Saikyou no Maou ni Kitaerareta Yuusha Isekai Kikanshatachi no Gakuen de Musou Suru - Ch. 23

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the support everyone. One more chapter to go. Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a next series I can work-on since the raws get updated every month or so?

And support me at ko-fi.com/appyscans if you want.
Is there really only one more chapter?

Dex-chan lover
All of this seems likely, yes. Seems very very stereotyped. Honestly annoying. I believed this manga was about a weird MC and a weird demon lord getting together and hopefully having a cute romance.

Instead we get.... annoying cringe enemies. Why? No really, why. If there were supposed to be real enemies, fine. But wannabe edgelords are just annoying, and the whole "I must not stand out" schtick.

If the author wants to go down this route, my annoyance can only be appeased by massive amounts of blood and tears. If you give me THIS kind of cringe worthy opponents, the only possible resolution is blood and pain....
This manga started out unbelievably well, had a great premise.... but ultimately has been ruined by lazy/shit writing

Dex-chan lover
Hmm.. I really wish all the hero that MC defeats does not jumps into his bandwagon singing “Kumbaya”.

Please no more Talk-No-Jutsu.

For whatever the reason, I have this huge mashle vibes from few last chapters.

Dex-chan lover
I'm really enjoying this series. I'm gonna be really sad when it gets dropped by the scanlation team like every other series like this I have ever enjoyed.

Dex-chan lover
Instead we get.... annoying cringe enemies. Why? No really, why. If there were supposed to be real enemies, fine. But wannabe edgelords are just annoying, and the whole "I must not stand out" schtick.
Wannabe edgelords are exactly the sort of people you'd expect to be most of the enemies in this situation, even without the fact that some of the most major goddesses are encouraging that behavior. Every single student at this school was given a superpower and told to go kill someone. It should come as no surprise that some amount of these people took a liking to using their power to do violence on others (or already had that liking in the first place).

And as for the MC's insistence on not standing out, there's still an obvious good reason for that. As strong as he is, there's no reason to believe he can take on all of the goddesses and all of their heroes if they came after him at once, and that's likely what they'll do if they figure out he's harboring a Demon Lord. The easiest way for someone to figure out he's harboring a Demon Lord is to ask themself "If this guy's so strong, why couldn't he kill his Demon Lord?", because the obvious answer is "Because he chose not to." But because our protagonist is a Good Guy(tm) he won't just abandon people when he can help them, even if it risks inviting more problems to himself. Basic hero shit.

Dex-chan lover
I mean the story has been implying that the "goddesses" aren't so noble after all since the first few chapters when it's implied they forced the mc's kitty waifu into being a demon lord from the start, so the idea their heroes would be villains is not exactly a stretch.
Yeah but those people are still heroes who SAVED ENTIRE WORLDS.

It's wild how we've only seen 2 people who behave like normal human beings and aren't total psychos when all the humans we meet are supposed to be heroes, even if they were assholes they shouldn't just be murder hobos.

As someone said earlier, why are we going the cliché route when we could have some fluffy time between a cat and its owner?

t28

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow, how villainous.
Are we sure the author's not mistaking heroes with villains?
200.webp
They are all potentially villainous. They are uber powerful teenagers who have been able to kill while having their egos filled by being positioned as saviours of other worlds.

That (relatively) unchecked power and narcissism is exactly why this school system exists in the first place. There is probably no way they can reintegrate them into regular society so they are quarantined here.

Dex-chan lover
That (relatively) unchecked power and narcissism is exactly why this school system exists in the first place. There is probably no way they can reintegrate them into regular society so they are quarantined here.
Sounds good. Too bad the school's not that good. They encourages hooliganism instead, with all the hiearchy and killings.
:nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
Wannabe edgelords are exactly the sort of people you'd expect to be most of the enemies in this situation, even without the fact that some of the most major goddesses are encouraging that behavior. Every single student at this school was given a superpower and told to go kill someone. It should come as no surprise that some amount of these people took a liking to using their power to do violence on others (or already had that liking in the first place).

And as for the MC's insistence on not standing out, there's still an obvious good reason for that. As strong as he is, there's no reason to believe he can take on all of the goddesses and all of their heroes if they came after him at once, and that's likely what they'll do if they figure out he's harboring a Demon Lord. The easiest way for someone to figure out he's harboring a Demon Lord is to ask themself "If this guy's so strong, why couldn't he kill his Demon Lord?", because the obvious answer is "Because he chose not to." But because our protagonist is a Good Guy(tm) he won't just abandon people when he can help them, even if it risks inviting more problems to himself. Basic hero shit.

The issue I have here is that 80% of the "heroes" we have seen are unhinged assholed, from the elitist bastards (the "professional" dudes on the previous world) all the way to psychos (in this chapter and the absorbing power dude in the previous arc).
Some of them being bad apples make sense, but not so many I feel. Let's not forget they STILL saved their worlds, even if it was kinda their job. Not being nice does not automatically mean being psychopaths.

And of course the most powerful heroes are the most unhinged bastards. That beggars belief, that the strongest would automatically be the shittiest.

As for not standing out, yes it makes sense that he wants to hide to some degree. But there can be a happy medium between "Show that I'm the strongest" and "pretend that I'm the weakest". In fact, in order not to stand out being just a bit below the middle of the pack is best, cause being rock bottom can also make you stand out, since it makes you a target.

Ultimately I don't know, maybe it feels so bad because I had higher expectations... It's not BAD, but I hoped better you know...

Last edited:

I agree with you. But it's still stereotypical, annoying to read and not what the premise of the series made us hope for.

Edit: And before someone responds with some "You can always just stop reading" bs, I would encorage you to think about whether that actually makes sense. Since myself and others here aren't just blatantly hating the series but just dislike the current direction of the plot since it was way better and different before.

Dex-chan lover
And of course the most powerful heroes are the most unhinged bastards. That beggars belief, that the strongest would automatically be the shittiest.
They have excellent reason to call themselves objectively superior to literally everyone else. People like me get a big head because we're smarter than everyone else. I can assure you, if I could level a mountain by farting, the least I'd be is a petty dickhead.

Dex-chan lover
The issue I have here is that 80% of the "heroes" we have seen are unhinged assholed, from the elitist bastards (the "professional" dudes on the previous world) all the way to psychos (in this chapter and the absorbing power dude in the previous arc).
Some of them being bad apples make sense, but not so many I feel. Let's not forget they STILL saved their worlds, even if it was kinda their job. Not being nice does not automatically mean being psychopaths.

As for not standing out, yes it makes sense that he wants to hide to some degree. But there can be a happy medium between "Show that I'm the strongest" and "pretend that I'm the weakest". In fact, in order not to stand out being just a bit below the middle of the pack is best, cause being rock bottom can also make you stand out, since it makes you a target.

Ultimately I don't know, maybe it feels so bad because I had higher expectations... It's not BAD, but I hoped better you know...
Its kinda funny to me that Absorbing others dude somehow feel less Evil to me compared to some others we seen . I mean again Murder absorb is bad yeha but shit i dunno its hard to feel ad for other heroes he absorber if everyone head up their ass

Dex-chan lover
Yeah but those people are still heroes who SAVED ENTIRE WORLDS.
Many policemen, judge, lawyer are killer, rapist, pedophile and many other things, and they still, at some point, helped someone...
Saving someone dont mean you're someone good. And in this setting, a bunch of kid are sent to KILL creature that look and are as intelligent as human. That's all one need to become crazy and enjoy violence.
They get OP skill, have goddess that push them to become egoistic bastard, and everyone was treating them like savior.

IRL people get crazy for way less than this.

Users who are viewing this thread