Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai

The inevitable '1' ratings are here 😡!! 3 1s in past 2 hours, sure the rating can't climb up to be more than 9.39!!😑

@Darklight99 Yes, I know about that, what I was saying(/wanted to say) is that whenever it reaches 9.40 some people will rate it 1 (Although it was 9.40 for 4-5 hours,but 3 people rated it 1 in next 2 hours) so it comes back to 9.39!!😡
All the series with rating 9.35+ have many 1s, this isn't going to be an exception either🤒.

@chocochoc Yup, they are just to mess up with the ratings. But, the same thing happens with all top-rated mangas so can't say its unfair. There is basically a war for OPM vs Jojo. See the number of 1 ratings they have, if some series gets above them, it is natural for that series to be pushed down.

@me474 Nah man. He's the type that works extra harder than anyone else to get what he wants. With extreme efficiency and thought-out plan, never wasting time and money. And the ending.. It's clear as day on want he's aiming for.
Those Rakugo tickets are clearly not cheap, not to mention his living rent, part-time jobs, and his dream of being an Astronaut. It's out of character for him to waste money and time to hang out with just a mere "friend".

I've been a lurker in this comments' section since the early chapters. I didn't have an account until Chapter 80 and I already wrote many long comments since then.

What really interesting to me is the fact that most of the "men & women of culture" tend to keep their mouth shut until near the end.

If we look at the comments on the early & middle part of this series (both on the individual chapters & the manga as a whole), there are so many pitiable & even annoying comments. So many people misunderstood this manga.

I'm not saying that people should all think the same way at the same time. I simply want to say that it's a fascinating phenomenon.

The writer surely is a good writer who appreciates literature & many things outside literature as well (judging from all the hints & references he/she dropped).

One of my favorite use of reference & hint is the puppet show of "Le Petit Prince" by the handicrafts club. A very nice reference used in a very sweet way. A hint doesn't get any clearer than that.

Also the main inspiration of this manga itself is rakugo, a form of storytelling which focuses on unconventional characters & moral lessons combined with comedy. Just use your head a little and you'll realize that Yugami is a rakugo character. Hoping for a growth into adulthood & a romantic development in a regular way are just silly.

On one chapter Yugami even said himself that he cannot simply come to a conclusion because it's related to his identity. Like, what more can you ask? The writer literally do the explanation for you.

The writer, the editor & their team were doing a very good job. They paid attention to the sequence of dialogues, symbolism, arrangements of panels, etc.

Therefore, it's such a shame for us to miss those hints & references. Not to mention the scanlators were doing a very generous job with the delivery & colorful translations LOL

Dex-chan lover
Ayyo...
Whats going on? Is it the war if the ratings? Other mangas ratings seem to change as well

The one rating for 1 just keep on increasing 🙄 I don't know what's their problem with this one getting top rate 😒

Dex-chan lover
Usually because people doesn't like their favorite manga's ranking position being taken over, sometimes also "just because."

Don't worry about the rating. If you need any consolation, just go to OPM comments section. I believe a true Yugami fans would be entertained and would understand the deliberate 1-ratings. Dunno about Berserk & JoJo fans, but it's quite sad to see if those "adult" manga have childish fans as well. OPM was supposed to be a manga for people who understand or at least, have interests in heroism, power & popularity. It simply fails to educate its target reader.

I binged read this and I couldn't stop until the END..!! My rating for this manga is 10 all the way. Recommended. A totally fun read if you like this genre..!! ♥♥♥ If you don't like this genre.. feel free to leave through the exit door and don't mess with the rating, please.

Dex-chan lover
Farewell, Yugami. I'll be sad to see the genuinely coolest SoL protagonist I've come across go.

Fed-Kun's army
Finally got back to reading this and man, I'm going to miss this manga. I'm glad MangaDex didn't put romance as one of the tags (like other sites did) because coming into this manga expecting major romance development wouldn't be ideal. I'm really going to miss seeing the hilarious, yet fulfilling/heartwarming interactions between Yugami and Chihiro (and all the other characters, too, of course).

Users who are viewing this thread