evolutions of style. I wasn't terribly happy with the previous arc's distorted style, so I'm happy to see it rolled back somewhat here.

Group Leader
Not me having to go back and read ch 1 after assuming the beginning of this manga was generic isekai “wake up in the middle of a field” or “summoned by a fat tits chick”

Group Leader
The translation of the webnovel that I read had their names as: Triela, Kuro, Maricle, Cain, Ryuu, Bowman. Anything close to that is fine. Machine translators are always switching up the Ls & Rs.
Where’s the meme edit with the characters Tliera, Kulo, Malicre, Cain, Lyuu, and Bowman?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL! Triela sounds better to me as a western name because of Gunslinger Girl's Triela

Double-page supporter
Interesting that Ren's general personality seemed to have been the same even before she got her memories from her previous life, minus the whole "was a guy and is now super horny all the time" thing.
Reason being: her past life's memories didn't simply over-write her current life's memories, but added to them. And that's more than just "I remember stuff". The Ren we know isn't simply the past life's personality, but a blend of the two. That's why her feelings (both good and bad) for the people she already knew, remained the same.

I think that's a far more interesting way to handle isekai, than simply getting transfered to it. WIth that (or at least being reborn as a baby), the MC isn't simply a tourist in the world, but someone with connections to it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread