Yajin Tensei: Karate Survivor in Another World - Vol. 6 Ch. 37 - Clockwise Devil

Dex-chan lover
I really love the depictions of fighting in this manga. Pragmatism and strategy all around. With the knife, it's stabbing the neck and other vital points, with fists as well :kreygasm:

Dex-chan lover
My impression from translating, is that Paul was insulted because Yajin punished his underling for not showing any self discipline. Then during the fight, Yajin completely holds back and targets just Paul's eye - showing off excatly how disciplined he is in comparison to Paul. So the fight was less about combat power, and more about self discipline.

It's not really clear from the panels. He could have ducked low, or spun around behind Paul. Either way, smashing his eye in was like a second level feint to make Paul think an attack was coming from the right.
Edit: Or duh, the chapter name is Clockwise Devil, so I guess that's our answer.

I thought this was really a corker of a chapter!
I think he simply took advantage of their lack of knowledge on martial arts.

The jab is the fastest attack a human can do, yet because it lacks power people in this arena though that what he was doing was fighting like a child, while he on the otherhand was targeting the right eye (especially when he was lucky enough to end up against a right handed fighter).

If he used all of his energy while still inside the enemies lair, he could easily be overwhelmed by that guy underlings, instead by beating him up with "weak" punches, they now fear him

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
He's just doomed to keep running into meatheads and scumbags... Why is surviving in town seemingly harder than living in the wild among beasts?
I'm pretty sure he's the meathead and the scumbag in this case, and MC is going to be running into assholes all day territory soon not realizing that he's the asshole. Hopefully, he figures out that his behavior in the first town is not appropriate as he travels as that place seems to have been a hive of criminals.

Dex-chan lover
Because of existing power structures. Unfortunately he's in the business of violence, even if it's supposed to be mostly against beasts/monsters. But in practice the same people who are great at fighting monsters, would also be great at fighting other people. Since they are good at it, violence ultimately is their way of solving difficult problems, including who's the boss.

If he wanted another kind of environment, he should either get employed by a noble, who holds unquestionable authority and thus the ranks remain straight. Or he could chance upon a remote village in a desperate need of a protector. He would automatically become the guard captain and would only need to face external threats.

If you have forgotten, he already once punched a noble's face back then. He's pretty much a wanted man even in high society.

Dex-chan lover
If you have forgotten, he already once punched a noble's face back then. He's pretty much a wanted man even in high society.
Now that you mentioned it, he has. Doesn't the continent have more countries, though? In another country, it wouldn't probably be a problem.

Dex-chan lover
I really love the depictions of fighting in this manga. Pragmatism and strategy all around. With the knife, it's stabbing the neck and other vital points, with fists as well :kreygasm:
This is the serious version of Isekai Ojisan. Both are outcasts in another world.

Isekai Ojisan focused on parodies and SEGA while this is all about kill, kill, kill.

Dex-chan lover
Because of existing power structures. Unfortunately he's in the business of violence, even if it's supposed to be mostly against beasts/monsters. But in practice the same people who are great at fighting monsters, would also be great at fighting other people. Since they are good at it, violence ultimately is their way of solving difficult problems, including who's the boss.

If he wanted another kind of environment, he should either get employed by a noble, who holds unquestionable authority and thus the ranks remain straight. Or he could chance upon a remote village in a desperate need of a protector. He would automatically become the guard captain and would only need to face external threats.
The only issue is other than the guys breaking down monsters he hasn't been welcome anywhere he has been so he has never had the chance to even try to lead a peaceful life. The closest he's come has been this town and now the adventurers are gonna make it hell for him.

Users who are viewing this thread