Yuukyuu no Gusha Asley no, Kenja no Susume - Vol. 6 Ch. 35

Dex-chan lover
Idk i think Fireballing pimps would be the right answer in this case.

Dex-chan lover
@Avrune
While I do agree with you having something to eat, a roof to take shelter and a bed to sleep is already better than living in the streets and they not only have those but also a job to look forward to with training being provided to them and even though that job is not a well seen by others what they are learning there could be used to work in other places where one has to deal with the public, like working in a bar or hotel or some store or a maid... if they ever get to leave that is.

Dex-chan lover
@Mahtan If the girls chose this for their futures, then Asley would not have minded, most likely. He's all about freedoms, and he doesn't care about sacrificing himself to free those in need from being unable to make decisions for their own situation. It's a repeat of the first town he came to, but with a different reason behind it, in other words.

Dex-chan lover
@Amariithynar
I have no problem with what he is doing, my problem is with what he is saying to justify doing it.
Asley way of looking at it is wrong, just that. If what he is trying to do is right or not is not for me to judge as there is no objective way of deciding that.

I can't see why he need to do this. If he sell it to the country in long run he can save more or even save them even a bit late.

Dex-chan lover
I guess I do appreciate how they make this a complex and messy problem with no easy solution even with all the power of the centuries.

Using Irene as the intermediary to get the funds certainly...is a solution, but it doesn't really stop the problem, which is the fact that the industry exists and, in fact, prospers. Especially if he's going to put money into it.
Well...a short-term solution to the short-term problem in front of him right now, I guess. The systematic solution will be something else he can tackle with the power of infinite time.

To be honest, I was expecting him to sell his spacial magic en masse so the logistical luxury that provides compensates for the economic slump he's planning to indirectly cause.

Dex-chan lover
Those prices seem kind of nuts. They're not high class courtesans.

Dex-chan lover
@Ironclad He took Irene's advice on how to best deal with the situation. This chapter cuts out some of his inner monologuing on how to solve the issue, but it'll become apparent in the following couple of chapters.

His idea is to basically make an orphanage/school that prepares the bought girls (it has 24+ individual rooms) for adventuring jobs. Asley is using most of the 10 mil to buy multiple girls, not just the three you'd seen in the previous chapter. The girls then go an earn him money so he can buy more girls, thus continuously cucking the child traffickers as long as Asley is in town.

@shira952 Imagine if you had alien technology and wanted to sell it to the US Government directly. You'd be getting a lot of questions, and you'd become a person of interest to intelligence agencies. You wouldn't be able to leave the public's eye and do some private road-tripping. That's why Asley is selling it to someone who is already a person of interest. Basically, it'd be the equivalent of if you sold the technology to Elon Musk for $4 billion. Musk is already a person of interest and an international superstar, with several R&D companies working for him. It wouldn't be too suspicious if he created alien-like spacecraft, what with Space X and all that. Then Musk could sell the tech to NASA and the Feds for tens of billions in returns.

@Hades3x Said pimps are legal, law-abiding citizens that pay taxes. What you're saying is the equivalent of just murdering shady multi-millionaires. Sure, they're probably guilty of some unsavory things, but you'd still be legally in the wrong, even if you specifically took out Jeffrey Epstein or Harvey Weinstein

Fed-Kun's army
Nevermind [edited/deleted my comment], since my question was already answered below.

Dex-chan lover
@Joonhas
I just don't buy it that those prostitutes freedom would be so expensive.
It's equivalent to 2x their yearly earnings, iirc. Assuming that the average person earns 1,200 gold a year, the child prostitutes are probably bringing in 20k a year. That's 40k for each, or 120k in total for the three of them. S-rank requests, which take a party of S-class heroes, usually pay out 100 - 400 grand, but that's split between your entire party, and you're in stiff competition with the 6 Braves/6 Archmages for them, as well as other powerful individuals. The members of the Duodecad Conference (6 Braves/Archmages) each receive a salary in the millions per year, if Irene is anything to go by. Oh, and the society is a feudal kingdom, with plenty of rich noblemen.

And yeah, the author never really puts a pricetag on items. It's for the better, though, because price scaling takes away from the mystique of the world. It's better left unsaid.

Dex-chan lover
@Assaultsquirt well even if he is legally in the wrong, he has much less to lose and would be very unlike to be even detained, even if prosecuted, no criminal catcher is strong enough to get him. But would he be prosecuted? No way, in this world were power= authority, his backer would never let him waste time in a cell. The law bends to those with power. Even with a ridge legal system where justice is "blind" he would simply outlive any sentence bestowed upon him. As I said he has much less to lose than those children he would be saving. That covers the legal argument as for the moral argument, you can't there is no counter-argument to be had. The morally correct thing to do is Fireball the pimps.

Dex-chan lover
He is only buying the ones who don't willfully want to be there. Their economy should be highly dependent on hookers and brothels. Bussiness shouldn't go down much if all the young girls are bought or that place has a problem lol.

Dex-chan lover
As @GrimGriefer said, suddenly pouring 10'000'000 gold coin into the slave industry, making it the most lucrative trade in the history of ever, doesn't look like an effective way to prevent said trade.
Also, if 10'000'000 is a sum that the teacher has readily available, then it is by far not enough to solve a social issue on the national scale.

Dex-chan lover
@AssaultSquirt I think a lot of people would rather be whores than murderhobos though. Not to mention the brothels will just raise their asking prices and parents will continue to sell off their children. No amount of handwaving is going to stop people from gambling their families into debt.

Thanks for the chapter!

Don't think him offering to sell her the spell for 10 mil is going to work. Doubt she has that much money to throw around and likely would've offered if did. Although if took offer to the college they might be willing to buy it off him. Although she had a reason for asking him if he this was a temporary measure as what he needed was a permanent one that could be used consistently. Although agree there won't be a shortage of stupid, idiotic, or desperate people selling themselves or their children off.

Granted the kids are being overworked but they probably, at least at the more reputable establishments, have a roof over their heads, warmth during the cold season, clothes, and fairly consistent meals if for no other reason then to avoid disgusting the paying customers. After all, let's say he buys the freedom of about 100 women and children. He's going to need some place(s) for them to live, get enough food to avoid starving, clothes so have something to wear other than what's on their backs, and preferably have a way to earn enough income to help cover costs. Worst case they'll be unable to earn income or expect him to provide everything so he'll run himself ragged just with basic maintenance costs. Hence the need for a permanent reusable method rather than a temporary quick fix. Otherwise they'll end up back where they started with no seniority or worse conditions or somewhere more black (as in black companies) just to survive.

Group Leader
I can hear redrawer's tears drop from the distance

Thanks for the chapter

Users who are viewing this thread