Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi

the god did kinda make sure that he had no suffering in his 3rd life because of the cures but not the way he thought about it rn where its at he has people that care for him and he wants to help them

Enjoyed it until the nonchalant implied rape. It worries me when writers depend on either rape or time travel. Don't suppose someone can jump out and tell me I'm misreading the story?

@Scynix
Did it also just imply that the ghouls, aka the 'good guys' also abducted and raped women too??? The villains are bad enough but I don't know if I feel comfortable rooting for someone who just randomly goes 'Oh yeah our main method of continuing our population is kidnap and serial assault!'

@Titan224
For what it's worth, the wording about a ritual could imply they kidnap women and turn them into ghouls to replace their losses? Since they said birth was so improbable. He also confirmed the male side had an issue, too. But yeah... maybe they were using the ritual to impregnate... ugh... yeah, now I feel like I missed how much worse it could actually be. I have a bad feeling the LN/Wn/Whatever probably has a lot of rape too?

Anyone besides us know if this is normal going forward for this story?

Dex-chan lover
@Invader_Retro Here is the index page for Vol 4, ironically, this is actually the first volume to have an index page of sorts https://i.imgur.com/trcM2WF.jpeg
It's ironic that I ended up mistaking exactly the volume with the index.

@Scynix You are not incorrect, although it's not blatant, because they have problems with reproduction, they may target humans, however, it's a good reminder that the only ones the Ghouls can "capture" are the ones coming at them, usually adventurers coming to exterminate Ghouls, as they do not go out of their way to kidnap people by infiltrating towns and stuff, they don't have that ability, which is why Zadiris contested. It may be a little slight spoilish, but the next chapter introduces one such former human

In regards to "rape" being reused, hmmmm, I can't say in doesn't get re-used...
In the next chapter
the life-dead body that was captured in this chapter is raped. The child of that life-dead is a very important character in the story.
At the end of this arc,
since Ghoul villages were attacked (with the Ghoul Mage village being ignored because she was going to die), many females were also captured and impregnated by Goblins, Kobolds and Orcs. Although rescued, these children are not aborted (they were given the option), this is because with the lack of males, since a lot of stuff would change ahead, they decided that they would need that manpower to help themselves in the future.
In Arc 10
a certain minotaur mixed with Demon King stuff bisects all the limbs of 2 girls, one an adventurer that was left behind by her comrades, the other a Knight order, and all her friends were killed, and the MK wanted to impregnate them with the DK stuff. They were rescued by another character though, however, not before the female Knight was already past good
Well, basically, when it does happen, although I may just be forgetting something, there is no "rape" as sports, but it's for the sake of reproduction. Certainly, they are unwilling, but supposedly, these are for the future of the species. Many works also have such races like Orcs doing that sort of stuff already, be it Orcs or Goblins. But if you are very sensitive to these topics, maybe you shouldn't read this story, this is because, although it's not treated as correct, this is a story that goes a lot into the gray area, and things worse like "MC killing humans" like the adventurers who almost got Zadiris, there is plenty of that.

One thing that is good to remember however, that many people mistake, is that MC's mother was not raped, she was tortured, but rape was not part of it, this is because the one who burned her was a zealous priest
, in fact, some complain that he killed her too fast, which causes problems later on, as Vandalieu's existence is revealed to others related to her death.

@Scynix
I cant recall every instance of rape in the wn to give you an accurate count but there will be more of it in later arcs. This current arc is one of the more rapey part of the story as far as i remember, so if that's a deal breaker, run now. Also the ritual to turn women into ghouls does not involve rape, just burying them alive 😅

@bobios2
Ah well that makes me feel.. Kinda better lol? I mean, if they're only doing it to those that attack them like ssj said that's fine, though the way it was said implies they do it to those who don't attack them either.

I should note I'm not against a 'morally gray' hero but I would rather it be acknowledged more than a passing remark. If you want to have people in your story that we are supposed to root for and they do fucked up things, make it more like Overlord where people suffering at the MC's hand is given proper attention instead of making me do a double take

Dex-chan lover
@Titan224 Sorry if I'm going too long here

Vandalieu does not give punishment to innocent people, in fact, if he sees a soul that wants revenge, he would be more on the side of "Ok, I will help you", he also has no problem killing people, although that's usually focused on people that try to kill him, or people that are serving as obstacles. He won't proactively try to kill people, unless he decides that "they deserve it", and as shown in the village, sometimes, death is just not enough, it's better to make them live while suffering.

The point is more that he doesn't see death as something big like we do, not only this is the attribute he uses, do keep in mind that unlike the usual stories where only special people meet god and that's when it's relevant, he knows that everyone who dies just goes back to revive without memories and stuff.

Unlike Overlord where the character is considered evil but runs on misunderstandings and extreme luck, Vandalieu is the reverse, he is treated as evil because he is insane, his common sense is completely irrational to many others, he is not lucky, in fact, he is more on the unlucky side, but he is an "hard over worker", he is also over protective towards his family and friends, a paranoid towards danger, and "freaky" against his enemies. Think of him being molded over an Horror film character like The Ring's Sadako or The Grudge's white kid.

This is not a Shonen manga, rather, it's a Seinen, it requires you to have your mind open a little to a medieval fantasy swords & magic rules with monsters, multiple races and gods, and not only that, as mentioned at the start, this is the world resulted from a war against the Demon King 100K years ago by the 7 Champions. Don't expect this world to run like Japan, nor expect the MC to try to turn this world into Japan.

The people who burned Darcia did that over their religion, but unlike other stories where there is an excuse of religion being corrupt or some sort of evil master mind who wants to dominate the world, this is not the case here, the religion follows exactly what their God taught them, and more than that, what those old ("Japanese") Champions that survived the Demon King taught, and that's where the fucked up stuff from this world really started.

This is to give you a better idea if you want to continue or not. Although more aimed towards the novel, the Death Mage Subreddit has a FAQ for new readers that are in doubt about what the story will present them, this is because by the summary, one would expect an edgy hero, revenge plot and stuff like that, but the author here likes to subvert many tropes.

I was fine until the ghouls. Like Excuse me? No- fuck off with that- they're literally black lion elf people, ritual transformation? the shit? If it's not sickly green with paralytic claws and gargled hate-speech for the living, or some mary shelly frankenstein folklore mural depiction shit then it ain't no corpse eater? Also-
>Ghouls
>Not eating carrion
YAH NO

Dex-chan lover
@Vuubik I personally apologize that the author chose, rather than consult you and your almighty definition of 'ghoul', that they had the sheer audacity to imagine a fictional creature as something even slightly different

Plot is pretty good so far, but with Van
becoming the ghoul king and the females lusting after him,
I hope this doesn't become repetitive/predictable/boring like Re:Monster has.

Dex-chan lover
T18.jpg
muscle

@Artoramen i read a little bit of the novel and the reviews and sadly that seems to be the case. Anyway i pretty much dropped it when it started good but we got bait and switched to something generic right after

Users who are viewing this thread