Youjo Senki - Vol. 19 Ch. 53 - The Intervention Which Was Too Late IV

Aww man, those self-righterous bastards are back again, along with Mary Sue, of course. Oh well,
at least Mary Sue has a fitting end she truly deserves.

Fed-Kun's army
The irony after that long speech from the colonel not to avenge your grudge in a war and the chapter ends with "I WILL AVENGE MY FATHER" LMAOOOOO big red flag indeed 😂😂

And thank you for the double update this week, hohohoho

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chappy!

While I don’t hate Mary Sue, I hate her idea of “My father was killed by the top soldier of the Empire, I’m gonna volunteer and avenge him!”. What about her mother? This is so Mary-Sue-like that I despise it.

Colonel Drake:
Longwinded speech about how chasing after Vengeance in War is a bad Idea, and just putting the Mission first is more important.

Mary:
How ´bout I do it anway?

Fed-Kun's army
@artyom
She will die soon, there is no way she can beat Tanya when all she has is just a blessing but no real combat experience. She is doomed the moment she thinks of revenge for her family.

Double-page supporter
Woah. Thanks for the updates.

Hahaha. Seems like the "States" would be too late coz the hostilities would be winding down by the time they arrive.
Or something like
"I have God on my side." and the response "Killing you would hurt him? Good!" is gonna happen.

Dex-chan lover
A suddenly flood of pages after a pause, what a great Being Xmas present! Thanks so much for the hard work on this great series.

It's played somewhat for humor, but the "coincidences" of 203 vs Albion and the conniptions it gives their intel services is another amusing angle on how real the fog of war is for those on the ground with omniscient reader knowledge or the 20/20 hindsight of history. It can be real hard to genuinely get a picture of what is happening in a theatre, how the enemy is moving/what they're planning, and conversely the view the enemy has of you. Intel and counterintel games can get real convoluted. In fact if the Empire really did have the kind of mole Albion suspects, then normally they very specifically wouldn't have authorized those kinds of operations and coincidences precisely because it'd make a super valuable intelligence source obvious. IRL this was an issue with cracking Enigma, if all of sudden the Allies obviously knew and reacted to everything the Nazis would instantly realize their codes were all cracked. But of course keeping the source 100% secret and unused renders it pointless to have cracked in the first place. When and how to use that sort of thing, very valuable yet very fragile, must cause a lot of gray hairs amongst leadership!

@Karakuri1812
Definitely a red flag and foreshadowing. It's drawing a real contrast with "righteousness" versus professionalism, and maybe also the importance of mentors to shape developing newbies. Even if most of them feel the same emotions, that doesn't mean it's a good idea to give them free reign.

Users who are viewing this thread