Yuukyuu no Gusha Asley no, Kenja no Susume: to, Pochi no Daibouken

Dex-chan lover
It’s been awhile so can someone remind me, did the elixir thingie Asley and Pochi imbibed make them unable to die totally or just unable to die of old age?

Fed-Kun's army
@ricenipple the dog gets even thiccer. Like a black whole doesn’t even compare to Pochie’s THICC.

Otherwise, ‘nothing’ really happens. U could just skip the long texts.

Group Leader
This starts like MC is OP, but slowly turns into a story where MC isn't OP

I like the story but no OP MC action turns me off a bit

Dex-chan lover
@JustNatsuki

I get the impression he is kinda like a lower baseline batman. As prep time approaches infinity, his success rate approaches 100. He isn’t necessarily strong in the moment but with an eternal lifespan and great intellect he can achieve any goal.

Rhis manga should get at least 9 stars...
It's been a while since I read manga with balance story.
Comedy... check
Adventure... check
Harem... check
Cute mascot... check
Story... good

The only reason I can think why it gets below 9 is: it is a slow pace manga.

Not every chapters have its action, many conversation.

But in perspective, its conversation is building the main plot, making you want to wait for the next chapter.

One chapter has a good decent reading time which I love about it.

these orc's are uuuh wild beast ? this is so wierd judging by their look it's almost like they are civilized peoples with actual intelegence that could give them right to be like every other demi humans.. unless in this univers the idea of "humman supremacy" is too big to give again another shity vision of humans but damn it's strange i'm confused i swear on one of the pannel i could almost find them in Kamurochô somewhere in a back alley

1524141161-1656-capture-d-ecran.jpg

@Haggard
As far as monsters go
All monsters on the world are extensions of the demon king and his kin, they are more mindless soldiers than actual peoples with the only "monsters" showing any form of intelligence being demonkind and they make it explicitly clear they want to treat everyone else as livestock. The only reason they look civilized in any way is the demons shape them as such.

@jrohrer13
hmm i see looking at things that way you have points, it must be the design then that uncanny feeling won't go any sooner anyway

Took me awhile to pick this one up because of how hard the first chapter was to read because of the layout. But this quickly became one of my favorite series. Looking forward to more

Dex-chan lover
i can't see how exactly this is rated so high. nothing ever happens. the story goes nowhere. there is no plot. no aim. no purpose. the characters are cardboard cutouts and all of them have the personality depth of a sheet of paper. and the series tries too hard to explain its dumb magic system or whatever as if anyone cares.

it's just...bad. in no way does it deserve 8.3 rating.

Double-page supporter
I'm surprised by how good this is after reading the description, was expecting the standard isekai deal where someone with incredible cheat powers fucks around in a fantasy high school and makes all the little girls fawn over him.
It's even a bit deep every now and then, the relationship with his familiar is also great.

@assman162
nothing ever happens. the story goes nowhere. there is no plot. no aim. no purpose.
Slow build up is key for 'fish out of the water' stories like this otherwise there's not really any point to the setup. Also you're just wrong, multiple long-term goals are brought up as early as chapter 1.
Goals laid bare in chapter 1:
Get rid of the 'Fool' title, find out about 'Hermit Candidate' title, look into the Witchcraft tournament (maybe refers to the Familiar tournament mentioned later?) and explore the 'Demon King's Bosom' labyrinth.
That's 4, then chapter 2 introduces the existence of a magic academy. Further ones are brought up as the story progresses but I've made my point. Chapter 11 especially adds a whole new layer to the world building.
the characters are cardboard cutouts and all of them have the personality depth of a sheet of paper.
I'd disagree but it appears you only skimmed the first chapter before dropping it so I can see why you got that impression.

and the series tries too hard to explain its dumb magic system or whatever as if anyone cares.
Magic is a major plot point, I'd be disappointed if it was simply glossed over. The detail in which it is described is pretty high but it's not exactly complex and hard to follow.

Dex-chan lover
@Degernase

frankly we just have different tastes i guess. i'm too jaded on anime and manga in general and can't be arsed about slow buildups or whatever, if you're a good writer you'll write something gripping from the first few chapters and not ass around, writing a decent beginning takes skill and giving writers a free pass on it is just stupid.

and the goals...here is the thing: having goals doesn't mean they are interesting, which is what I had meant. in Berserk, the goal is to save casca and maybe kill griffith. it's gripping 'cuz the characters are interesting and the manga makes you give a shit. some vague-ass goal existing doesn't really make it interesting or worthy of caring.

in mushoku, the mc tries to protect the people important to him, and then his greatest ally, a god, betrays him, and he has to ally with his worst enemy to defeat said god and protect his family in any way possible. you care because the characters are introduced well, actually have some depth even if superficial (this manga has absolutely 0), and you see the effects of said characters in meaningful ways that make you give a shit. the goals have stakes and risks and you care 'cuz it's about interesting people.

in this manga the goal is...exploring some dungeon, apparently? becoming the arch mage? why is there any reason to care about this? the mc has 0 personality, why should I root for him? why do I care if he is an archmage or whatever the F it is? the worldbuilding is pathetic too. the "culture" or the world itself really, is just your generic isekai would-be-western video-gamey world. there is nothing unique about it in any shape or form. mushoku tensei or overlord at least does the worldbuilding part a lot better, even if they have their own flaws.

and I read about halfway of what is released...so I didn't just leave it at the beginning. I still think the characters are cardboard as hell. the best example is the loli-teacher which is just a tsun pedo-bait. she is so boring. 0 depth. there is nothing to any of the characters beyond what you see on the surface, they have 1 defining characteristic and that is literally it.

is it better than your average harem isekai? maybe.

is it good fiction compared to something even remotely good? nah. isekai in general is just a terrible genre with very low standards, so low in fact that we just look at anything with a modicum of effort spent into it as masterpieces.

can't expect much from a genre made for dumb self insert power fantasies and pure escapism. even the best isekais like mushoku or overlord or re:zero are mediocre fiction at best, and terrible at worst.

for this series to even stand a chance the mc needs to have a personality other than "i have power and i help ppl i am also oblivious somewhat". dude's apparently 5k years old which would be an interesting character trait but he doesn't show it in any meaningful form. booooriiiiiing.

Double-page supporter
@assman162
frankly we just have different tastes i guess. i'm too jaded on anime and manga in general and can't be arsed about slow buildups or whatever, if you're a good writer you'll write something gripping from the first few chapters and not ass around, writing a decent beginning takes skill and giving writers a free pass on it is just stupid.
I love magic, especially the intricacies of it and the underlying world building an author can tie it together with. So you could say that I'm biased right from the start and even though I wrote that the buildup is slow it doesn't mean that it's inherently a bad thing, to me the story was gripping right from the start and it kept getting better.
and the goals...here is the thing: having goals doesn't mean they are interesting, which is what I had meant. in this manga the goal is...exploring some dungeon, apparently? becoming the arch mage? why is there any reason to care about this?
You're right, I don't care too much about them (though what's revealed in chapter 11 is very intriguing) but they're not the 'true' goals, rather they're means to an end.
He needs to set out and see the world in order get a new perspective on things, having been holed up all that time has had its mental toll whether he wants to admit it or not. The initial goals are just things that he "might as well look into" if leaving his hole, as is made clear in chapter 1. Curiosity and furthering his understanding appear to be the actual driving forces.
I still think the characters are cardboard as hell. the best example is the loli-teacher which is just a tsun pedo-bait. she is so boring. 0 depth.
I'll admit that she's the best example of that but the other characters are at worst still serviceable as side-characters and I really enjoy both the MC and his familiar.
the world itself really, is just your generic isekai would-be-western video-gamey world. there is nothing unique about it in any shape or form. mushoku tensei or overlord at least does the worldbuilding part a lot better, even if they have their own flaws.
I haven't read Mushoku Tensei but Overlord feels much more like an "isekai would-be-western video-gamey world" with how extremely overt its game system is and Ein's repeated inner reflection of "Huh so this is similar/not similar to the MMORPG". This manga feels more toned down in regards to focusing on RPG interfaces and lvls, the setting is also closer to a more classical western fantasy (relatively speaking) than Overlord.
But don't get me wrong, I really like Overlord as well.
for this series to even stand a chance the mc needs to have a personality other than "i have power and i help ppl i am also oblivious somewhat". dude's apparently 5k years old which would be an interesting character trait but he doesn't show it in any meaningful form. booooriiiiiing.
He shut himself out from everything for such a long time that he doesn't really consider himself human anymore. It's not that he's exactly oblivious, he actually comes off as quite observant but to him everything from societal structures to interpersonal relations and emotions feel foreign or even strange. He's not the altruistic hero archetype if you look deeper into his motivations/personality as opposed to looking at his actions and taking them at face value. It's more like he's trying to find himself and understand the world but lacking a distinct plan while doing so, he gets thrown into various situations and goes with the flow of things but in a somewhat detached manner as if he's more of an observer rather than someone that tries to right a wrong.

Dex-chan lover
Did this get drop? Haven't been a new chapter in over 3 months and chapter 30 had already been out

Users who are viewing this thread