Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Double-page supporter
I wish there were a separate review system for individual translations/uploads of a manga rather than just the manga itself. This manga has an interesting premise that I’d like to enjoy, but the translation has been unintelligible for the most part. This chapter is so bad that it made me actually leave a comment.

Gonna have to drop this one and wait for either an official release, someone competent who actually understands the slightest English to pick it up, or an anime adaptation.

And as a reminder, groups tend to do scanlations either as a service because they’re passionate about the source material or as a side hustle because they want to get donations/ad revenue from it.
This group doesn’t have a website or kofi being advertised, but they also don’t seem to be passionate about the source material if this is the quality they’re putting out. Which begs the question: who is this even for? Nobody is satisfied with this.

Checking the Credit page, it seems that Yum person is no longer there in chapter 15 when they were previously responsible for QC for chapter 14. I guess that person is the one who is keeping the translation coherent and readable. Hopefully the anime this coming july will bring a huge amount of attention to this series to require a good and up-to-date translation, and of course some donations. Not to discredit the effort of Agni Scans, but chapter 15 was just really bad.

Power Uploader
Checking the Credit page, it seems that Yum person is no longer there in chapter 15 when they were previously responsible for QC for chapter 14. I guess that person is the one who is keeping the translation coherent and readable. Hopefully the anime this coming july will bring a huge amount of attention to this series to require a good and up-to-date translation, and of course some donations. Not to discredit the effort of Agni Scans, but chapter 15 was just really bad.
That is not the case, all the QC changes for chapter 14 were cut down by me and Yum edited them for 14.1 and Nandai for 14.2 as I don't have access to PS, And on this release they decided to skip QC all together because I was delaying it cause I was busy irl and still credited QC...

We'll be redoing chapter 15...

Also we don't take donations as far as I know.

I admit it's really mind f-ing, especially for this chap. Tho I don't think the tls deserve this much...

Let's not be self entitled guys unless we're paying them, they owe us, or if we really reached something great.

I know it might've spoiled the series itself but if you can't really take it then don't read this tl's uploads. For me at the very least, this gives me some idea on what are happening than nothing at all, atleast it saves me the effort of doing MTL for each bubble or smth...

TL might not be that knowledgeable or passionate but either way at the very least, they have the initiative to do smth.

Tho this is just my opinion, hope u guys have a great day.

Thank goodness I had read the LN before, otherwise, I don't think I wouldn't have any idea what they were talking about.
As much as I want to thank the translators, please do not translate unless you guys are professionals or at least understand the language you are translating from at a good level, and please proofread them and match them with the native language, there is Grammarly available for free, yk? Otherwise... well, you have already seen your result, Unreadable.

Can anybody please summarize this chapter for me? I tries it when It first was uploaded and I tried reading it again today but I can't. It's not making any sense.

Supporter
The credits for one of the QC is me but I haven't done anything...

I was delaying the release because I have been busy irl and haven't gotten the time to QC it, it takes a while given the rough work so they decided to... upload without it :salute:

We'll be doing a re-release after I QC the chapter...
FWIW, I used to PR for AgniScans on this series. It basically required re-translating. Unfortunately, both chapters I PR'd on, the typesetter used the raw TL instead of the PR doc. It was bad enough when they refused to fix it the first time, but I left after they refused on the second chapter as well. The TL is MTL garbage and any proofreader hoping to fix it is just going to have to re-do the translation.

Power Uploader
FWIW, I used to PR for AgniScans on this series. It basically required re-translating. Unfortunately, both chapters I PR'd on, the typesetter used the raw TL instead of the PR doc. It was bad enough when they refused to fix it the first time, but I left after they refused on the second chapter as well. The TL is MTL garbage and any proofreader hoping to fix it is just going to have to re-do the translation.
Yea this one was particularly more worse than the other one so I just didn't feel like doing it after going through a few pages and the headache it gives

Page 1

Bubble1: First off, I apologize for eavesdropping to your conversation with your big sis.

Thought1: For some reason, these two seem to be upset, so scary...

Bubble2: Truth is, we've been looking for you and followed you to the rooftop.

Bubble3: Oh, I see | Well, I don't mind

Bubble4: R-Right ...sorry

(this where it's hard to translate because i don't know how to make the pun)
Bubble5: That's why, Ai-chi today... look troubled, right?

Bubble6: Yup. Today too, she look dangerously cute!

Scribble: That's not what I mean

Bubble7: Wait Ai-chi! I'm going to tell him!

Bubble8: ......D-Do as you please?

Page 2

B1: I do really want to tell him myself but,
If that's the case, then Ai-chi will end up not saying anything!

B2: Ugh.....

T1: It's rare for these two to speak harshly to each other

B3: Well, about being in a bad mood, certainly it feels different than usual.

B4: ......

B5: O-ow~...... My back hurts.......

B6: Ugh......

Ok this is only the page 1 & 2, actually this is page 2 & 3 in the raw.
In the bubble 5 & 6 the word 'troubled ' and 'dangerously' should be almost the same meaning, I mean same word but different meaning, but I can't find a word that fit.
Well anyway, I'd loved to translate this, but this is beyond my knowledge of japanese.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Looks like I have to drop the manga and wait for the anime.
My brain size is very small to understand it.

Dex-chan lover
I was on page 6, and had to double check with comment section whether I was high on imaginary weed or the TL is just this horrible. Good to know it's the latter

Dex-chan lover
Untitled-3.png

Users who are viewing this thread