Yuusha Densetsu no Uragawa de Ore wa Eiyuu Densetsu o Tsukurimasu: Oudou Goroshi no Eiyuutan~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
Dark-Scans already uploaded all chapters of volume 1(?) on their site. Is it still ongoing and will there be more chapters?

Dex-chan lover
While I don't believe they should ignore the request for help, when your volunteer based employment starts demanding immediate deployment to a required assignment, it might be time to find a better work environment. Or there better be an amazing ammount of hazard pay.

Dex-chan lover
"Based" Villager mindsets in the countryside though, Goblin Slayer approves honorary fellow member of the "Bad Goblins Must Die" Club

Now, get ready for this next upcoming arc or so as Yukina get Princess Aina to also fall for him as the third female, after the "Castle Defense" against a demon (and suddenly a dragon for Gram's next trick lel)

:aquadrink::aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
While I don't believe they should ignore the request for help, when your volunteer based employment starts demanding immediate deployment to a required assignment, it might be time to find a better work environment. Or there better be an amazing ammount of hazard pay.
Fairly sure there was a part of the contract for higher-ranked ones that they can get obligatory emergency requests (which they can decline in return for a penalty). At least it is a standard for the isekai (even isekai without any isekai) setting.

It is why it's usually best to settle for somewhere around D or C rank in those guilds.

Dex-chan lover
It's always funny seeing other stories go full Goblin Slayer for a bit.

Dex-chan lover
While there's clearly something else going on to make this somewhat out of the ordinary (which they only thought of afterwards), it feels really goofy to me to have the person most knowledgeable about goblins being someone who's not even from the world, and is basing their knowledge entirely on earth-fiction goblins. I'll buy that maybe mercs don't know much about goblin ecology typically, but the guild itself should absolutely know about goblin ecology and have made the quest the correct priority, rather than having the only person in the room smart enough to deal with it be the MC.

The trope of "goblins are actually horrific menaces capable of wiping out entire towns but nobody cares because their brain un-wrinkles as soon as they hear the word 'goblin' so they just shrug them off" has always made me roll my eyes a bit.

(edit: Clarified below, but I forgot this isn't actually isekai. So it makes sense why he might have legitimate goblin knowledge, but the "people shouldn't be so dumb about goblins, especially the guild administration" point still fits, imo)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Looks like a scared cat on page 5.

Yeah, while some monsters aren't a problem for adventurers, they usually attack villages that aren't nearly as proficient in combat. But it's kind of weird to not have proper preparations for that. A culture where a village is that easily wiped out isn't going to last long.

I don't think those are good travel clothes. Though it's not a bad travel pout.

If they were about to break the door, the door should look far more battered. Unless she meant they were going to start breaking the door down.

I don't think these goblins are organised enough to fall into chaos if the commander is killed. They're already rather chaotic. Lose their confidence and hesitate to continue attacking, on the other hand, I can see.

Fast and decisive is the name of the battle.

Why is he checking if he can move his left arm? Wasn't it his right that got hurt in the throw?

Yep, gotta help her recharge after that heal.

So if that goblin spread is unusual and outside how they normally organise their defences, it makes much more sense.

At least that order came with replacement mercs to fight the goblin nest. Otherwise it would've been a bit on the iffy side.

Fairly sure there was a part of the contract for higher-ranked ones that they can get obligatory emergency requests (which they can decline in return for a penalty). At least it is a standard for the isekai (even isekai without any isekai) setting.

It is why it's usually best to settle for somewhere around D or C rank in those guilds.
Those higher ranked adventurers usually do get some privileges out of it, though. Sometimes better or free access to facilities, sometimes they don't have to do any requests to remain at their rank (lower ranked ones usually have some quota to fill to remain as adventurers or at their rank), and sometimes just a better pay.

So it's a tradeoff. Otherwise it's just dumb, although some isekais are just dumb.

Dex-chan lover
it feels really goofy to me to have the person most knowledgeable about goblins being someone who's not even from the world, and is basing their knowledge entirely on earth-fiction goblins.
My memory could be failing me, but I'm pretty sure that the guy is a native. At least, I don't remember anything about this being an isekai. I do agree that the explanation should go to, say, the succubus instead of the adventurer, but hey, what can you do.

Dex-chan lover
My memory could be failing me, but I'm pretty sure that the guy is a native. At least, I don't remember anything about this being an isekai. I do agree that the explanation should go to, say, the succubus instead of the adventurer, but hey, what can you do.
Fair, looking at the tags I guess this isn't really isekai. It's been a while, so I assumed he + the brave coming from the "same countryside village" was their japan excuse. But yeah, that doesn't change the rest much, the guild + everyone should still be more wary of goblins, even if he has legitimate knowledge as a countryside resident (who may know because of less guild intervention).

Dex-chan lover
... am i hallucinating again? I feel like this chapter was already uploaded months ago...

Dex-chan lover
Those higher ranked adventurers usually do get some privileges out of it, though. Sometimes better or free access to facilities, sometimes they don't have to do any requests to remain at their rank (lower ranked ones usually have some quota to fill to remain as adventurers or at their rank), and sometimes just a better pay.

So it's a tradeoff. Otherwise it's just dumb, although some isekais are just dumb.
It's always dumb, pretty much no matter the perk offered.
And usually the only perks are "bragging rights", "more money rewards on all quests so guild takes smaller cuts" (common), "authority (ie over other adventurers or crossing borders, or use of facilities or access to intel)" (common, the first usually only extending to "leader role in multi-party quests"), "lower or no quota" (quotas are rare, and makes little sense in most settings), and "access to higher rank quests" (common, but rarely a penalty for doing the quest anyway, so can just use a higher-ranked as middleman or forego the reward from the guild and treat it as regular "standing bounty" subjugation quests, or selling materials. Also nothing stops you from making a deal with the ppl giving the guild the quests).

Pretty much only perks that truly makes it worth it, are ones like System-authority for better classes etc., and the removal of quotas (so you can retire).

Dex-chan lover
"but yukina-sama how are you so knowledgeable about goblin ecology?"
i read goblin slayer

Users who are viewing this thread