Skip and Loafer - Ch. 60 - Mumbled words

Contributor
The mention of Frankenstein has caused me to involuntarily mention my favorite factoid about the author:
many historians believe that she lost her virginity on top of her mother’s grave

She was truly the prototypical goth

Double-page supporter
you would think i was watching a sports game the way i cheer each time this updates..anyways i absolutely LOVED this chapter- the pivot from the third years back to mitsumitsu & co had me a bit confused at first, but i feel like this was a push in the right direction!! i'm loving this running motif (?) takamatsu's started using of paralleling shima with different theatrical characters to give us a look into his own psyche! his character development is gonna be absolutely sick. also we got shimamitsu crumbs yayyy <3

Double-page supporter
It's kinda funny, sure, but the parallels between the monster/scientist relationship and his own with his mother should be interesting to watch and see if he makes a breakthrough.
Someone on twitter put it best, in that Shima was built on the expectations of his mother and what other people demanded of him, he is created with the purpose to serve others, cause otherwise he is worthless, and it is only till recently that he's found people who love him for who he is, not for what they want him to be. Really cool stuff!

i was giggling and kicking my feet in the air while reading this ~~ soooo cute! (but he better not fumble again)

Group Leader
I have no idea wtf yasaka said. Stuff about selfish or whatever can someone explain in boomer terms

Double-page supporter
I have no idea wtf yasaka said. Stuff about selfish or whatever can someone explain in boomer terms
Dunno if this helps, but basically the girls were all trying to read in to Shima's actions to figure out what his angle was in asking Mitsumi out.

Yasaka suggests maybe there was no 'angle' or he didn't care about the implications, he just did it cuz he wanted to.

Mitsumi says isn't that insincere (I think you could also say shallow/flippant maybe), since it's an action made without any thoughts behind it?

Yasaka says no not everyone thinks things thoroughly like that, in fact, because he just did what he wanted without thinking, that probably WAS his genuine true feelings.

Dex-chan lover
ugh i just love the small in betweens ssssssm!

i loved seeing shima just automatically know, and be so envious, of the bond the girls have 😩

and seeing yasaka give her honest thoughts to our quartet and see them so amazed 🤭
it really felt like a group of girls talking about something completely new to them after school and being wowed by an unexpected someone with a wide perspective 🙈💕

Dex-chan lover
I'm enjoying the series but I have to confess I don't really understand what's the business between Mitsumi and Shima. I thought that if I'd soldier through a few chapters it would finally shine some light about the whole situation. But I'm more confused than ever.

Users who are viewing this thread