Maou ni Natta node, Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono suru - Ch. 67.1

Dex-chan lover
Yes. I was just talking to myself, trying to delude myself into believing that this wouldn't go the harem route. I'm not the greatest fan of harem. There are a few series where it was more carefully and slowly built to work, but most of the time it's nothing but a flimsy trope.
All hope isn't gone, I've seen harem content that only has the "harem" tag because there's a lot of women surrounding the MC, but the MC has only one girlfriend/wife and isn't in any kind of relationship with the rest beyond platonic friends.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, sure, it's an emotional scene, but can this guy please find something cooler to wear than a plain t-shirt, cargo pants, and sandals? This still bothers me.
No, he can't. He is terminally fashion impaired. I think later on there is some nonsense excuse from him about armor, that his body is more durable than any armor he could get, ignoring he has a renewable supply of the hardest dragon scales in the world living with him.

Dex-chan lover
Teasing her first thing. Well, she is fine, so getting her mood back up is a good idea.

How nice of the potion to clean up all the blood as well.

That's the kind of "owwww" that hurts the spirit more than the body. And doesn't actually hurt.

This is going to be WAY too messy for a young sword to watch.
I think she can handle it, though. Remember where she came from.

Yes. I was just talking to myself, trying to delude myself into believing that this wouldn't go the harem route. I'm not the greatest fan of harem. There are a few series where it was more carefully and slowly built to work, but most of the time it's nothing but a flimsy trope.
Just going to say I agree in general with harem stories (which I've mentioned elsewhere), and I like this story. Not going to say more, because I don't like talking about spoilers with people who don't ask for them, with very few exceptions.

Dex-chan lover
Teasing her first thing. Well, she is fine, so getting her mood back up is a good idea.

How nice of the potion to clean up all the blood as well.

That's the kind of "owwww" that hurts the spirit more than the body. And doesn't actually hurt.

I think she can handle it, though. Remember where she came from.

Just going to say I agree in general with harem stories (which I've mentioned elsewhere), and I like this story. Not going to say more, because I don't like talking about spoilers with people who don't ask for them, with very few exceptions.
In that case, can you spoil me?

Dex-chan lover
In that case, can you spoil me?
The main reason I think it's fine is because it's more about them all being a family. Doesn't matter if it's a wife, daughter, pet, or super maid. They're all a tight-knit and loving family.

Short version, they all get married. Well, the adults. It doesn't change that much except that they do some more couple stuff rather than family stuff, including actual child making. It's a real harem where everyone is encouraging it, not a fake manga harem with a bunch of girls orbiting around a guy. Though I still prefer to call it just a big family, since that's predominantly how they're acting. I have some issues with manga harems, and some with this series, but not the harem in this series.

Dex-chan lover
yeah using your sword daughter is too fast, ripping their limb with your hand is more torturing

Dex-chan lover
I like harems where everyone is happy with the person they love

I hate the harem trope of introducing a fleshed out chrcter only to be tossed aside in the end for the final girl to win

Dex-chan lover
I agree with the two people's views on "harem" tags in manga. The vast majority are just a "quantity" (greater than one) of "females" around one male. A "harem" that does not make. That is a "love polygon", pure and simple.

I don't mind harems, either "version" (but I still wouldn't define a "love polygon" as a "harem") but I vastly prefer a "true harem" in which everyone (truly) chooses to be there, and preferably at least accepts the others there as well. Sadly this rarely happens, but I could name a few (if I wanted to give spoilers for various series, which I don't).

P.S. I would actually cite the two individuals, but I'm on a phone and @Ing people is more difficult.

Dex-chan lover
So he is going to massacre them with his own hand huh? good oh and when it come to harem tag,
I agree with all of the above.
Harem can be good if done right and not "token girl of the arc" like 100 version of template novel out there, even one of the most overhype novel has that bad harem issue despite it bring written to be OTP from the start.

Users who are viewing this thread