Yuusha Party o Oida Sareta Kiyou Binbou - Ch. 15.3

Supporter
Just to be clear, I'm not really going to pick this up.
I had two hours to spare, saw the translated chapter for this (or butchered, more like) and decided to re-do it.
Enjoy, or don't. Eh, I'll keep reading the raws tbh.
Can you please though? I read the other one first and thought I’d check and it was night and day. No disrespect intended to the other translator but I couldn’t understand it without having to take a bit to rework sentences in my head. This was much more pleasant to read

Dex-chan lover
ooohh... A translation that doesn't require advanced Singrish-Fu and which doesn't make your eyes and ears bleed...

@PureDisgust Much appreciated. :)

Y'know... The worst part about the RightDark butchering is that there are very decent MTL's out there who are transparent about the use of it, and who do their level best to give us poor MoonRune-deficient readers a shot at reading this stuff.
Not "perfect", but at least no worse than the stuff we had to endure through the mid-'80s/'90's/00's when Manga/Anime was picking up, and translations in any language was.... Haphazard, or US-American Censored...
If you could find anything at all.....

There's nothing like a translation made by a group/solo proficient in Moonrunes and [target language], but MTL has its place, and there's people that use it who really do try and grow/deliver.
But setups like RightDark piss all over them and give them a bad rep.
And that is...vexing...

As-is.. I do believe this RightDark "attempt" should be removed by MD.
Not because it's MTL, but because the result of it doesn't make the Quality requirement, which has been proven to be entirely possible by others.
And as with manual translations.. As peoples' skills improve, the bar gets raised. And RightDark... Yeah.... doesn't clear it, by a bit of a margin.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
mid-'80s/'90's/00's when Manga/Anime was picking up, and translations in any language was.... Haphazard, or US-American Censored...
I try and forget those times.
Some of the best anime/manga came out during those times.....some of the worst localizations.....

Dex-chan lover
I prefer this tl. It didn't degrade my brain cells.
1x.webp
Thank you for the 5.3 chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Sadly, I can't fully appreciate this effort because I won't be reading the bad translation, so this ends up being a jump of a few chapters.
From the quick glance I did this was significantly better than the RightDark version. One tricky thing with a single part is seeing if there's a built-up lexicon or just haphazard consistency. That was certainly a hallmark of the bad translation. The guild and names kept changing every time it was translated.

Dex-chan lover
ooohh... A translation that doesn't require advanced Singrish-Fu and which doesn't make your eyes and ears bleed...

@PureDisgust Much appreciated. :)

Y'know... The worst part about the RightDark butchering is that there are very decent MTL's out there who are transparent about the use of it, and who do their level best to give us poor MoonRune-deficient readers a shot at reading this stuff.
Not "perfect", but at least no worse than the stuff we had to endure through the mid-'80s/'90's/00's when Manga/Anime was picking up, and translations in any language was.... Haphazard, or US-American Censored...

There's nothing like a translation made by a group/solo proficient in Moonrunes and [target language], but MTL has its place, and there's people that use it who really do try and grow/deliver.
But setups like RightDark piss all over them and give them a bad rep.
And that is...vexing...

As-is.. I do believe this RightDark "attempt" should be removed by MD.
Not because it's MTL, but because the result of it doesn't make the Quality requirement, which has been proven to be entirely possible by others.
And as with manual translations.. As peoples' skills improve, the bar gets raised. And RightDark... Yeah.... doesn't clear it, by a bit of a margin.
...and if RightDark is reading, I hope you please take note.

Though I did say before that I appreciated your improvements compared to when you first appeared, I was at least hoping you wouldn't stop improving. This particular chapter, even against the rest of your mass-release, has to be one of the worst since your first appearance as a group, and from the look of the thread, many people have similar reactions. We appreciate translations for making it readable for non-speakers of the OG language, but readable should not be limited to only allowing us to look at the text and recognize that the words are in English.

Users who are viewing this thread