Yuusha Goikkou no Kaerimichi

That a beautiful manga ! I don't know what to say because nothing can describe it I think.

Regarding two different translations:
These 2 translations/interpretations are so different from each other that I actually had to read them side by side in order to confidently interpret the story. Having 2 contrasting translations is, in a way, an advantage because I can tell how ambiguous the speech can be in Japanese. However, the translations disagree with each other in some panels that are critical to interpreting Nina's perspective and personality.

If you read them side by side you'll quickly get at what I'm trying to say. I'm not gonna list things, but here's a (not so good) example:

Last page, translation A:
And thus the girl is on her way home.
Last page, translation B:
And thus, the girl walks down the road back home.

In my opinion, one of these sounds sounds like the girl is able to fulfill her wish of embarking on a homeward journey that never ends. The other feels like its saying she will actually reach what she considers a "home".

Basically, go read both translations and compare them to understand how ambiguous Japanese may be and pick the option that you like more. If you only read one translation you might end up with some slightly murky points in your understanding of the plot and character... or maybe it may make perfect sense to you.

That said, I am so grateful for these translations.

Please don't quote me on anything I say here, I'm not an expert and I can't read Japanese. ^_^

Also, this manga reminds me of Saihate no Paladin.

Fed-Kun's army
I started reading knowing fully what to expect (I read the spoiler), but I was still unprepared for the feel. I couldn’t finish reading this in one sitting because I started crying midway. I also cried when I finished. This is freaking sad. I know this is a fantasy, but it made me think of those who lost their lives in a war and those who are left behind.

Definitely a must-read. Just prepare to cry like a bitch.

Contributor
This story could have gone in a few different directions to lean into the tragedy. I'm glad it didn't.

dang bro they had me in the first half not gonna lie. but dang they didn't have to hit that deep...

Fed-Kun's army
25b.jpg

Dude...

Dex-chan lover
Ugh, I knew it be something hard to take when I saw the tragedy tags but.. shit.

Users who are viewing this thread