Youjo Senki - Vol. 11 Ch. 30 - Devil of the Rhine II

Dex-chan lover
So they're going to have people living in enemy occupied territory do sabotage?
What good is an army that has to rely on regular people like that

Woman might do better, it may be that they have higher mental strength unless it's just the population being lower what affects statistics of PTSD.

Group Leader
@sinkingship
If we're going by ME and Vietnam
i don't think the francois republic has 10 or 20 years to spare for the occupying force to decide to leave

Contributor
Marvelous, as always. It's not often that one'd see such high-quality translations. Makes sense since the manga is so top-notch. Probably one the most well-drawn I've seen. The artist is clearly talented.

@Clewi
One of the most important points is probably that women are more resistant to pain on a physiological level (see: childbirth) and to long-term psychological stress. They cope with the letter, though, by being more prone to panics and having less control over their psyche (in other words, they build up less long-term stress since they pump it out much more often and easier).

So yea, that idea has some actual basis. Though it's not hard to argue it either, since it has obvious cons too.

------

@N0Mi0
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2745644/

"A substantial body of research indicates that women experience greater clinical pain, suffer greater pain-related distress, and show heightened sensitivity to experimentally induced pain compared with men."

Not more resistant, but actually the opposite. They are more sensitive to pain, so the same “amount” of pain is experienced differently by each gender.

esp

I'm fairly certain that going into enemy territory and turning civilians into militia is a warcrime.

Dex-chan lover
@esp Dressing an active combat unit as civilians or in enemy uniforms IS a war crime, as is forceful conscription; however, I don't believe disseminating propaganda or encouraging the civilian population into an uprising is one.

Tanya , SPGs are and essential part of combined arms motorized warfare. Imagine if your artillery can move as fast as the frontline.

Dex-chan lover
@Indigetes too a degree I call bullshit as there are some parts of the male body where nerve endings can be more sensitive than womens. In the paper there is nothing about the release of endorphins, dopamine and serotonin which does affect how one feels pain. What if men tend to release more chemicals when they get hurt compared to women? Maybe it is an evolutionary thing that mens receptors respond to certain changes by what our nerves experience compared to women. I think the research they did is far far to shallow to show any sort of viable result. Hell you comfort a person in pain and it can get lots better even if no improvement was made.

@Grimmycoffee I don't really hate it but I want VishnaxTanya omgggg and I'm too excited for the next chapters!! Will Tanya see through Vianto's recreation of her tactics and foil them?!! AHHHHHHHH!!! And the poor recruits -_-

Banned
If you see lives being thrown away in droves and your first thought is: "I can make money from that" ... you're probably a monster. Just saying.

There are missing pages here after page 52. Sadly I couldn't find a translated version so here's the Raw.
https://loveheaven.net/read-youjo-senki-raw-chapter-30.html

@hokujin

Well after this chapter or was it Chapter 32 as I can see there are no missing translated pages but yeah the earlier chapters have missing untranslated pages. It's sad for me considering this is one of the mangas I really love reading that I re-read it.

Users who are viewing this thread